Pages: 1 ... 1146 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 1152 ... 1938   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4664887 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #17220 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 22:20:05 »

You're just on a rebound since Alan dumped you!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17221 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 22:26:38 »

You're just on a rebound since Alan dumped you!

Thanks for bringing up that painful memory  Sad

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17222 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 22:28:52 »

Don't learn Norwegian, it's a useless language
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17223 on: Saturday, April 9, 2016, 22:34:11 »

Don't learn Norwegian, it's a useless language

I am fairly proficient in Welsh...

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #17224 on: Sunday, April 10, 2016, 18:56:10 »

I am fairly proficient in Welsh...

Another useless language   Cheesy
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17225 on: Sunday, April 10, 2016, 19:41:27 »

Another useless language   Cheesy

That was my point Cheesy

I don't seem to be good at anything useful! But if you need to speak in another language to someone who probably already speaks perfect English, I'm your gal. Also available to quiz teams for the price of a medium glass of dry white wine.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17226 on: Sunday, April 10, 2016, 20:06:33 »

That was my point Cheesy

I don't seem to be good at anything useful! But if you need to speak in another language to someone who probably already speaks perfect English, I'm your gal. Also available to quiz teams for the price of a medium glass of dry white wine.

But are you any good in the quiz teams?  The quiz scene in South Wales is quite strong....been to many around Newport down the years, events in the CIU club in Bettws always fun. The police station in Bettws is covered in wire and plate, the like of which I've only ever seen in Belfast in the UK.

Bettws made the news in the Torygraph a few years ago, as none of its near 10,000 eligible voters, bothered to turn up for the police commisioner vote  Smiley
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17227 on: Sunday, April 10, 2016, 21:28:17 »

But are you any good in the quiz teams?  The quiz scene in South Wales is quite strong....been to many around Newport down the years, events in the CIU club in Bettws always fun. The police station in Bettws is covered in wire and plate, the like of which I've only ever seen in Belfast in the UK.

Bettws made the news in the Torygraph a few years ago, as none of its near 10,000 eligible voters, bothered to turn up for the police commisioner vote  Smiley

I've been to many quizzes over the years - a few attended by a later Mastermind winner and finalist from that "will you be an egghead" or whatever. He'd sit either on his own or with one other guy, with a glass of small coke that would last him 2 hours. I'm afraid I won't accept that as a reasonable way to do a pub quiz. I want wine, a few of my mates, and a bit of a laugh.

We won tonight though Smiley

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17228 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 08:24:59 »

It's loads more fun entering pub quiz with hilarious names and with ridiculous answers so whoever gets to mark your quiz has a good laugh.  Pint
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #17229 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 17:09:10 »

Possibly should be in the "Lets get Political" thread, but Dennis Skinner getting thrown out of Parliament for the day for
referring to our glorious leader as "Dodgy Dave" did make me smile.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17230 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 17:18:29 »

Possibly should be in the "Lets get Political" thread, but Dennis Skinner getting thrown out of Parliament for the day for
referring to our glorious leader as "Dodgy Dave" did make me smile.

My favourite Skinner....." 50% of Tory MP's are crooks."  Speaker: "the Hon Member will need to retract that statement" Skinner: " Ok. 50% of Tories aren't crooks.  Smiley
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17231 on: Monday, April 11, 2016, 18:34:05 »

It's loads more fun entering pub quiz with hilarious names and with ridiculous answers so whoever gets to mark your quiz has a good laugh.  Pint

Exactly! We usually argue more about team names than any of the answers. I've got a regular-ish team now though so that's been wiped out. I think anyone who goes for a cliché like "Cunning stunts" are worse than terrorists.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17232 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 08:14:43 »

Maybe a slight exaggeration.. Only slightly.

It's also fun to change the team name of the team you have to mark. Some people take it way too seriously though, in the quiz I used to go to there was the same bunch in the corner every week. Same people, same seats, same team name and they always won. We marked their paper once and changed their name to something ridiculous and also marked any answer they'd spelt slightly wrong as incorrect. Kicked off after that  Too Cool
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17233 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 14:25:38 »

I think there's a fine line between too serious and not serious enough.. At the one I usually go to you can win free booze, and the prospect of free booze is not something I take lightly. Some people do get hilariously arsey though. There was a team that used to go who'd write down their answers separately and then show each other, to avoid saying the answers out loud and having people overhear them. They never won either.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17234 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 15:02:17 »

We gave up on the quiz in our local when we discovered the team that went round all the pub quizzes in town winning and kept beating us into second, cheated when marking other teams answer sheets. We complained but when your mate is asking the question strangely complaints about you are overlooked - we just went back to drinking in there until the pub changed hands and became a chav hell hole......
Pages: 1 ... 1146 1147 1148 [1149] 1150 1151 1152 ... 1938   Go Up
Print
Jump to: