Pages: 1 ... 944 945 946 [947] 948 949 950 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518862 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #14190 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 15:59:22 »

On New Year's Eve every German household watches the one act play "Dinner for One", the 1962 black and white version featuring Freddie Frinton, filmed in English in a German TV studio. Possibly more than once, as it's shown on several different channels at different times. The phrase "same procedure every year" is known and used by a large percentage of Germans, who are amazed that the play is virtually unknown in Britain.

I shall no doubt be watching it again next week, same as every year...

Enjoy

That's brilliant!  I'd never even heard of it.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #14191 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 18:16:12 »

Just got back from my 14 year old boys annual christmas get together for his Sunday football team.

Even though they are all at the age where they are full of hormones and attitude, they are a bunch of lads who all get on, even though they go to a lot of different schools, and it was great to watch them have a few games of killer skittles, do a quiz and overdose on cola and chicken nuggets.

Parents had all contributed raffle prizes, so another couple of hundred quid raised towards next summer's tour in Germany. They played in France last year and Holland the year before that.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14192 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 18:18:06 »

This weekend I have been to see reindeer, slid down slides, played in a ball pool, met Santa twice, ridden on a steam train (including climbing on the footplate ), ridden on a miniature railway, been out to see Christmas lights in the dark and finally eaten various chocolate cakes and coffee!

Having a kid is fantastic fun!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #14193 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 21:46:28 »

Had the worse few days recently, my mum had a brain tumor removed and there were some post surgery complications, but seeing her recover over the past 24 hours has made me much happier and have been told she should be homes for xmas which is amazing....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14194 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 21:53:51 »

Had the worse few days recently, my mum had a brain tumor removed and there were some post surgery complications, but seeing her recover over the past 24 hours has made me much happier and have been told she should be homes for xmas which is amazing....

Good stuff - really pleased for you!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14195 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 10:05:37 »

Thats bloody great news, heres hoping for a fantastic recovery for her and the relief for you so that you can enjoy Christmas.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14196 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 10:08:50 »

Really happy to read that Chubbs, have a great Xmas with her Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #14197 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 12:07:56 »

My wife booked us tickets to see John Cleese at Colston Hall last night as an early birthday present, and we anticipated he would be telling jokes, anecdotes etc for the evening. So when we were seated, lights went down and Steve Coogan appeared on stage to interview him for the evening I'm not ashamed to admit I had a bit of a lob on. After the intermission they let the audience ask questions, which wasn't brilliantly orchestrated but nonetheless prompted some good stories.

Everyone walked away with a free copy of his book too, which was a nice bonus.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14198 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 12:10:10 »

Did Coogan interview him as Alan Partridge or properly? The former could have been terrific.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #14199 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 12:35:19 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/cristiano-ronaldo-suitably-impressed-by-the-bronze-statue-of-himself-erected-in-his-hometown-9939500.html

As the text coyly infers, there appears to be an elephant in the room. Well, the trunk anyway...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #14200 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 12:45:46 »

Did Coogan interview him as Alan Partridge or properly? The former could have been terrific.

The latter, sadly. His constant stammering and falling over his own words did grate a bit after a while, wasn't quite what I expected from him.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14201 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 13:18:44 »

Still sounds pretty good, if not self assured.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #14202 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 13:25:45 »

Finally finished my Mental Health training course...

I promised myself I'd do it by Christmas, was certainly cutting it fine though!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #14203 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 13:41:37 »

Still sounds pretty good, if not self assured.

Very much so, still a cracking birthday present!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #14204 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 13:44:11 »

First pain free run since October 12th, only tried 3 mind. You'd think not running for two months would make it hard.

You'd be right.
Pages: 1 ... 944 945 946 [947] 948 949 950 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: