Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can't find the other train thread  (Read 3523 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 17:32:47 »

I remember being sold an off peak ticket from Southampton to Swindon once and was told as long as I took the next train and first connection in Reading I would be within the right time.

Trouble was when the inspector took my ticket on the first train he told me my connection at Reading would be at peak time. Given the fact I had no other money (being a student) I had to wait at Reading for 3 hours.

What the ticket office people tell you and what happens are two different things. The ticketing system is just as confusing to the staff as the customers.
rich

« Reply #31 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 20:00:17 »

fair point, but to be honest i didnt even mention group savers etc, i just asked for 5 returns including underground. thats the price she said, and i asked if it was ok to go anytime etc and she said yes as long as it stops at didcot. id understand if i had asked for the group saver, but ive simply asked for tickets i can use anytime that day and this is what she has sold me, as far as they know i have never heard of groupsaver before.

anyway, what route are most people planning once they get to paddington? as theres a few stations around wembley?

one which looks alright is paddington - marylebone then marylebone - wembley stadium station?
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 21:38:22 »

anyway, what route are most people planning once they get to paddington? as theres a few stations around wembley?

one which looks alright is paddington - marylebone then marylebone - wembley stadium station?

I'll be heading to wembley park simply because I want to walk up wembley way but it'll mean sharing the metropolitan and jubilee lines with the whole of south London.

I could of course try and 'take' the jubilee line.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: