Pages: 1 ... 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 ... 1947   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4783222 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #12000 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 20:00:38 »

Agreed.

Likewise.

Archetypal armchair pretend football fans.  Fans of SKY FOOTBALL not real football.  

This. Perfect summation of them. I know quite a few Man U fans, most have yet to attend a game, hate Liverpool and feign pain when they lose.

They've got no idea what it's like to be a football fan and I'm slightly insulted by the fact they call themselves fans. Sofa dwelling glory boys of the Murdoch Church.

Ignore
« Reply #12001 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 20:30:30 »

Hmm, most of the ones I've seen doing the rounds on fb today seem to be photoshopped fakes done by Liverpool fans. Doesn't mean there won't be plenty of melting plastic in the badlands of Surrey, but even they're not stupid enough to declare how plastic they are. Surely?
I based my view on what I heard in the radio. Aint seen the pics
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #12002 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 20:48:31 »

Likewise.

This. Perfect summation of them. I know quite a few Man U fans, most have yet to attend a game, hate Liverpool and feign pain when they lose.

They've got no idea what it's like to be a football fan and I'm slightly insulted by the fact they call themselves fans. Sofa dwelling glory boys of the Murdoch Church.

Let's fucking burn them.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12003 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 20:58:33 »

I don't really understand why people get so riled about armchair supporters. Their enjoyment of Football doesn't detract from mine, let 'em do what they want

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12004 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:02:33 »

When it comes to ManUre Plastics, I think religion isn't a bad analogy...insofar as they'll apparently take anybody into their fold, more or less no questions asked, all you need to do is buy a bit of shoddy merchandise and you're in. It's always struck me that your average Plastic, is an individual with something lacking in their life or someone experiencing difficulties and being able to sign up to the "church" provides some meaning.

TBF, when you see a modern day gathering of ManUre "fans" on a motorway, in a pub or any you meet out and about, thye are  a strange bunch.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:04:43 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
DMR

« Reply #12005 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:07:03 »

I don't really understand why people get so riled about armchair supporters. Their enjoyment of Football doesn't detract from mine, let 'em do what they want

Agree with this.

Football fan snobbery is one of the shittier things about this sport.
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12006 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:15:07 »

Agree with this.

Football fan snobbery is one of the shittier things about this sport.

That's the point though Dave, a lot of the armchair fans support a successful club usually for the same "my team are better than yours " type philosophy. Snobbery.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12007 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:18:38 »

My dislike of Man U fans - completely irrational, I'll agree - stemmed from an article I read in WSC or another similar publication shortly after Cantona had tried to rearrange John Moncur's intestines with his boot.  The article, which today remains just about the most ill-informed, bile-laden pile of shite I've had the misfortune to read, was written by a Man U fan and took issue with our fans for daring to lay in to his idol.  The gist was that none of our players were fit to lace Cantona's boots and that our fans were all village idiots who had ideas well above their station in criticising the big man.

I'm rambling.  I wish I had a link to the article, but I doubt one exists it's so old.  Annoyed the hell out of me though.

Ignore
« Reply #12008 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:18:59 »

I don't give a flying fuck who people support. It's them ditching their team when they stop winning I find daft.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12009 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:21:54 »

Or when a manager is employed that they don't like  Smiley
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12010 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:32:12 »

My dislike of Man U fans - completely irrational, I'll agree - stemmed from an article I read in WSC or another similar publication shortly after Cantona had tried to rearrange John Moncur's intestines with his boot.  The article, which today remains just about the most ill-informed, bile-laden pile of shite I've had the misfortune to read, was written by a Man U fan and took issue with our fans for daring to lay in to his idol.  The gist was that none of our players were fit to lace Cantona's boots and that our fans were all village idiots who had ideas well above their station in criticising the big man.

I'm rambling.  I wish I had a link to the article, but I doubt one exists it's so old.  Annoyed the hell out of me though.

That was some match.  We should have won.  Its where my hatred of united came from.  Cantonas look whilst he stamped on Moncur like he was a piece of shit on his boot, Hughes's over exuberance pushing the fans in the shrivvy who were knocking the ball about, Keane ranting at the ref about Nijholts tough tackling in midfield as if he was a fucking angel all game, the general arrogance of pampered cocks with massive opinions of themselves.  It was the point where I started to hate what football was becoming.   

Never knowingly overstated.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12011 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:37:32 »

Hughes took a slap though, that's what he was moaning about
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12012 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:38:12 »

Barely touched his perm the big jessie.

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12013 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:41:47 »

I was on the bank, it was great to see them losing their cool because they weren't hammering Swindon
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #12014 on: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 21:45:43 »

Certainly lost their cool.  Dirtying themselves in little old Swindon.

Pages: 1 ... 798 799 800 [801] 802 803 804 ... 1947   Go Up
Print
Jump to: