Pages: 1 ... 2263 2264 2265 [2266] 2267 2268 2269 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047697 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #33975 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 15:00:09 »

IIRC there are a few posties on here - interesting to see national media coverage of the postal issues.

We've had post 3 times in the last month, have had special delivery post not turn up and missed the response window on a speeding ticket.

It's obviously annoying for us, but interested in the other side of the coin. Can it really just be increased sickness that's brought the system to it's knees? How is it remedied?

Silver lining? Got a Xmas card today. That brightened my day.
china red

« Reply #33976 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 15:05:16 »

Day three of the kids being off school, day two of at least two zoom classes each, two of them overlapping, with extra work sheets to do as well, before leaving for work at half 3, finishing at half 1, other half is moaning at me because I didn't stick to her bullshit timetable yesterday, I'm fucking knackered and stress is through the roof. Three fucking months of this.

I’ve heard this may be until summer now.............I bloody hope not!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33977 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 15:05:38 »

IIRC there are a few posties on here - interesting to see national media coverage of the postal issues.

We've had post 3 times in the last month, have had special delivery post not turn up and missed the response window on a speeding ticket.

It's obviously annoying for us, but interested in the other side of the coin. Can it really just be increased sickness that's brought the system to it's knees? How is it remedied?

Silver lining? Got a Xmas card today. That brightened my day.

The sickness will be on top of extra demand because everyone is getting stuff delivered.
Panda Paws

« Reply #33978 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 15:08:36 »

The sickness will be on top of extra demand because everyone is getting stuff delivered.

Perhaps, but how much private business actually goes through RM? Seems like DPD and the like have cornered the market pretty well. Would the increase be offset by less commercial post with 1000s of business mothballed?

Doubly concerning if COVID jab appointments are done via mail, which I'm assuming they will be, at least in some cases. I've seen a few complaints of missed appointments etc from GPs.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33979 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 15:12:20 »

In the process of moving house so any paperwork that needs to be delivered to solicitors etc. I am hand delivering as I don't want RM delaying progress.  It worries me about things coming in the other direction though, would prefer them to ring me and have me pick it up.

Agree with the Covid appointments though, is a worry

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33980 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 15:21:28 »

Perhaps, but how much private business actually goes through RM? Seems like DPD and the like have cornered the market pretty well. Would the increase be offset by less commercial post with 1000s of business mothballed?

Doubly concerning if COVID jab appointments are done via mail, which I'm assuming they will be, at least in some cases. I've seen a few complaints of missed appointments etc from GPs.

A friend of ours works for Hermes and he has never been so busy, Amazon seem to have taken 95% of deliveries in house round here (And they are god awful) so not sure what Hermes as so busy with.

Does much commercial post get sent these days, since I have worked from home (5 years now) I have sent the grant total of 1 letter, whilst I still write a lot of stuff it tends to just get emailed as a PDF these days?

Finally it does appear that some surgeries are sending covid appointments out via post which seems pretty mental to me, why not just phone people, I know not all people have mobiles but for the last couple of years most of our engagement with the NHS has been via texts.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #33981 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 15:26:46 »

Solicitors generally communicate with each other via email and, if stuff needs to be send hard copy, many still use the DX.

Also, I think that many firms are discouraging clients from calling at their offices to collect/deliver documents.

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33982 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 15:56:46 »

https://www.wiltshire999s.co.uk/air-ambulance-forced-to-abort-landing-as-out-of-control-dog-tries-to-catch-aircraft/

Ignore
« Reply #33983 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 17:04:34 »

Loads is the answer. Inundated with it. It's been like Christmas every week since March. Then you had Christmas pressure on top of that with sickness levels through the roof. Reading delivery office have 42 people off at the moment for instance.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19003965.royal-mail-publishes-list-covid-blackspots/
Panda Paws

« Reply #33984 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 17:33:28 »

Is that just purely because of people online shopping?

When it goes wrong do we not just get post, say, twice a week rather than nothing for weeks on end?

Ignore
« Reply #33985 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 17:52:27 »

The rise is mostly due to home shopping for sure. If it can be sent by post it is. Unbelievable what's being sent really.
Why you're getting nothing for weeks I do not know. I know little about deliveries. I do know that I get my post most days with the odd few days of no postie in my street. Where do you live?
Panda Paws

« Reply #33986 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 18:03:11 »

The rise is mostly due to home shopping for sure. If it can be sent by post it is. Unbelievable what's being sent really.
Why you're getting nothing for weeks I do not know. I know little about deliveries. I do know that I get my post most days with the odd few days of no postie in my street. Where do you live?

Woodford, IG8. Parents in law and bro in law local and suffering too, although different delivery centres.

Ignore
« Reply #33987 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 19:12:27 »

Woodford, IG8. Parents in law and bro in law local and suffering too, although different delivery centres.

I'd advise you contact your local delivery office and ask them.
Panda Paws

« Reply #33988 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 19:22:39 »

I'd advise you contact your local delivery office and ask them.

They're not taking messages and have banned visitors from the centre. It's quite the local hoohaa.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #33989 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 05:27:17 »

I've never had problems with delivery, you just need to be the least bit delivery savvy
Pages: 1 ... 2263 2264 2265 [2266] 2267 2268 2269 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: