Pages: 1 ... 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5089022 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #3915 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 15:13:03 »

Somewhere with a dysfunctional toilet - I'm not sure it's as amazing as you seem to think.

I thought maybe he was a pilot ?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3916 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 16:14:06 »

where the hell do you work ??

Cabin crew for Virgin Atlantic.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3917 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 16:58:24 »

Women

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #3918 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 19:03:25 »

Kevin James.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Barry Scott

« Reply #3919 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 19:36:57 »

Kevin James.

Fuck you, he's ace. In an annoyingly over-acted American way. Cheesy (I love The King of Queens!)
Dazzza

« Reply #3920 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 19:47:53 »

He also said that the train crash in China was nothing in comparison to a Subway Meatball Marinara.

There's either a slightly racist or very poor taste joke in there somewhere.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3921 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 20:21:34 »

Kevin James.

I hate the one that played for us.

Total cunt he was
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #3922 on: Thursday, July 28, 2011, 21:08:42 »

Fuck you, he's ace. In an annoyingly over-acted American way. Cheesy (I love The King of Queens!)
Cheesy He's ok in that... but I was making up Zookeeper earlier, so I guess my gripe is with him starring in what is essentially Night At The Museum with live animals.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #3923 on: Friday, July 29, 2011, 07:34:42 »

No web access for a week while we are on holiday in Pembrokeshire next week.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3924 on: Friday, July 29, 2011, 07:46:49 »

Not really sure if this is the right thread for this, but I've been thinking this for a very long time.

The Generation Poorer than their Parents

The younger generation is being shafted, and hasn't quite found its voice yet.  For me, this passage highlights part of the problem very well:

There are also some signs of sympathy among the baby boomer generation. Angus Hanton, a baby boomer himself, has founded a new think-tank called The Intergenerational Foundation to lobby for fairness between the generations. He sees clear culpability on the part of his older peers.

"Let's take my own house [which] I bought 16 years ago for £160,000. It's in south-east London. It's now worth about £1.15m. So I've gained a million pound windfall to which I do not feel entitled, and that windfall, at the moment, is tax-free. Were I to sell [the house], there's no tax on that gain. It may appear very lucky for me, but the reality is when I sell, it will probably be to a younger person who'll be getting a mortgage and spending most of their working life paying off that windfall which went to me. I don't think that's fair."
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #3925 on: Friday, July 29, 2011, 07:49:33 »

Not really sure if this is the right thread for this, but I've been thinking this for a very long time.

The Generation Poorer than their Parents

The younger generation is being shafted, and hasn't quite found its voice yet.  For me, this passage highlights part of the problem very well:

There are also some signs of sympathy among the baby boomer generation. Angus Hanton, a baby boomer himself, has founded a new think-tank called The Intergenerational Foundation to lobby for fairness between the generations. He sees clear culpability on the part of his older peers.

"Let's take my own house [which] I bought 16 years ago for £160,000. It's in south-east London. It's now worth about £1.15m. So I've gained a million pound windfall to which I do not feel entitled, and that windfall, at the moment, is tax-free. Were I to sell [the house], there's no tax on that gain. It may appear very lucky for me, but the reality is when I sell, it will probably be to a younger person who'll be getting a mortgage and spending most of their working life paying off that windfall which went to me. I don't think that's fair."

So they could sell it to a deserving young person for £500,000 if they feel so strongly about it.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3926 on: Friday, July 29, 2011, 07:53:24 »

HSBC fraud department decided to cancel my card. Lucky I drew money out for the weekend already.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3927 on: Friday, July 29, 2011, 07:57:36 »

I think the point is that no one will...even the guy who highlights the unfairness of it in the article.

Part of a wider problem.  If you're over 45, you will have benefitted (or at least will have the opportunity to have benefitted) from a massive, unearned, tax free increase in wealth as a result of rising property prices.  That unearned wealth will, effectively, be funded by the younger generation.  And while the older generation is enjoying its retirement, spending this unearned cash, the younger generation will be sweating it out, paying through the nose to keep a roof over their heads because of higher mortgage costs and the additional taxation they will be required to pay to fund the retirements of the older generation.  And to cap it all...the younger generation will know all along that when they get to 65, their working lives will still have several years still to run.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #3928 on: Friday, July 29, 2011, 07:58:22 »

People that steal your arm rest on the train
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3929 on: Friday, July 29, 2011, 08:03:23 »

I think the point is that no one will...even the guy who highlights the unfairness of it in the article.

Part of a wider problem.  If you're over 45, you will have benefitted (or at least will have the opportunity to have benefitted) from a massive, unearned, tax free increase in wealth as a result of rising property prices.  That unearned wealth will, effectively, be funded by the younger generation.  And while the older generation is enjoying its retirement, spending this unearned cash, the younger generation will be sweating it out, paying through the nose to keep a roof over their heads because of higher mortgage costs and the additional taxation they will be required to pay to fund the retirements of the older generation.  And to cap it all...the younger generation will know all along that when they get to 65, their working lives will still have several years still to run.

...and we'll be lucky if there's still a state pension when we get there.

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: