Pages: 1 ... 1274 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 1280 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4511059 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #19140 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 21:40:15 »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39996592

Now that's Karma.

RIP, elephant.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #19141 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 21:48:38 »

I'll second that.....
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #19142 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 22:13:22 »

I got stopped and questioned by t'fuzz earlier.

My mate asked if he'd left his jacket in his car, and I went out to check. The policeman must have seen me peering through the windows of a vehicle and came and asked me what I was doing. He really must have had fuck all to do that day.

He was really nice though. Not all coppers are bastards (to youngish white women Wink)

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19143 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 07:48:54 »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39996592

Now that's Karma.

RIP, elephant.

Perhaps the hunters should use their bare hands, even things up a bit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19144 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:19:22 »

SBC's decision to keep the bleepers in OT, rather than have Regent's Circus style open crossings.

Fuck me it's dangerous enough anyway with the bleepers due to the number of goons who sail on through the red, whilst they're on their phones.

The great planner's masterstroke, was plotted to shave a few minutes off the bus from the Front Garden to the Town Centre, and included narrowing the pavements for pedestrians in order to secure bus egress.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:34:33 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #19145 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:55:13 »

I have never seen any problems with the regent street stoppings whatsoever, as either a driver or a pedestrian. Don't understand the ire they get

Things get better but they never get good
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19146 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:55:30 »

That crossing (if you can call it that) at regents circus is nothing short of an abomination.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19147 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 11:11:52 »

Mexican politician has massive billboard posters put up all over the city with a hahshtag that translates as "campaign hashtag" Smiley This replaces his previous hashtag which translates as "Because my moustache" Smiley

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/25/mexico-campaign-hashtag-politician-javier-zapat
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19148 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 11:28:28 »

The banner at the EL Final saying "Zlatan, Stay and you can shag my wife"
Zlatan was loving it having his photo taken etc etc but it took the BT Sport cameras a few moments before noticing and cutting away
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19149 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 12:15:43 »

The Regent's Street crossing is actually miles better than the previous incarnation - a multi junction crossing causes delays for all users because of the inevitable clashes in demand and flow.  The shares use approach means everyone keeps on edging through (both direction cars and pedestrians as well).  This slows the traffic at the junction but keeps it moving allowing people to natuarally feed into lanes etc.

It's similar to what is used here at shopping centers, and because everyone knows the rules, it works well with little frustration.

People just hate change.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19150 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 12:27:36 »

The Regent's Street crossing is actually miles better than the previous incarnation - a multi junction crossing causes delays for all users because of the inevitable clashes in demand and flow.  The shares use approach means everyone keeps on edging through (both direction cars and pedestrians as well).  This slows the traffic at the junction but keeps it moving allowing people to natuarally feed into lanes etc.

It's similar to what is used here at shopping centers, and because everyone knows the rules, it works well with little frustration.

People just hate change.
I just hate when pedestrians assume its their right of way and walk out in front of your car.
I also hate when other drivers treat it as a zebra crossing and stop, letting half the town cross before moving on.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19151 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 12:36:46 »

It is first come first come first served.  Standard basic rule of the road - don't drive through an already crossing pedestrian, don't walk out into a car approaching too fast to stop, too close to stop.  That ensures people slow down - meaning even when people forget the rules, it actually creates less chance of a dangerous accident.  I've rarely seen a driver go through at pace since the change, and if safety is the primary concern, then it works, because cars can hit people and be fine, but it tends not to work out so well for the pedestrian regardless of who got it wrong.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #19152 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 13:47:07 »

People just hate change.

I know you're now on the other side of the pond, but stop it Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19153 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 13:57:51 »

I know you're now on the other side of the pond, but stop it Smiley
At least he didn't say mall
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19154 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 14:00:05 »

People just hate change.

Nothing wrong with change when it is for the better. The old layout down at RC, was poor. A mix of zebra and lights, not good as my mate discovered when he got run down on the zebra.. the new layout is better.

As for OT, because SBC bolt on more housing, the road system comes under more stress... hence why the buses are delayed.

There has already been enough acts of pointless iconoclasm on the interesting buildings of OT, to facilitate futile traffic schemes...
Pages: 1 ... 1274 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 1280 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: