Pages: 1 ... 2188 2189 2190 [2191] 2192 2193 2194 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046823 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32850 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 11:32:38 »

This is firmly in the 'don't understand category' as I generally agree with the sentiment and I suspect its just shoddy reporting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53318021

So present representation is 3%, when people identifying as BAME in the census (2011) make up 13% of the UK population.

So where the bloody hell does a 30% target come from? 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32851 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 13:02:00 »

Why are people so fucking ignorant? I saw a guy the other day heading towards Greenbridge from the Gypsy Lane roundabout, he was riding in the centre of the lane whilst using his mobile phone. The guy in the car gave the gentlest of toots to warn the guy on the bike he was coming past, and got a "fuck off" along with the bird. I was hoping the twat was gonna fall off.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32852 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 13:04:18 »

This is firmly in the 'don't understand category' as I generally agree with the sentiment and I suspect its just shoddy reporting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53318021

So present representation is 3%, when people identifying as BAME in the census (2011) make up 13% of the UK population.

So where the bloody hell does a 30% target come from? 
Isn't 30% in line with participation?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32853 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 13:27:10 »

Why are people so fucking ignorant? I saw a guy the other day heading towards Greenbridge from the Gypsy Lane roundabout, he was riding in the centre of the lane whilst using his mobile phone. The guy in the car gave the gentlest of toots to warn the guy on the bike he was coming past, and got a "fuck off" along with the bird. I was hoping the twat was gonna fall off.

I've noticed cyclists seem to have gotten more brazen these days cyling whilst on their phones.

Also, I thought these electric scooters were illegal on roads? There seems to be quite a few of them these days.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #32854 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 20:43:23 »

I've noticed cyclists seem to have gotten more brazen these days cyling whilst on their phones.

Also, I thought these electric scooters were illegal on roads? There seems to be quite a few of them these days.
That is not a cyclist. That's an idiot on a bike.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #32855 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 21:21:22 »

Dan Roan, rearing his head again right now, on BBC News to toss himself silly over the Wigan Athletic debacle.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #32856 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 22:37:05 »

Dan Roan, rearing his head again right now, on BBC News to toss himself silly over the Wigan Athletic debacle.
Dan Roan is a fucking idiot. Recently got a slap on the wrist for taking screenshots of a "zoom" court case and posting them on twitter even though there is a massive banner saying that anyone doing so is comiting a criminal offence. Moron.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32857 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 05:30:17 »

Spent ages this morning trying to find/help some tiny kittens we can hear mewing by the house. As soon as we get anywhere near, they’re off. Left food/water out and will try again later. They’re in some right thick undergrowth.

It’s a real problem here. Stacks of strays, all go un-neutered and before the tourist season starts the locals poison as many as possible.

Fighting a losing battle here.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #32858 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 08:21:15 »

Spent ages this morning trying to find/help some tiny kittens we can hear mewing by the house. As soon as we get anywhere near, they’re off. Left food/water out and will try again later. They’re in some right thick undergrowth.

It’s a real problem here. Stacks of strays, all go un-neutered and before the tourist season starts the locals poison as many as possible.

Fighting a losing battle here.

Similar in Spain. There's a woman who runs a cat sanctuary in/around Menorca for just this reason. It baffles me how they're treated like vermin.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #32859 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 10:14:08 »

Shame the cat sanctuary wasn't near Meowca...

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32860 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 10:17:17 »

Similar in Spain. There's a woman who runs a cat sanctuary in/around Menorca for just this reason. It baffles me how they're treated like vermin.

Same with start dogs in Portugal. My mum has already taken two in
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32861 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 10:20:49 »

What's a start dog?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32862 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 11:24:01 »

Stray i mean
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #32863 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 18:44:24 »

Same with start dogs in Portugal. My mum has already taken two in

Turkey and Romania, also.

Aud - Has the island not got a spey and neuter program? This helps save so many more dogs and cats than it does via poisoning. It also gives rescues and charities etc, a chance to rehome them (in  the native country or elsewhere). I know some parts of Turkey and Romania have some great S&N programs. Often a lot done via fundraising or privately funded. It won't solve all of the problem but it's certainly a start.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32864 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 18:53:16 »

There are a couple of animal sanctuaries/charities but no kind of official support. They poison the cats and dump them in the waste bins.
Pages: 1 ... 2188 2189 2190 [2191] 2192 2193 2194 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: