Pages: 1 ... 2364 2365 2366 [2367] 2368 2369 2370 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048958 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #35490 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 19:00:49 »

Not mildly but trying to order food for later in the evening at most chain fast food places.

Can I give you this list of food, pay for it and come back later to pick it up.

'No you'll have to order it through the app or online'

Ok, onto the app - Chicken Sandwich with cheese. 

'Do you want cheese and bacon?'

No just cheese.

'Thats not an option.'

Right.  Nothing then.  Also I don't want any tomato.

'Sorry thats not an option.'

How can I make that happen

'You'll have to go and order in store.'

Am I allowed to firebomb your store?

'Sorry thats not an option'

It fucking well is you know.

Never knowingly overstated.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #35491 on: Friday, September 24, 2021, 19:20:58 »

Not mildly but trying to order food for later in the evening at most chain fast food places.

No just cheese.

'Thats not an option.'

Don’t get that issue when you do takeout at Wimpy

Now, ain't that just like me?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35492 on: Saturday, September 25, 2021, 08:47:50 »

Selfish bastards

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10027411/Selfish-drivers-pack-cars-jerry-cans-tanks-brim.html

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35493 on: Saturday, September 25, 2021, 11:10:58 »

No just cheese.

'Thats not an option.'

Picky bastard!  Girl Giggle

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35494 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 10:18:32 »

I can only assume that in the Swadlincote area they have birds that fly the size of Ostriches as one has shat on my windscreen whilst I unloaded two pallets just now and probably used half my screen wash to fucking clear it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #35495 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 10:56:28 »

My wife only has a small amount of petrol, and has to get to work. She's petrified of not getting any petrol. She doesn't want to let patients down.

She's a nurse.

Good one panic buyers.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35496 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 11:40:15 »

My wife only has a small amount of petrol, and has to get to work. She's petrified of not getting any petrol. She doesn't want to let patients down.

She's a nurse.

Good one panic buyers.

Luckily I managed to fill up late Friday pm in Gloucester on my way back from a collection in Avonmouth, drop in Hereford & another in Knighton. On my way to Cambridgeshire next. That leaves me enough to get home and hopefully get some on the way back somewhere. Everyone with a vehicle needs fuel, some of us need it more than others.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #35497 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 11:48:47 »

She's a nurse.

Good one panic buyers.

My local petrol station is only giving fuel to emergency service workers with ID. Is nowhere else doing this?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35498 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 11:51:29 »

Luckily I managed to fill up late Friday pm in Gloucester on my way back from a collection in Avonmouth, drop in Hereford & another in Knighton. On my way to Cambridgeshire next. That leaves me enough to get home and hopefully get some on the way back somewhere. Everyone with a vehicle needs fuel, some of us need it more than others.
That doesn't mean all of you bastards should come over to Gloucester and steal MY fuel!!!

P.S. I cycle 7 miles to work so don't use the car to commute anymore.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #35499 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 12:24:58 »

Knobheads that are filling up jerry cans etc. and taking advantage need to be culled, but I don't think you can label everyone getting fuel as panic buyers, a good majority of people need fuel to get to their jobs irrelevant of whether they are health workers or not.

Emergency vehicles obviously is a completely different thing..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #35500 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 12:33:08 »

What was the initial news story?

4 petrol stations out of stock?

Media need fucking for this. The Sun front page with a nozzle saying we are all going to run out..

All political parties need to have a representative in a Media control committee set up until things have settled down...maybe mid 2022 fingers crossed. I hate political interference with the press/media but they have taken the piss this time.

Clems Army!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #35501 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 12:45:01 »

Knobheads that are filling up jerry cans etc. and taking advantage need to be culled, but I don't think you can label everyone getting fuel as panic buyers, a good majority of people need fuel to get to their jobs irrelevant of whether they are health workers or not.

Emergency vehicles obviously is a completely different thing..

Where do you draw the line on this? (Not you personally)

I queued up earlier for 30 mins and got a full tank, my main reason is I was running low and want to go over and see my girlfriend tonight and probably once or twice more this week (20 mile drive). Would most people class that as important enough? Probably not. Do I class it as important enough? Hell yes
Hunk

« Reply #35502 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 12:45:22 »

The Sun's headline this morning was 'Panic Monday!', which is as good as a command rather than a summary of the situation. The media need to be held to account for this, but they won't be because they'll just claim to report the news rather than make it, which is bullshit
Hunk

« Reply #35503 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 12:48:16 »

Where do you draw the line on this? (Not you personally)

I queued up earlier for 30 mins and got a full tank, my main reason is I was running low and want to go over and see my girlfriend tonight and probably once or twice more this week (20 mile drive). Would most people class that as important enough? Probably not. Do I class it as important enough? Hell yes

Yes, its good enough. Nobody should have to justify buying as much petrol as they need to do whatever it is they've got to/want to do. The problem is the dickheads who are buying up all the petrol for absolutely no reason whatsoever, other than having been told to by the Sun (see my above post). They don't need it. If they fucked off rest of us normal folks could go about our normal business in the normal way.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35504 on: Monday, September 27, 2021, 12:51:41 »

If there’s one thing guaranteed to get people panic buying is some tosspot saying there’s no need to panic buy.

I bet there are people still using up their stockpile of bog roll from the start of the pandemic.
Pages: 1 ... 2364 2365 2366 [2367] 2368 2369 2370 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: