Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 1334 [1335] 1336 1337 1338 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4511062 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #20010 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 08:30:20 »

Almost put this in explayers, but this seems more appropriate.

My favouritist player (Simon Ferry)  talking about his time under a manager almost as divisive as Brexit.

http://www.open-goal.co.uk/2017/12/19/christmas-special-chick-young-meets-si-ferry-episode-2-paolo-di-canio/

Sadly there’s no subtitles.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #20011 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 08:59:26 »

Smiley

My favouritist player (Simon Ferry)  talking about his time under a manager almost as divisive as Brexit.

http://www.open-goal.co.uk/2017/12/19/christmas-special-chick-young-meets-si-ferry-episode-2-paolo-di-canio/

'Fabrizio, put the music on!'  Grin

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20012 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 09:39:07 »

As long as it’s not a tory one he’ll be fine.

I think its fairly safe to assume that it would not be a Tory one, they only deal in public school white ones from what I have been led to believe....  Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20013 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 10:04:13 »

Brilliant...  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20014 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 11:07:46 »

http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=scotch+bonnet+cider

I've ordered some of this. Didn't know it existed until yesterday.
Eeeuuhh. How does that even work? I get that some people like spicy food, but in cider?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20015 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 11:42:15 »

I'll let you know in a few days. They also do a range of chilli beer. I'm intrigued.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20016 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 11:43:20 »

I'll let you know in a few days. They also do a range of chilli beer. I'm intrigued.

I would imagine its going to sting on the way out???
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20017 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 12:04:42 »

No pain, no gain. To be honest some of the curries I have act like a colonic irrigation anyway.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20018 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 12:22:17 »

Eeeuuhh. How does that even work? I get that some people like spicy food, but in cider?
I've had some decent stouts with chili but it's been a very slight hint, and definitely not scotch bonnet.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20019 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 14:29:04 »

My missus bought me some chilli chocolate once, it was really nice chocolate then a minute or so later the after-taste of the chilli kicked in and ruined it (not to mention being quite uncomfortable). Just seemed like a great way to ruin nice chocolate, and a little bit reminded me of the Monty Python confectioners sketch

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20020 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 14:34:27 »

I ate some scotch bonnet once. I'm OK with spicy foods, not blistering hot ones, but it was OK,I only had a bit.

I ate it. Fine. Hot but I could handle it.
The lad wanted to kick a ball around.
Got to the front door, about 1 minute after eating the chilli.
Then the stomach cramps and the dry retching started. Followed by the sweats.

So anyway, let us know how it goes. may have only used a bit in there,
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20021 on: Thursday, December 21, 2017, 12:02:20 »

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the other thread, but it made me laff so here it is. Ordered a top for my lad from adidas on Black Friday. Two weeks later was still showing as "Not yet dispatched" so rang Customer Services to ask WTF. Permanently busy so followed advice of recorded message and sent a message via their FB page. Next day, no answer from FB so rang again, spoke to helpful bloke who unclogged it from the system, two days later top arrives, all good. The following day I get a message on FB from adidas responding to my request for help from four days ago saying "Hi how can we help?". The problem was sorted so they couldn't but if that had been my only channel of communication I'd have been fuming so I replied "Four days to respond to a simple FB message, that's shocking". And forgot about it. This morning, had a reply apologising it had taken them four days to respond to my original message, five days after that message. Not sure if they're taking the piss or using mathematical sequencing to ensure the worst possible level of customer service. I look forward to a further response in 6 days time Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20022 on: Thursday, December 21, 2017, 14:36:08 »

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the other thread, but it made me laff so here it is. Ordered a top for my lad from adidas on Black Friday. Two weeks later was still showing as "Not yet dispatched" so rang Customer Services to ask WTF. Permanently busy so followed advice of recorded message and sent a message via their FB page. Next day, no answer from FB so rang again, spoke to helpful bloke who unclogged it from the system, two days later top arrives, all good. The following day I get a message on FB from adidas responding to my request for help from four days ago saying "Hi how can we help?". The problem was sorted so they couldn't but if that had been my only channel of communication I'd have been fuming so I replied "Four days to respond to a simple FB message, that's shocking". And forgot about it. This morning, had a reply apologising it had taken them four days to respond to my original message, five days after that message. Not sure if they're taking the piss or using mathematical sequencing to ensure the worst possible level of customer service. I look forward to a further response in 6 days time Smiley

Arrow XL.

I was talking to them via Facebook for a few days then got the very helpful response of ‘try contacting our social media team’

Ummmm...!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #20023 on: Thursday, December 21, 2017, 17:12:10 »

Nike store have an extra 50% off sale and. Managed to pick up a pair of new trainers for 14 quid. I’m not fussed about brands in general but I do find Nike’s one of the only trainers my size 12s are comfortable in.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #20024 on: Thursday, December 21, 2017, 19:01:00 »

I think its fairly safe to assume that it would not be a Tory one, they only deal in public school white ones from what I have been led to believe....  Wink
That’s just it, you’re easily led.
Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 1334 [1335] 1336 1337 1338 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: