Pages: 1 ... 2193 2194 2195 [2196] 2197 2198 2199 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048821 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #32925 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 12:02:11 »

Got an invoice from the plumber today for work he did 18 months ago!

soapy tit wank.

I'm useless at sending invoices and often forget. I've not taken that long, though.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #32926 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 12:07:46 »

Do you not have Dashcam in the truck? if you do send the videos to the Old Bill let them see it and make their own conclusions.

Got one on Sunday. Just having a nose at the videos now...

Panda Paws

« Reply #32927 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 12:10:45 »

If you ever capture anything good, upload it to Newsflare.com. It's the company I work for. We sell user generated video like dashcam stuff into the media.

Money for old rope if youre filming it anyway. You'd be surprised what sells.

Ignore
« Reply #32928 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 12:29:51 »

Order an item from eBay. Seller doesn't pay full postage so I get a card through the door to pay. Go to the collection office at 11.10am. It closed at 11am Angry
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32929 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 14:34:04 »

So the new Virgin Media hub router which we were advised we needed (we didn't, the problem with the TV/Internet was resolved by an engineer by around lunchtime today) has just arrived and seemingly requires a signature.

So the buzzer goes, I answer and open the door and the Yodel delivery man decides he doesn't want to receive my thanks, signature, or indeed pleasantries and literally throws the package into my hall and makes off before I can do anything. The box does say handle with care so not quite sure he was heeding this advice.  Doh

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32930 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 15:28:09 »

Order an item from eBay. Seller doesn't pay full postage so I get a card through the door to pay. Go to the collection office at 11.10am. It closed at 11am Angry

Reminds me of not getting a letter posted, due to no stamp, so having to drag out to Dorcan to discover it's from a solicitor, not working to my advantage over something that's going to cost me plenty.  Cunts Angry
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32931 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 19:39:24 »

Reminds me of not getting a letter posted, due to no stamp, so having to drag out to Dorcan to discover it's from a solicitor, not working to my advantage over something that's going to cost me plenty.  Cunts Angry
I'd have been minded to send them an invoice for the cost of the postage plus 100 quid as your standard charge for writing a letter. Then a further 100 quid for every 15 mins you spent going out to pick the damn thing up
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #32932 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 20:06:00 »

Reminds me of not getting a letter posted, due to no stamp, so having to drag out to Dorcan to discover it's from a solicitor, not working to my advantage over something that's going to cost me plenty.  Cunts Angry

The moral of the story is keep your nose clean.  You don't usually hear from solicitors unless you have got into some form of scrape (civil or criminal).

Nothing to see here
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32933 on: Thursday, July 16, 2020, 21:16:00 »

So the new Virgin Media hub router which we were advised we needed (we didn't, the problem with the TV/Internet was resolved by an engineer by around lunchtime today) has just arrived and seemingly requires a signature.

So the buzzer goes, I answer and open the door and the Yodel delivery man decides he doesn't want to receive my thanks, signature, or indeed pleasantries and literally throws the package into my hall and makes off before I can do anything. The box does say handle with care so not quite sure he was heeding this advice.  Doh

Pretty much every parcel we receive is left on our front porch, on full display to the road.  While away once, the neighbour popped it behind a table for us (rather than take it in themselves).  I do live in something akin to Stepford though.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #32934 on: Friday, July 17, 2020, 17:47:57 »

Definitely at the 'trivial' end of things that annoy me (particularly compared with just about everything else to do with Boris Fucking Johnson) - but the way he pronounces 'to' as 'tee-oo' is really starting to grate.

Now I've pointed this out, you won't be able to unhear it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #32935 on: Saturday, July 18, 2020, 09:30:20 »

Is. It worse than. The way. He. SPEAKS. Like this

Things get better but they never get good
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #32936 on: Saturday, July 18, 2020, 10:30:09 »

If only there was any actual content not a stream of self aggrandising, self congratulatory wank and bare faced lies it may be a little more bearable.

Never knowingly overstated.
Barry Scott

« Reply #32937 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 12:50:39 »

BT being snide fuckers and trying to collect unneeded grants (I believe). I'll explain....

In my Mum's neck of the woods they've not got fibre (Just ADSL) and BT have said they don't plan to install it.

They pointed her in the direction of community broadband, or whatever it's called, where you can get the locals to come together and all use the government's "Gigabit Broadband voucher scheme" to affectively pay between £1,500 and £3,500 per home/business toward them installing it in your community.

In light of that there's many local communities currently coming together so BT will come and install it.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18504592.faster-fibre-broadband-works-wroughton-rural-areas-near-swindon/

So, anyway, the old dear needed a new phone line as the one she has is degraded and can't support broadband. The BT bloke came and sorted it and mentioned how she'll now have reliable broadband and said that her street has got full fibre in the cabinets so can't work out why they only get ADSL.

Does this mean BT are simply waiting for all the grant money to come their way, then just flick a switch for work already done? Wouldn't put it past a shower like BT to do such a thing.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32938 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 14:09:24 »

BT being snide fuckers and trying to collect unneeded grants (I believe). I'll explain....

In my Mum's neck of the woods they've not got fibre (Just ADSL) and BT have said they don't plan to install it.

They pointed her in the direction of community broadband, or whatever it's called, where you can get the locals to come together and all use the government's "Gigabit Broadband voucher scheme" to affectively pay between £1,500 and £3,500 per home/business toward them installing it in your community.

In light of that there's many local communities currently coming together so BT will come and install it.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18504592.faster-fibre-broadband-works-wroughton-rural-areas-near-swindon/

So, anyway, the old dear needed a new phone line as the one she has is degraded and can't support broadband. The BT bloke came and sorted it and mentioned how she'll now have reliable broadband and said that her street has got full fibre in the cabinets so can't work out why they only get ADSL.

Does this mean BT are simply waiting for all the grant money to come their way, then just flick a switch for work already done? Wouldn't put it past a shower like BT to do such a thing.

Can't comment down south, (although from other experience the amount that BT charge to press a button on a computer is normally criminal!) but our rural broadband up here was enhanced/provided with a shed load of EU cash.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32939 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 15:44:03 »

@barry either the cabinet is at capacity, the engineer is chatting shit (or got wrong cabinet) or you're right .

I'd bet on it being the first two ahead of the latter, but only just
Pages: 1 ... 2193 2194 2195 [2196] 2197 2198 2199 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: