Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 1007 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4556634 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #15045 on: Monday, May 18, 2015, 22:24:33 »

deflected corner, he played for that!

primary school? which one?

Greenmeadow.

Fab way for them to finish year 6.  Chuffed to bits for Josh, especially after the rubbish start to the season he had with the Sunday football.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15046 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 06:23:54 »

nice one Jo's son. my son Alex plays for haydonleigh (lost to you 3-2) , said Greenmeadow were good and deserved it (the title) and to say well done.

I'll tell Alex to give 'the Sunday team' a good kicking next year on your behalf. he's enjoying playing out of goal BTW, played in goal for school though but was captain so that softened the blow.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #15047 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 09:40:29 »

Haydonleigh were pretty good, pulled it back to 2-2 from 2-0 down, but we got a winner right near the end. An unstoppable shot from our captain.

3 of the Greenmeadow team play for Josh's old Sunday team, so Alex will indeed come up against them.  Glad he's enjoying it on the pitch. What secondary school is he going to out of interest?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15048 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:41:54 »

Lydiard Park Academy.

Where's Josh off to?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 12:44:56 by Batch » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #15049 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 13:16:36 »

Lydiard Park Academy.

Where's Josh off to?

A couple of Josh's football friends who live in Abbey Meads put that as first choice, but didn't get it.

Josh is going to Nova Hreod.  Other than his best friend who's going to Warneford, all of his close school friends are going there which was a major factor.  They seem to be on the way to turning things round there, although are upsetting alot of parents in the process with the new rules and uniform!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15050 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 14:24:57 »

nova is our local school. But Alex wanted to go to lydiard and we had no objections but we must have been right on the cutoff because a girl about 1/4 mile away as the crow flies didn't get in.

if the head of nova delivers half of what he said it should be good.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15051 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 14:46:44 »

Ooh big school....scary stuff, a veritable minefield to navigate your kids through. 

UK ranks somewhere like 23rd on the list of developed countries for educational achievement.....which is why the ruling classes send their kids into fee paying education.

A recent study reckoned the cost to the economy of the 20% or so of our young people who fail to achieve, costs the economy something like 2 trillion GBP, fuck knows how they worked that out mind.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15052 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 15:25:52 »

A recent study reckoned the cost to the economy of the 20% or so of our young people who fail to achieve, costs the economy something like 2 trillion GBP, fuck knows how they worked that out mind.
They got some kid who'd just failed GCSE Economics to do it Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15053 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 15:44:26 »

They got some kid who'd just failed GCSE Economics to do it Smiley

Could well be....a lack of any academic qualification in Economics would be something he shares with George Osborne.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #15054 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 16:38:15 »

this is in no way blowing my own trumpet but we have just got back from a week in porto santo and the amount of compliments we got about our little boy and our parenting with him was really nice.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #15055 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 16:38:30 »

Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #15056 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 19:10:20 »

We had three choices for our DNA/Pension fund... RWB Acc, LPA, Braden Forest. We went to all three last year in that order. Our preference was RWB, BF, we did not even put LPA on the list. RWB ticked all the boxes and some, which may have numbed our perception of LPA and we were really disappointed and totally underwhelmed so we left after 30 minutes. BF has a new head who is clearly kicking the shit out of the dross he's inherited (my two nephews go there so we have the warts and all of what has gone before) but he is starting from a low base and his presentation was more like a timeshare sales pitch. That said if our choice was in two/three years time it should be a harder choice but that's conjecture on my part. Interestingly it has only been fairly recently that we know the other kids from our child's class who are going to RWB and they appear to be among though not exclusively the brighter ones. Our child needs more one to one in maths so we have just enrolled with a highly recommended maths tutor to help going forward, time will tell I suppose. It could be the £500 per year bus fare that could have put some off RWB and I'd understand that with two or more kids in quick succession going up to secondary ed. Like all rents we just hope we have made the right choice.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15057 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 19:28:29 »

Drove through oxford today and a chap was walking up the high street in a town shirt.

Shouted allez allez oh out the window to him and got a thumbs up Cool
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #15058 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 19:31:44 »

Drove through oxford today and a chap was walking up the high street in a town shirt.

Shouted allez allez oh out the window to him and got a thumbs up Cool

Not Worthy
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #15059 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2015, 19:32:00 »

There's almost too much choice now.  When I went to secondary school, you just went to your nearest one, although I do remember a few kids going to Ridgeway which at the time was the 'best'.

Another factor is us choosing Hreod was due to their SENCO dept, as Josh has some additional learning needs.  The SENCOs at Isambard and Bradon Forest didn't fill me with a great deal of confidence when they couldn't answer fairly basic questions about support, so we ruled out sending him there.

I also hope we've made the right choice.  It will be interesting to see how they results differ for this year under the new Head and leadership team.  Can't be any worse than last year!
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 1003 [1004] 1005 1006 1007 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: