Pages: 1 ... 2551 2552 2553 [2554] 2555 2556 2557 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5081346 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #38295 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 14:45:54 »

What's with people (generally people in Range Rovers or BMW X5s) parking half of their cars on the pavement these days? When heading into town earlier on a road which is more than wide enough for that practice NOT to be required. Some absolute weapon had left their X5 parked on the corner forcing pedestrians into the road to avoid it. There are a lot of people on mobility scooters locally and whilst it's not necessarily a busy road, they would have been inconvenienced by it.

I suppose these bloody monstrosities that people insist on spending their hard earned on are too big for our roads these days.

Having spent a time pushing a wheelchair down footpaths partly blocked by arseholes parking on the pavement I can confirm that leaving a scratch down the side of the fuckers is quite satisfying
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38296 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 14:49:17 »

Where I live neighbours park their 2nd & 3rd cars on the pavement stopping any pedestrians passing but their excuse is they don't have anywhere else to park and it's ok to block the path because it's in a quiet area and it dosen't get much use.

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #38297 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 12:57:10 »

Lolz Jimmy you card! Tempted to give Aunt Sally a go however. The game I mean, incest for me is not a game for all the family!

I'm now JQ then 

I know this isn't something you would endorse but it's mad how the origins of that 'game' started. The frank and churlishly nonchalant nature of the slave trade really was shameless wasn't it?

And before anyone else starts, it's not necessarily about banning or cancelling what might be a fun game like many out there but it's probably important that people understand the context and origin of such stuff. Like a lot of people understand the origins of the ''Stocks'' in a market/town square - how we now throw wet sponges instead of rocks and rotten food at the local political/parish councillor {I'm sure some might be better getting mouldy tomatoes but hey ho} at similar Spring/Summer events but wonder how many are told/taught about the origins of ''Aunt Sal''? Otherwise, it surely means the churlish nonchalance will kind of rollover into another generation and continue  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38298 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 13:08:26 »

I'm now JQ then 

I know this isn't something you would endorse but it's mad how the origins of that 'game' started. The frank and churlishly nonchalant nature of the slave trade really was shameless wasn't it?

And before anyone else starts, it's not necessarily about banning or cancelling what might be a fun game like many out there but it's probably important that people understand the context and origin of such stuff. Like a lot of people understand the origins of the ''Stocks'' in a market/town square - how we now throw wet sponges instead of rocks and rotten food at the local political/parish councillor {I'm sure some might be better getting mouldy tomatoes but hey ho} at similar Spring/Summer events but wonder how many are told/taught about the origins of ''Aunt Sal''? Otherwise, it surely means the churlish nonchalance will kind of rollover into another generation and continue  Hmmm

Oops, sorry Bamboo I saw Jimmy's avatar when I was reading your response and must have got confoosed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #38299 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 13:15:38 »

What's with people (generally people in Range Rovers or BMW X5s) parking half of their cars on the pavement these days?

Even worse is people who bloody double park on their driveway {in any car but oft it is the type you state above}, where they have one car parked on the driveway and then the other car is more on the pavement than their actual drive. Essentially the car is perpendicular to the pavement and taking up even more of the said coursey than the average arrogant city parker.

I guess two things, driveways in newer builds have got smaller and more households have more than one car and that's a more understandable scenario.

Unless there was absolutely nowhere else to park but in this particular trivial scenario, we're talking about the coursey being about 10ft wide with a stip of grass about 5ft wide. So a 15ft wide coursey and a 16ft Range Rover {I love Wank Panzer btw, fantastic Fuzzy - don't get me started on G-Wagons...} parked at ninety degrees on it. A literal depiction of an out and out cunt. Probably talks to people like the knobhead diner in Boiling Point as well and lets people know how '...considerably, considerably richer than yoww.' they are {really they're swamped in mountains of keeping-up-with-the-Joneses-champagne-millionaire debt but let's not dent their ego}.

Ahh well, rant over  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #38300 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 13:16:24 »

Oops, sorry Bamboo I saw Jimmy's avatar when I was reading your response and must have got confoosed.

Lolzy, don't worry my man. I took it as a hugeee compliment  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #38301 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 13:16:48 »

What's with people (generally people in BMW X5s)
We call them WankPanzers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #38302 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 15:50:59 »

Our local Ice Cream van.......had the same boring ringtone for years🤣.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #38303 on: Thursday, June 8, 2023, 15:52:17 »

‘Children. Come and get your lollipops. All free today.’
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38304 on: Sunday, June 11, 2023, 12:55:48 »

Enough us enough, they need to come down hard on knife possession rather than a telling off. Stabbings are far too common now, I don't think some of these numpties realise how easily someone can be killed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-65871840
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38305 on: Sunday, June 11, 2023, 15:38:23 »

Enough us enough, they need to come down hard on knife possession rather than a telling off. Stabbings are far too common now, I don't think some of these numpties realise how easily someone can be killed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-65871840

They are bringing in new Serious Violence Reduction orders to deal with this sort of thing, the person that has the order can be searched anytime. Its a start i suppose
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #38306 on: Sunday, June 11, 2023, 15:49:29 »

They are bringing in new Serious Violence Reduction orders to deal with this sort of thing, the person that has the order can be searched anytime. Its a start i suppose
About as much use as banning ‘small’ boats.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #38307 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 09:31:11 »

Absolutely no need to carry a knife unless you're planning to hurt someone. Possession should be a multiple year sentence with no parole.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #38308 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 09:35:55 »

We are back to the constant argument re Stop and Search.

Pigs picking on particular individuals/ groups and getting shafted for doing so. Often completely ignoriong the fact that these individuals and groups are targetted because the intelligence indicates they are the ones likeley to be carrying the weapons being looked for.

Yes- there are Police Officers who are racist and need removing from the force as soon as possible BUT, most are not.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38309 on: Monday, June 12, 2023, 09:55:59 »

We are back to the constant argument re Stop and Search.

Pigs picking on particular individuals/ groups and getting shafted for doing so. Often completely ignoriong the fact that these individuals and groups are targetted because the intelligence indicates they are the ones likeley to be carrying the weapons being looked for.

Yes- there are Police Officers who are racist and need removing from the force as soon as possible BUT, most are not.

The problem with these new orders is that they can only be given to people over the age of 18, which i find totally stupid. Should be able to be given to anyone over the age of criminal responsibilty

The court will be able to make an SVRO when an adult (aged 18 or over) is convicted of an offence involving a bladed article or offensive weapon, that is, any offence in which a bladed article or an offensive weapon has been involved.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 12, 2023, 09:58:09 by tans » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 2551 2552 2553 [2554] 2555 2556 2557 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: