Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 1211 [1212] 1213 1214 1215 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4553936 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18165 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 13:19:56 »

I went to the Currywurst Museum in Berlin earlier this year which was every bit as shit as it should have been. So bad it was good - though getting a bit pissed beforehand was a masterstroke.

A museum, dedicated to Currywurst. That's er, well, I suppose you didn't have to book in advance1
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #18166 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 13:36:12 »

A museum, dedicated to Currywurst. That's er, well, I suppose you didn't have to book in advance1
that is the wurst idea I have ever come across.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18167 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 13:51:29 »

Southport has a Lawnmower museum which despite growing up in the town I have never visited. True story!
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #18168 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 13:58:55 »

Cant beat a good sausage, don't mind Polish sausages but my faves are German Wursts, currywurst are nice but I love a smoked pork sausage with cheese in, a German speciality that you can usually get at the German Christmas markets all over the country (UK) at the Christmas markets, fantastic with just ketchup and mustard on in a long roll...mmmm.

Off to Southampton Christmas market next Saturday so will sample on there again.

You need to get over to New Braunfels in Texas, near San Antonio. Currently preparing for Wurstfest, Nov 5th. You can hear ads for it on a great radio station (if you like Americana music) on KNBT, who are themselves running the 'best wurst tailgate party'. www.knbt.com
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18169 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 14:04:36 »

Southport has a Lawnmower museum which despite growing up in the town I have never visited. True story!

Keswick has a pencil museum, I have been once and did the whole museum, including introductory video in around 10 minutes!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18170 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 14:08:35 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/The-worlds-most-boring-museums/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #18171 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 14:10:02 »

Keswick has a pencil museum, I have been once and did the whole museum, including introductory video in around 10 minutes!

I guess that's 2B expected.

Sorry
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18172 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 14:13:01 »

Were you lead there? Have you erased it from your memory? Did you become a bit of a case after your visit?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #18173 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 14:19:05 »

Were you lead there? Have you erased it from your memory? Did you become a bit of a case after your visit?
I think you need to sharpen up on your puns
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18174 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 14:21:27 »

While on our way to the away game at Notts County the Friday before Christmas years ago (the one where King was reappointed after the Essex crew were ousted by Diamandis, Holt et al), myself and a mate managed to get lost in the Nottingham one way system and could not seem to get any closer to Meadow Lane, but kept coming across signs for the Nottingham Lace Museum, which has kind of piqued my curiosity ever since. That night is also the coldest I can remember my left knee ever being. Two true stories!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18175 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 14:48:24 »

Stockport Hat Museum was another high point, although thankfully in that case I had a meeting there and thus had not paid to get in...

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/leisureculture/museumsandgalleries/hatworks/
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #18176 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 14:54:34 »

A visit to the Museum of Wigan Life lost out to a few beers in the pub last season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18177 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 14:59:25 »

A visit to the Museum of Wigan Life lost out to a few beers in the pub last season.

Ha - I have been there as well, although again it was a meeting so no entry fee was paid!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #18178 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 15:00:51 »

Stockport Hat Museum was another high point, although thankfully in that case I had a meeting there and thus had not paid to get in...

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/leisureculture/museumsandgalleries/hatworks/

Just out of interest, have you ever been to the Laurel and Hardy museum in Ulverston?

Thinking of doing the Cumbria Way walk one day and big Laurel & Hardy fan so interested to know what the museum is like.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18179 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 15:04:33 »

Just out of interest, have you ever been to the Laurel and Hardy museum in Ulverston?

Thinking of doing the Cumbria Way walk one day and big Laurel & Hardy fan so interested to know what the museum is like.

Nope but probably will in the next couple of years as its only a few miles away - I will let you know.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 1211 [1212] 1213 1214 1215 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: