Pages: 1 ... 1604 1605 1606 [1607] 1608 1609 1610 ... 1938   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4663227 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24090 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 22:07:04 »

Did you see his little wink after the tears whilst hugging the Bayern player!

I thought I noticed something although he does squint a lot. Was very 'Ronaldo-esque'

RE: Hugging. It's laughable, all the game, technical staff etc have masks "on" and at FT. This invisible virus lifter seems to appear as they hug, kiss, pump each others junk and so on. Even the medal ceremony... our FA Cup it was DIY medal ceremony. This was just a the whole normal shooting match. Weird amount of double standards. It's no wonder Joey the boy public is confused about what is right or wrong.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #24091 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 06:04:24 »

Fucking bastard teachers again, determined to stop kids learning with their Marxist agenda and inflating grades! Best to round em all up, put em in a field and bomb the bastards!

https://twitter.com/TmorrowsPapers/status/1297647113745190912

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24092 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 07:06:15 »

Fucking bastard teachers again, determined to stop kids learning with their Marxist agenda and inflating grades! Best to round em all up, put em in a field and bomb the bastards!

https://twitter.com/TmorrowsPapers/status/1297647113745190912
to be fair they also said parents at the gate are more likely to spread it, especially if they go for a coffee together after ...

Bloody teachers, and patents (who can't work of their kids aren't in school ) going for coffee instead of working.

according to a public health England study anyway.... ah.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #24093 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 07:28:23 »

to be fair they also said parents at the gate are more likely to spread it, especially if they go for a coffee together after ...

Bloody teachers, and patents (who can't work of their kids aren't in school ) going for coffee instead of working.

I think you need to moan about your English teachers Batch!  Girl Giggle

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24094 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 07:35:28 »

yeah. I'm not a morning person. or a spelling person
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24095 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 07:49:55 »

I thought I noticed something although he does squint a lot. Was very 'Ronaldo-esque'

RE: Hugging. It's laughable, all the game, technical staff etc have masks "on" and at FT. This invisible virus lifter seems to appear as they hug, kiss, pump each others junk and so on. Even the medal ceremony... our FA Cup it was DIY medal ceremony. This was just a the whole normal shooting match. Weird amount of double standards. It's no wonder Joey the boy public is confused about what is right or wrong.

Yes the woman ni was very Ronaldo -esque and very fake. Also a couple of players one from each side were really badly hurt rolling around & tapping their hand on the turf for 20 seconds then surprise surprise just like Magic they got up and ran back over to join the action!! So different from Rugby players who must have been watching with embarrassment😁

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24096 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 08:11:33 »

Its just getting the excuses lined up if it spikes once the kids have gone back isn't it, its all very well saying that kids don't get it badly, however unless the kids are going to be kept in a bubble with their class mates 24/7 its who they are potentially going to give it to at home is the concern.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24097 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 09:32:16 »

hard to argue.

the bubble is only about not having to close an entire school if an outbreak occurs.

it's a tricky one. I saw my own son perk up a hell of a lot when he went back to school (year 6). And there's no denying prolonged absence will damage them academically.

But on the other hand there isn't zero risk. people are bound to get covid in schools.

I know you're a teacher, as is Mrs B. It is a worry.

But in not sure what the alternative is other than shutting down for a year. clearly distance learning isn't an option. the infrastructure for many just isn't there.

But disappointed there isn't some sort of regular test regime though. yeah that's not great for the kids, but given they are more likely to be asymptomatic (according to government) surely that's more reason to do it.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #24098 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 09:51:46 »

We've got a 16 year old who's just leaving school and a 14 year old who's just starting the GCSE's.  At the moment we are waiting for contact from the school as to how they are making things work.  I understand the A Level and then GCSE fiscos were taking up a lot of time but really hope to see something from the school (Hardenhuish in Chippenham) this week.

We've been rather struck by the lack of any sort of plan B.  The online teaching they offered between March and July was laughable.  Work was set from home which my daughter did, but it was rarely marked.  They surely have to have some sort of plan with online teaching but actually doing it properly this time.

We need to know whats going on.

Never knowingly overstated.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #24099 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 12:09:59 »

Also a couple of players one from each side were really badly hurt rolling around & tapping their hand on the turf for 20 seconds then surprise surprise just like Magic they got up and ran back over to join the action!! So different from Rugby players who must have been watching with embarrassment😁

I think it's embarrassing for pretty much the majority of pro footballers too tbh. Hardly a role model a "young-un" should aspire to be. But then I'm of the ilk that top end surgeons, innovators, inventors, researchers and suchlike should be far more publicly celebrated than any sports stars. If only the MSM had the tools, resources and exposure to make that possible?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #24100 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 12:10:39 »

yeah. I'm not a morning person. or a spelling person

Did you mean a morning person or a moaning person cos  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24101 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 12:20:51 »

I think it's embarrassing for pretty much the majority of pro footballers too tbh. Hardly a role model a "young-un" should aspire to be. But then I'm of the ilk that top end surgeons, innovators, inventors, researchers and suchlike should be far more publicly celebrated than any sports stars. If only the MSM had the tools, resources and exposure to make that possible?  Hmmm

I'm the same and cant get my head around how a league one footballer can be paid say 10,000 per month and don't buy the old saying it's a short career as they have plenty of free time to learn other things failing that they will have to Get a job as a postman, woek in a Factory, warehouse or delivery driver like thousands of others have to. Then there's your Premiership players where some earn more in a week than a brain surgeon gets per annum which is ridiculous

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #24102 on: Monday, August 24, 2020, 12:28:50 »

I'm the same and cant get my head around how a league one footballer can be paid say 10,000 per month and don't buy the old saying it's a short career as they have plenty of free time to learn other things failing that they will have to Get a job as a postman, woek in a Factory, warehouse or delivery driver like thousands of others have to. Then there's your Premiership players where some earn more in a week than a brain surgeon gets per annum which is ridiculous

Absolutely, but careful as you are making preposterous suggestions that a L1 player will be on £2.5k pw. I mean there is no way we could afford to offer a player like Ireland £3k pw let alone Grant  Wink

Yeah definitely, and even pretty much every Championship 1st teamer will be earning more pa than a surgeon or consultant. Nuts.

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24103 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 06:11:47 »

Off to my weekly, 2-hour Greek lesson. I don’t think I’m cut out for it - it’s so difficult.

Some of the letters are the exact same as the English but sound completely different.

B = v
P = r

and so on.

I’ll persevere but feel I’m getting nowhere

Adio!
Flashheart

« Reply #24104 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 06:56:32 »

Off to my weekly, 2-hour Greek lesson. I don’t think I’m cut out for it - it’s so difficult.

Some of the letters are the exact same as the English but sound completely different.

B = v
P = r

and so on.

I’ll persevere but feel I’m getting nowhere

Adio!

persevere = Pevsebeve.

HTH
Pages: 1 ... 1604 1605 1606 [1607] 1608 1609 1610 ... 1938   Go Up
Print
Jump to: