Pages: 1 ... 966 967 968 [969] 970 971 972 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4535126 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14520 on: Thursday, January 29, 2015, 20:49:29 »

Oh right, I thought rule was only for loans not perm recruits. How odd.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14521 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 08:16:35 »

I went to the City game last night.. This may come back to bite me but we are much, much better than they are. They rely on individual performances far too much. JET & Freeman are both quality but when they aren't running with the ball they are absolutely clueless and resort to lumping it. Their main tactic was to smash the ball to Smith and hope for the best. Its paid off for them so far but tactically they aren't good at all. Gillingham started bossing the middle (and they were shite) and City had no answer. They do have some tidy players though and it will probably be enough to see them up.

Their fans were absolutely terrible. Flint, whilst still mustard in the air, is useless with the ball at his feet and was often bailed out by the other 2 CB's. Watching the game it looked like two teams we can beat comfortably.
kerry red

« Reply #14522 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:10:47 »

TBF I think all these games are catching up with them. When tired, mentally as well as physically, it is easier to just lump the ball - they weren't doing that earlier in the season.

Cotterill may be reverting to his previous hoof ball merchant stance. If Matt Smith doesn't score they will struggle.

Look out for a surprise result against Fleetwood
Flashheart

« Reply #14523 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:14:22 »

But it won't be a surprise if we're looking out for it  Wink
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14524 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:41:53 »

TBF I think all these games are catching up with them. When tired, mentally as well as physically, it is easier to just lump the ball - they weren't doing that earlier in the season.

Cotterill may be reverting to his previous hoof ball merchant stance. If Matt Smith doesn't score they will struggle.

They did play a few neat one two's and for a good 15 minutes they took advantage of the ridiculous amount of space Gillingham gave them but too often it was hit it high for Smith or just give it to Freeman to try and create something.

That JET is a monster though. Watching the Gills players bounce off him was embarrasing at times.

Onto Gills, we should really beat them comfortably. Their striker McDonald is handy, and Bradley Dack in the middle was decent but they are terrible. Defensively all over the place and a bit clueless going forward. I guess City fans will say it was already job done from the first leg but I'd be alarmed at the performance last night if I were them.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14525 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:54:48 »

You forget that they were all over us in the game at the CG, and if they had not had a player sent off after 3 minutes they would have beaten us about 8-0  Yes
kerry red

« Reply #14526 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:57:14 »

There is that. I had forgotten just what dirty, cheating bastards we are
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14527 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 10:10:20 »

You forget that they were all over us in the game at the CG, and if they had not had a player sent off after 3 minutes they would have beaten us about 8-0  Yes

One thing I noticed from last night, they go over just as easy as we do. They also love a flying challenge.

They can be as pissy as they want about that, but lets face it, their gameplan was to wind us up and try and hurt us and it backfired massively.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #14528 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:11:28 »

From what Im reading they should have had freeman sent off for violent conduct as well.  Obviously I wasnt there and I cant believe it because the boys are an honest hard working nice bunch.  Cockeril say so so it must be true.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14529 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:15:11 »

From what Im reading they should have had freeman sent off for violent conduct as well.  Obviously I wasnt there and I cant believe it because the boys are an honest hard working nice bunch.  Cockeril say so so it must be true.
The 82ers aren't a dirty or moany or cheaty team, because thats what we do, they didn't break 2 goalkeepers arms the other week at Scunny either, they win games fairly and squarely always and are like angels.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #14530 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:23:27 »

Yeah thats what Ive heard.  They also just play for the love of football.  They're not interested in money its just about the joy and beauty of football.

Never knowingly overstated.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #14531 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:39:03 »

I heard they all adopted cats from the local cat sanctuary. Cotteril's one is called Mrs Mittens.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #14532 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:58:16 »

The problem with teams at Ashton Gate is that they always pump weak/hopeful crosses in to the box and they're almost always easily sorted out by Flint (who has improved a lot in most areas but is still shaky with the ball at his feet). They look much more vulnerable when you run at them.

They look most threatening in the first 20-30 minutes but derbies/grudge matches throw the norm/logic out of the window.

April will win League One for whoever comes out of it unscathed. Town just have to stay fit and keep doing their thing.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #14533 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:06:46 »

The 82ers aren't a dirty or moany or cheaty team, because thats what we do, they didn't break 2 goalkeepers arms the other week at Scunny either, they win games fairly and squarely always and are like angels.

They do talk funny though.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #14534 on: Friday, January 30, 2015, 16:02:24 »

As previously mentioned I have just started work a a traffic warden ( boo hiss cunt etc) not in the Swindon area btw, anyway I gave a ticket to a car with several Oxford stickers on it today, which made me smile.

Pages: 1 ... 966 967 968 [969] 970 971 972 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: