Pages: 1 ... 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4544149 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #5925 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 18:12:39 »

I never understood how council tax avoidance was so high... When SBC canceled my DD in a fit of incompetence they were right on my case to pay up. Then, when they failed to set it up again the next month, they withdrew my right to pay in installments and demanded £700+ or I was off to court... all of this from their mistake and their inability to take my money.

I fucking hate our council.

Go to court....you will win the case if it was there imcompetance,they did the same to us.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #5926 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 18:47:38 »

If our council was that skint surely they could sell that bit of scrap metal in the middle of town?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #5927 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 18:57:07 »

Exactly the same happened to me a few years ago. I don't know how, but eventually they let me pay in instalments again. The trouble is there's just no accountability for government incompetence, local or national, and if they're wrong, who cares, they don't, they made the rules and they're judge, jury and executioner. There's no ombudsman, there's no regulatory body (aside from the courts), it's just a cartoon character turning you upside down and shaking the money out of your pockets whether you like it or not.

And I also fucking hate our council - with every cell of my body.

There is a Local Government Ombudsman:

http://www.lgo.org.uk/

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #5928 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 19:01:37 »

I never understood how council tax avoidance was so high... When SBC canceled my DD in a fit of incompetence they were right on my case to pay up. Then, when they failed to set it up again the next month, they withdrew my right to pay in installments and demanded £700+ or I was off to court... all of this from their mistake and their inability to take my money.

I fucking hate our council.
Go to court, i had a simiular thing with housing benefit, they didn't send me a re newable form for 3 years then told me i owed them 3 years housing benefit. I refused to pay them so they took me to court & lost, they couldn't even tell the court how i was recieving a week, the magistrate asked how they knew how much owed if they didn't know how much i was claiming. The judge ruled in my favor then pointed out that wasn't actually entitled to it anymore & if the council had done there work properly i would have had to pay up.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5929 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 20:57:30 »

Scouting for Italy's Stunners semi final tomorrow.
DRS

« Reply #5930 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 21:07:44 »

Good luck nemo.Stick with tried and tested wank fodder.I made the mistake of trying to use a different lady bar one until now.It has backfired
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #5931 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 21:13:22 »

This game on mousebreaker.

http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/supershotstopper/playgame

Hours of wasted fun but i still can't get past the semi's
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #5932 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 21:34:15 »

Ronaldo putting himself down for the potentially 'glory' 5th penalty...but doesn't take one as it's all over before he has chance to.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5933 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 21:39:08 »

He's missed in penalty shoot-outs when taking them early on while he's taken the last penalty before (England?) and won it. What's the problem?

Cristiano Ronaldo is a phenomenal talent.

The shell-shocked Alves missing having previously been sent back by Nani (and the fact that Portugal lost) made me smile.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 21:41:33 by Costanza » Logged
DRS

« Reply #5934 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 21:40:59 »

Better than messi imo
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #5935 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 21:43:45 »

He's missed in penalty shoot-outs when taking them early on while he's taken the last penalty before (England?) and won it. What's the problem?

His team lost the shoot-out.

Such a phenomenal talent should have stepped up earlier and got one in the bag for his side. Hindsight being a wonderful thing of course.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5936 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 21:49:43 »

Personally, I think it's just people trying to find something to have a go at Ronaldo.

He played his part in getting Portugal to the Semi-Finals. He's a phenomenal talent and not taking one of the first four penalties in a (lottery) shoot-out does not alter this.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #5937 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 22:49:26 »

Personally, I think it's just people trying to find something to have a go at Ronaldo.

He played his part in getting Portugal to the Semi-Finals. He's a phenomenal talent and not taking one of the first four penalties in a (lottery) shoot-out does not alter this.

It kind of does when the motive for him not taking one of the earlier penalties was probably that he wanted the glory of the 5th, and therein lies reason that people don't like him. He's an arrogant, self-involved twat, probably. More so than other footballers. And it's one of the main attributes that separates him from Messi, that Messi has humility and is a team player and Ronaldo is all about himself. I'm not interested in comparing the two normally, just like the Rooney/Shearer thing (although that is even more irrelevant), but in this case it works well. They're both incredible players.

His face at the end didn't seem like someone who was gutted to be knocked out of a competition, it looked like someone who was angry that his supposed moment of glory was taken away from him. And the face of someone who is probably angry at themselves for not, quite literally, taking one for the team.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5938 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 22:57:09 »

Maybe he offered to take what could have been the most crucial penalty because he was the only one who had the balls to do it.

Having watched Ronaldo play in serveral tournaments it's clear he just wants his country to succeed. It's not about him at all, people are just portraying him in that light.

Nani is far far worse at being billy big bollocks.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5939 on: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 05:13:15 »

does fuck all in the big international games...again

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: