Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 1214 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4553833 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18150 on: Thursday, November 3, 2016, 23:12:43 »

Did I mention I had a German gran ? It's her fault rest her soul.
Yeah, yeah you were only following orders. Don't blame Gran, take some fucking responsibility for your own wrong-doing, you curry ketchup munching scoundrel.

I quite like Branston on mine, FWIW
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18151 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 01:15:04 »

God no, Cauldron are OK, Tesco Meat Free Lincolnshire also, Linda's come a way down the list, very dry, they're a bit retro really - state of the art veggie sausages in the 80s

No mention of Quorn.... recently sold to a Philipino concern for half a billion £. The Philipines have an interesting new president, Rodrigo Duterte, gets the popular vote for his policy of extra judicial execution of drug dealers and criminals. Apparently even Uncle Sam is getting a bit twitchy, about the numbers slaughtered by the products of their arms sales.

Possible Brexit business opportunity...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18152 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 08:20:52 »

No mention of Quorn.... recently sold to a Philipino concern for half a billion £. The Philipines have an interesting new president, Rodrigo Duterte, gets the popular vote for his policy of extra judicial execution of drug dealers and criminals. Apparently even Uncle Sam is getting a bit twitchy, about the numbers slaughtered by the products of their arms sales.
Fucking hell, Reg, that's a segue even for you Smiley
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #18153 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:12:45 »

Mmmm, Sausages. It depends how I'm eating them really. If its in a fry up then it has to be proper sausages from a butchers, the fat ones that shrink a little and get really plump.
These are no good for a sandwich though because they get to short and you are left with a lot of bread void of sausage. For a sausage sandwich it has to be your run of the mill supermarket ones. not economy ones but not taste the difference one. They keep their shape and give you a good bread coverage.

I love a good polish kielbasa (ooh er), grilled on an open fire with some mustard, can't beat it. A close second is the bratwursts. I experienced my first currywurst earlier this year when in Munich which was phenomenal.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #18154 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:14:26 »

Mmmm, Sausages. It depends how I'm eating them really. If its in a fry up then it has to be proper sausages from a butchers, the fat ones that shrink a little and get really plump.
These are no good for a sandwich though because they get to short and you are left with a lot of bread void of sausage. For a sausage sandwich it has to be your run of the mill supermarket ones. not economy ones but not taste the difference one. They keep their shape and give you a good bread coverage.

I love a good polish kielbasa (ooh er), grilled on an open fire with some mustard, can't beat it. A close second is the bratwursts. I experienced my first currywurst earlier this year when in Munich which was phenomenal.

Never read such a descriptive post on sausages.

I love a bratty, though.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18155 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:19:49 »

I went to the Currywurst Museum in Berlin earlier this year which was every bit as shit as it should have been. So bad it was good - though getting a bit pissed beforehand was a masterstroke.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18156 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:20:03 »

Cant beat a good sausage, don't mind Polish sausages but my faves are German Wursts, currywurst are nice but I love a smoked pork sausage with cheese in, a German speciality that you can usually get at the German Christmas markets all over the country (UK) at the Christmas markets, fantastic with just ketchup and mustard on in a long roll...mmmm.

Off to Southampton Christmas market next Saturday so will sample on there again.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:21:54 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #18157 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:25:46 »

Cant beat a good sausage, don't mind Polish sausages but my faves are German Wursts, currywurst are nice but I love a smoked pork sausage with cheese in, a German speciality that you can usually get at the German Christmas markets all over the country (UK) at the Christmas markets, fantastic with just ketchup and mustard on in a long roll...mmmm.

Off to Southampton Christmas market next Saturday so will sample on there again.

Love the Southampton Christmas market!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18158 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:27:27 »

Why cant someone produce a sausage, shaped so the fucker doesn't always roll onto the wrong side when you're cooking it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18159 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:31:07 »

Love the Southampton Christmas market!
We are going on the opening day next Saturday for the wifes birthday, we usually do Bournemouth and Exeter but this is the first time we have done the Southampton one.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #18160 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 09:31:59 »

We are going on the opening day next Saturday for the wifes birthday, we usually do Bournemouth and Exeter but this is the first time we have done the Southampton one.

It's decent there.. Rach & I normally go first week of December.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18161 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 10:17:33 »

Why cant someone produce a sausage, shaped so the fucker doesn't always roll onto the wrong side when you're cooking it.

Scottish square/Lorne sausage is your friend.

I don't think there is any coincidence that the wurst is spelled as it is, given its at the bottom of the sausage food tables, in my eyes.

Can I throw in Chorizo? Love the tapas where its sliced and drowned in red wine.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18162 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 10:27:53 »

Oi Oi Saveloy!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #18163 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 11:09:53 »

Scottish square/Lorne sausage is your friend.

I don't think there is any coincidence that the wurst is spelled as it is, given its at the bottom of the sausage food tables, in my eyes.

Can I throw in Chorizo? Love the tapas where its sliced and drowned in red wine.

oh yes, pan fried chorizo, glug of red wine. Amazing.

As we are moving onto the dried cured sausage variety, I would like to add Kabanos. I'm not being bias towards Poland of anything like that but they do know how to produce goos sausages and meat based snacks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18164 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 13:19:03 »

I would like to add Kabanos.

Seconded!
Pages: 1 ... 1208 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 1214 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: