Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 1159 [1160] 1161 1162 1163 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4547872 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17385 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 10:08:02 »

Actual match reports in their entirety from the local team here. No beating around the bush.

Abbey Rangers 1 Banstead Athletic 0
CCL First Division
Again we shouldn't have lost this one. Even the home side commented that they were lucky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dorking Wanderers Reserves 0 Banstead Athletic 3
CCL First Division

This was DWR's home fixture but it was played at Merland Rise. The scoreline doesn't tell the whole story. DWR scored two own goals and we scored from a penalty taken by Rob Hill. Another three points but too late to make a difference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CB Hounslow Utd 2 Banstead Athletic 0
CCL First Division
This was a game we really shouldn't have lost. We again had chances but were off the target when well placed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banstead Athletic 0 Dorking Wanderers Reserves 1
CCL First Division
We again found it difficult to score even though we had the best of the chances in this match. Time after time we were in good positions to score but their keeper kept us out.
They scored on seventy eight minutes and took the points.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17386 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 10:26:31 »

Actual match reports in their entirety from the local team here. No beating around the bush.

Abbey Rangers 1 Banstead Athletic 0
CCL First Division
Again we shouldn't have lost this one. Even the home side commented that they were lucky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dorking Wanderers Reserves 0 Banstead Athletic 3
CCL First Division

This was DWR's home fixture but it was played at Merland Rise. The scoreline doesn't tell the whole story. DWR scored two own goals and we scored from a penalty taken by Rob Hill. Another three points but too late to make a difference.

CB Hounslow Utd 2 Banstead Athletic 0
CCL First Division
This was a game we really shouldn't have lost. We again had chances but were off the target when well placed.

Banstead Athletic 0 Dorking Wanderers Reserves 1
CCL First Division
We again found it difficult to score even though we had the best of the chances in this match. Time after time we were in good positions to score but their keeper kept us out.
They scored on seventy eight minutes and took the points.

Scarily better written and more accurate than the Advertiser!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #17387 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 10:40:41 »

Platini losing his appeal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36245660

Hopefully the slimy piece of shit will now fuck off. Considering the comments of the panel, and that they are desperately trying to clean up the sport at the moment, I'm surprised they reduced his ban though. He, and Blatter, should be banned for life.

However, the panel was damning of Platini, saying his "behaviour was not ethical or loyal".

It found his dealings with Blatter had breached the ethics code of world governing body Fifa, and while his six-year ban was "too severe", it decided a four-year punishment should be handed down - the equivalent to a presidential term in office.

"The Cas panel was of the opinion that a severe sanction could be justified in view of the superior functions carried out by Mr Platini (Fifa vice-president and Uefa president), the absence of any repentance and the impact that this matter has had on Fifa's reputation," it said
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17388 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 10:50:44 »

I find and have found it very hard to think anything about major figures and corruption. They are usually outed or judged by someone more corrupt and power hungry, same goes for pretty much every large body or organisation. The only way to get in the trough, is to squeal on an easy piggy, and snort as much as you can until you're the little pig shoved out, by then your pockets?? are full and you don't care about a stupid sacking/retirement through ill health/or ban.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #17389 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 15:16:14 »

The fact that the whole super injunction thing has come down to this now http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36248405
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #17390 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 15:23:37 »

Platini losing his appeal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36245660

Hopefully the slimy piece of shit will now fuck off. Considering the comments of the panel, and that they are desperately trying to clean up the sport at the moment, I'm surprised they reduced his ban though. He, and Blatter, should be banned for life.

When he says he will resign does he mean in the manner we all know or a Blatter resignation? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36245660
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17391 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 19:38:23 »

Mark Schwarzer asked about the much vaunted Leicester dressing room spirit....nobody speaks to each other, they're all on their phones  Smiley
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17392 on: Monday, May 9, 2016, 22:19:32 »

"Things you learn when you might be dying of cancer in your 20s"
Obviously not trivial, but definitely uplifting. And if you have experience of it pretty resonant, especially the last one.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/965cfc97-2d08-437e-bf2e-9195b86540d9

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #17393 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 13:34:07 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-36254254
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17394 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 14:03:42 »

"Things you learn when you might be dying of cancer in your 20s"
Obviously not trivial, but definitely uplifting. And if you have experience of it pretty resonant, especially the last one.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/965cfc97-2d08-437e-bf2e-9195b86540d9
Being in my current predicament I can relate to this (altho I havent needed any chemo yet I have a lot of friends that have/are having it).

By the way I haven't been offered any free drinks at any pub yet Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #17395 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 16:13:16 »

Next time Im in a pub with you Ill buy you a shandy.  May be old road tavern over Wil's comedy fest?  If he ever announces the lineup!

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17396 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 16:26:10 »

Next time Im in a pub with you Ill buy you a shandy.  May be old road tavern over Wil's comedy fest?  If he ever announces the lineup!
Will do mate Smiley there is one every month still, usually the last Thursday in every month.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17397 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 16:34:31 »

Being in my current predicament I can relate to this (altho I havent needed any chemo yet I have a lot of friends that have/are having it).

By the way I haven't been offered any free drinks at any pub yet Wink

Sorry you're going through that mate. I'm not a sufferer myself but 4 close family members are/were (and 2 close friends), and I have the gene. It's been a huge eye opener to see people so close be diagnosed, mainly because you notice the disparity between sufferers and the people who care about them. My Dad for example has had this whole "whatever happens will happen" attitude since his diagnosis while the rest of us have been worried sick at every corner. People just assume that "cancer sufferers" are one whole group with exactly the same illness/prognosis/whatever and it's only by witnessing it first hand I've noticed how patronising people can be, even if they mean well.

That was a bit of a ramble.. Anyway, best wishes to you (hopefully without any of the patronising nature I just mentioned) I think you should show that article to every bartender.  Smiley

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17398 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 16:34:50 »

And anyway I still owe you a pint! Smiley

Peter Venkman

« Reply #17399 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 16:37:11 »

Sorry you're going through that mate. I'm not a sufferer myself but 4 close family members are/were (and 2 close friends), and I have the gene. It's been a huge eye opener to see people so close be diagnosed, mainly because you notice the disparity between sufferers and the people who care about them. My Dad for example has had this whole "whatever happens will happen" attitude since his diagnosis while the rest of us have been worried sick at every corner. People just assume that "cancer sufferers" are one whole group with exactly the same illness/prognosis/whatever and it's only by witnessing it first hand I've noticed how patronising people can be, even if they mean well.

That was a bit of a ramble.. Anyway, best wishes to you (hopefully without any of the patronising nature I just mentioned) I think you should show that article to every bartender.  Smiley
Thank you Smiley I try not to moan too much and just get on with it, people have their own problems, got the next operation for it in 2 days so liquid diet again for 6 weeks, fed up with it now but I guess if it works its all good.

Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 1159 [1160] 1161 1162 1163 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: