Pages: 1 ... 1268 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 1274 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4536358 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #19050 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 20:21:35 »

Aden Flint apparently taking a career change and starring BBC2's The Kingdom....

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #19051 on: Thursday, April 27, 2017, 22:08:29 »

Picked up a guys wallet he dropped earlier. Had to chase after him a bit through a crowd so he was very grateful. What I wasn't expecting was him to shout very loudly as I was walking away "I REALLY LOVE YOU."

Would have preferred a cash reward tbh.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19052 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 00:49:58 »

Picked up a guys wallet he dropped earlier. Had to chase after him a bit through a crowd so he was very grateful. What I wasn't expecting was him to shout very loudly as I was walking away "I REALLY LOVE YOU."

There's a tendency nowadays to over dramatise everything, you can see it in football. Whereas once it was a manly handshake, now it's a full on homerotic floor show.

Cricket is even worse, when Jim Laker took 19 Convict wickets at Old Trafford,, his response was to throw his sweater over his shoulder and walk off. Now, he'd have pulled a hamstring leaping about like a loon.

There's nothing wrong with a stiff upper lip.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19053 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 08:36:06 »

Was he pissed?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19054 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 08:52:30 »

Was he pissed?

Or did he have a Golden Retriever?  Wink
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19055 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 10:08:43 »

So last night my dad and I were at a gig in Kings Cross when he suddenly felt hot and more or less collapsed on the floor. (I didn't know at the time as I thought he went out to go to the toilet).

I cannot praise highly enough the amazing work that paramedics do, that's twice I have sat in an ambulance with paramedics (one in Swindon, one in London) and they are amazing people, extremely undervalued.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #19056 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 10:18:19 »

So last night my dad and I were at a gig in Kings Cross when he suddenly felt hot and more or less collapsed on the floor. (I didn't know at the time as I thought he went out to go to the toilet).

I cannot praise highly enough the amazing work that paramedics do, that's twice I have sat in an ambulance with paramedics (one in Swindon, one in London) and they are amazing people, extremely undervalued.

You go to gigs.... with your dad?  Hmmm

Seriously though, hope he is alright. We have had way too much interaction with paramedics over the last couple of years and I would echo that without exception they have been brilliant. We had them out to our little one, in the middle of the night, a few months back and the way they dealt with her and calmed her down (which we really couldn't do) was fantastic.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #19057 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 12:11:43 »

You go to gigs.... with your dad?  Hmmm

Seriously though, hope he is alright. We have had way too much interaction with paramedics over the last couple of years and I would echo that without exception they have been brilliant. We had them out to our little one, in the middle of the night, a few months back and the way they dealt with her and calmed her down (which we really couldn't do) was fantastic.

Ha, yes we like the same music so have always gone to gigs together.

Glad to hear you have had positive experiences too horlock.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #19058 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 15:05:10 »

I hope you will all be joining the conga....

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/15248099.Grandad_to_put_effigy_of_health_and_safety_officer_in_the_stocks_on_May_Day/?ref=fbshr

Is this really a serious paper or is it like the Southend News Network - it has spoof written all over it!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #19059 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 15:35:40 »

Southend News network is satire
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #19060 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 16:56:53 »

Southend News network is satire

I know that, but the story I linked to looks like a real newspaper site but reads like pure satire....
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #19061 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 17:08:47 »

I know that, but the story I linked to looks like a real newspaper site but reads like pure satire....

I think they got the Sun to actually print/put a story online about a young baby in a cow outfit being thrown out of a vegan restaurant

This google search returns the story but unfortunatly the sun worked it out and deleted it

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=child+in+cow+outfit+thrown+out+of+vegan+restaurant&oq=child+in+cow+outfit+thrown+out+of+vegan+restaurant&aqs=chrome..69i57.10855j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=child+in+cow+outfit+thrown+out+of+vegan+restaurant+the+sun

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #19062 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 17:35:30 »

Or did he have a Golden Retriever?  Wink

No

Was he pissed?

Yes Cheesy

No mysteries here folks  Smiley

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19063 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 18:11:56 »

Somerset 22-5 for chasing 290 v money bags Surrey in a 50 overs comp, win with 6 overs to spare, Van der Merwe in at 7, 165 n.o. Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #19064 on: Friday, April 28, 2017, 19:22:42 »

Somerset 22-5 for chasing 290 v money bags Surrey in a 50 overs comp, win with 6 overs to spare, Van der Merwe in at 7, 165 n.o. Smiley

150th List A game, had never made a ton before, good time to start that. Unbelievable innings... I know what I'll be trying to do tomorrow now.
Pages: 1 ... 1268 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 1274 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: