Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 1283 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4546966 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19185 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 23:50:13 »

All the PL managers have just pencilled in six points for next season.

Are you upset because Reading lost?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19186 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 09:10:33 »

I went to the game with some Reading fans I work with. The Huddersfield support was absolutely superb. Non stop from before the game til after they made a huge amount of noise and they fully deserved the win too.

Reading were woeful. Was like watching Swindon... sideways passing with no real attacking intent.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #19187 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 13:29:06 »

Are you upset because Reading lost?

In a word, no. I don't support them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19188 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 10:33:36 »

To think, if this had taken off we could all be pushball fans, moaning about Power's failure to recruit a suitable team of pushers

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/jun/01/the-forgotten-story-of-pushball-a-game-for-giants-that-bewitched-britain
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #19189 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 08:38:47 »

To think, if this had taken off we could all be pushball fans, moaning about Power's failure to recruit a suitable team of pushers

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/jun/01/the-forgotten-story-of-pushball-a-game-for-giants-that-bewitched-britain

Believe it or not, and I'm sure Reg and other oldies will confirm, we did have pushball at the County Ground. Early '60s? At half time when there was a plan to provide 'entertainment' in addition to the match. From memory, the secret was to get the ball up in the air a bit then push it like mad so it bounced towards the goal. Once you got the ball moving it was hard to stop.

Mainly we all stood there laughing watching these blokes getting flattened. Simple pleasures......
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19190 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 11:37:41 »

Believe it or not, and I'm sure Reg and other oldies will confirm, we did have pushball at the County Ground. Early '60s? At half time when there was a plan to provide 'entertainment' in addition to the match. From memory, the secret was to get the ball up in the air a bit then push it like mad so it bounced towards the goal. Once you got the ball moving it was hard to stop.

Mainly we all stood there laughing watching these blokes getting flattened. Simple pleasures......

Back then half time was only 10 minutes.  There have been all sorts of weird entertainments down the years. 

Simple pleasures for simpler times, I've always liked seeing kids have a kick about.... sadly given the paedo scandal in football and the general rise of child abuse in society, it's not really an option now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19191 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 11:40:48 »

...I've always liked seeing kids have a kick about.... sadly given the paedo scandal in football and the general rise of child abuse in society, it's not really an option now...

What the heck are you on about? Kids play football at half time on the pitch. To link that to the paedo scandal is ridiculous and "not an option" is simply not true.

And where is the evidence to say noncing is on the rise? More reported/less covered up now  for sure. But on the rise?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19192 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 11:43:30 »

My son and his wife are taking the grandson - 2 months old - to his first parent/baby swimming session on Monday.

No taking of photos allowed. Bit extreme to me.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19193 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 11:54:51 »

What the heck are you on about? Kids play football at half time on the pitch. To link that to the paedo scandal is ridiculous and "not an option" is simply not true.

And where is the evidence to say noncing is on the rise? More reported/less covered up now  for sure. But on the rise?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/mar/09/recorded-child-sex-abuse-cases-increase-by-more-than-30

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19194 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 12:04:18 »

recorded, I bet the reality is somewhat different though obviously can't prove it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19195 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 12:12:16 »

recorded, I bet the reality is somewhat different though obviously can't prove it.

Chief constable Simon Bailey, who is in charge of combating child sexual abuse in England and Wales, told the Guardian that the increase was caused by an increase in attacks, not just because victims were more willing to trust the police and report them.

It's a sad reflection of the times in which we live, that simple things which most people take for granted are affected by such things as the football coach paedo scandal.  As things stand the FA inquiry into this is ongoing....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/15/fa-investigators-seek-evidence-ofpaedophile-ring/

it is to be hoped that safeguarding recommendations do not stop kids having a half time kick about..
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19196 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 15:43:59 »

Wasn't there an attempt at a Wild West shootout for halftime entertainment sometime in the mid 70's.
The straw bales used for cover could then just be spread over the pitch.

The Robinettes of the PL season had a nice collective hip thrust action that seemed to go down well with the majority of the crowd.

The more recent incarnation of the Robinettes was sadly not so good with the eye inevitably drawn to the one participant who appeared to be slightly "heavier" than her colleagues.
There are some activities where maybe inclusivity, although well meaning and to be admired, is not such a good idea.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #19197 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 15:46:21 »

Weren't the most recent incarnation of the robinettes also 14 years old?

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19198 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 15:51:14 »

I remember the Robinettes from the late 90's when I was going regularly (for me at least), it always sounded like about half of the occupants sat around me in the DRS seemed to have had a go on most of them?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19199 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:03:53 »

Weren't the most recent incarnation of the robinettes also 14 years old?

Yes, far too young.
American sport knows how to do cheerleading properly.

Injecting a bit of pace into those sloth like creatures who return the ball when it goes out play would also be a good thing.
I'd get the youth team to do it, would help keep their feet on the ground and also allow them to better appreciate the tactical nuances of whoever is the latest football genius in charge of the first team, as opposed to lounging around in the Arkells.

The fat blokes who bring the stretcher on need to go as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 1283 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: