Pages: 1 ... 2311 2312 2313 [2314] 2315 2316 2317 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5088326 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #34695 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 10:05:39 »

I've lost 4 kilos since mid-January.

It might not sound much, but I didn't get fitxr (which is a real calorie burner) until about 2 months ago. I've also not been using it much for 3 weeks because of an injury (my fault).

I've also visibly gained muscle mass.

Oh, and I've made no significant changes to my diet.
I've been here before, so i know what i have to do diet wise. But as mentioned above, i was very into lifting heavy weight back in the day but right now, my body just wont allow it. Appreciate the suggestion of the quest 2 but i can't see me making much use from that. It will be one of those things that collects dust after 2 weeks.  :-)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 10:08:22 by Chubbs » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #34696 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 10:14:14 »

I know, I still have my 16kg one but i feel i need to get a lighter one to start me back up. Its been a long while and my body is falling to pieces as it is. My knee is fucked from football and my backs not great either.
As much as i'd love to get back into gym and lift some heavy weights, my body wont take it. Just got to focus on diet for now and just try to be a bit more active in general.

Maybe you won't be able to do overhead stuff with 16kg to start with, but you should be able to 2-handed swing, deadlift and squat 16kg easily. Just man the fuck up and get on with it Wink I've got an 8kg or 12kg you can borrow if you really want to start with the girly weights Tongue
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34697 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 11:13:46 »

I've got a 16kg kettlebell, I do pullovers on a flat bench with it Chubbs. That's after having a dislocated shoulder and broken arm  Wink
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #34698 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 16:42:38 »

Why do crumpets come in packets of 9? Surely they are to be eaten in pairs
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #34699 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 16:47:21 »

Buy a pack of 6 then...

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #34700 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2021, 17:24:54 »

Why do crumpets come in packets of 9? Surely they are to be eaten in pairs

Probably done that way to make you buy more. But they're pretty cheap so fill ya boots!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #34701 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 07:35:23 »

People that are consistently late, why not just leave a few minutes earlier?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #34702 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 08:38:31 »

People that are consistently late, why not just leave a few minutes earlier?

This 100% does my head in.

I also hate being late so I'm always turning up for appointments 30minutes too early but I'd rather be 30 minutes early than late.

It's like when arranging to go to catch a flight. General rule is you get to the airport 2hrs before the flight for international travel. I know it generally takes 1hr 15min to get to Heathrow. I will give myself double that just for the journey and if i'm 3 hours early, so be it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34703 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 10:19:30 »

Why is this fucking headline news on the BBC website.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57006672
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #34704 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 10:28:37 »

Why is this fucking headline news on the BBC website.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57006672

I mean, you clicked it, you shared it, I clicked it to find out what it was. I don't think we're helping the situation here...

But you know, fuzzy famous child stories with a few cute pictures have always been middle page of the papers fodder. It's just websites don't have middle pages exactly. It's the third most read article on the BBC website today, perhaps off the back of people sharing it to protest about its existence.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34705 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 10:40:08 »

I mean, you clicked it, you shared it, I clicked it to find out what it was. I don't think we're helping the situation here...

I know what you mean, I have let myself down, my family down and would like to apologise....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34706 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 13:21:08 »

I have got 3 scam texts in the last hour from 'HSBC'. I don't even bank with them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #34707 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 13:32:13 »

I have got 3 scam texts in the last hour from 'HSBC'. I don't even bank with them.

No, but plenty of people do so it's easier to just send a wide net.  My mum got two, I bank with HSBC so she thought it may be for me as we use her details as a forwarding.  She checked with us first, but she is the sort of person that may well have clicked.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #34708 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 13:36:56 »

They clearly just want to raid your bank account be your fren  Smiley

In similar "chancer" type news, I had a call yesterday eve from a company telling me that they could approve and release funds via a remortgaging of my home to £400k right now there and then...I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I rent privately but amazed that he could approve (not in principle, actually approve and release) the remortgaging there and then so I let him have the floor for a while longer.

Mind you, £400k that isn't mine would have been nice. I mean if it's kosher for the Glazers to raise a loan on something they don't own then it's kosher for me...I might call him back! 

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34709 on: Friday, May 7, 2021, 13:56:44 »

No, but plenty of people do so it's easier to just send a wide net.  My mum got two, I bank with HSBC so she thought it may be for me as we use her details as a forwarding.  She checked with us first, but she is the sort of person that may well have clicked.

Oh I am absolutely aware that I'm not the fish they are looking to catch. I'm really glad your mum did check before she did anything to get caught out. These scammers really are the pits, thriving off the elderly who sadly are the people that suffer in most cases (I would imagine)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 2311 2312 2313 [2314] 2315 2316 2317 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: