Pages: 1 ... 1637 1638 1639 [1640] 1641 1642 1643 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4546281 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24585 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:24:52 »

Is it a one off bank holiday or a new permanent one?

I imagine it will be a one off, considering how much needs to go into planning these things, plus the whole diary/calendar printing nonsense, we could end up having a bank holiday to celebrate a recently deceased monarch, which would be peak 21st century Britain!
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #24586 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:30:07 »

We get a day off if she dies anyway don't we? Well "a day off" if you work in a place where they close.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #24587 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 10:53:06 »

Probably a day when she passes, a day for the next coronation, maybe one when prince phil passes?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24588 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 19:02:19 »

If anything positive regarding death and may also bring some comfort to anyone that loses anyone inside the next few years...they are probably leaving this world at the bloody right time.

The collective future isn't exactly a bright one for this species. Especially one so hell bent on either destroying the environment built to thrive or just destroying itself. We'll all be gone long before we fully destroy this planet...either by design or we'll have relocated elsewhere and started raping/mining the shit out of those resources too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #24589 on: Friday, November 13, 2020, 21:26:14 »

Bolton beating Salford 2-0,  even more so with 2 ex Swindon players scoring,  Doyle & Turnbull with an og. Really happy to see the mighty rich Salford together with Wellens realise it's not going to be as easy as they thought !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24590 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 06:41:42 »

Salford forum, Sounds familiar Zzz

It’s the first time in a while that I’ve managed to watch a Salford team play a game of football and I wasn’t very impressed !
I know the new manager is trying to get the team to play a certain way, his way or the highway, a new philosophy, but if it’s going to be this possession based way of playing out from the back, I’m not sure if it’s the attack minded way of playing he wants his team to play !
It was too slow for my liking and Bolton just parked the bus and broke on the counter attack and we made two errors which they scored from, with a little help from Turnbill !
What happened to our captain ? Was he dropped or is he injured, and what’s happened to Richie Towell ?
It was like we started the season all over again with a new manager and new players that haven’t played together before !
The pressure of playing under a new manager and the pressure from Gary Neville ! Thank god we weren’t there supporting the team !

Where did our away form go? I didn't watch but listening to RW we were poor. He was very scathing about the performance and seemed to imply some players aren't pulling their weight and aren't working hard enough in training to be able to transfer that to games. I think we might see a few changes next time out as he couldn't praise the younger players highly enough after Rochdale. I think Mr Wellens has a big job on his hands to get us up to league 1 but he sounded determined to bring about improvements.

So, give no fucks
REDBUCK

« Reply #24591 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 08:20:38 »

Nope
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24592 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 20:31:51 »

Amazon accidentally declaring a united Ireland on Twitter. Busy day for their twitter admin.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #24593 on: Sunday, November 15, 2020, 23:43:02 »

Not that trivial and fairly historic.

Anyone interested in watching, Nasa Crew-1  first ever crewed lift off from Pad 39A with SpaceX. Launch to ISS is in t-25mins.

Love this stuff.

'Incessant Nonsense'

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #24594 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 14:16:52 »

Looks like the Wrexham takeover is pretty much done.

https://twitter.com/Wrexham_AFC/status/1328339177746927624?s=20

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/extraordinary-ballot-rob-mcelhenney-and-ryan-reynolds-mission-statement
« Last Edit: Monday, November 16, 2020, 14:21:28 by horlock07 » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #24595 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 14:34:42 »

A return for SR?  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

welshred

Ignore
« Reply #24596 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 16:46:27 »

This is completely mental. They seem to be in tune with the club and its history according to the mission statement but how will they have any time to invest in this project? Will be interesting to see how it pans out, and how much money they plough into it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #24597 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 17:17:30 »

This is completely mental. They seem to be in tune with the club and its history according to the mission statement but how will they have any time to invest in this project? Will be interesting to see how it pans out, and how much money they plough into it.

And who is actually running the club.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24598 on: Monday, November 16, 2020, 22:14:28 »

Couple of items we can all enjoy in the list of ten least successful new-build stadia.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2020/nov/16/new-ground-10-unsuccessful-modern-stadium-moves?fbclid=IwAR1ca5xojRu4WW-JBnV92GDjQG5HAIxPhLo7q6jxia-Qcj7lNT1yzcP6AS8

Tradition is so important to football that I increasingly think preserving an unprettified old shed will in the long-term be valued way above every plastic vanity project.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #24599 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 09:36:56 »

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-11-12/why-hollywood-s-ryan-reynolds-rob-mcelhenney-want-to-buy-wrexham-fc
Pages: 1 ... 1637 1638 1639 [1640] 1641 1642 1643 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: