Pages: 1 ... 2185 2186 2187 [2188] 2189 2190 2191 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048167 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32805 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 17:59:30 »

Don't think Reading do (or at least not to any great extent) any more, they've drastically cut back their DC programme in recent years. But as tans says, been going on for years. I'm only surprised Chelsea's tentacles haven't reached here yet - they're all over Dorset and Hants and there are Arsenal-branded (and I choose the words carefully) DCs in Oxon
Ah right I am not fully up to date but I know they have in the past, I hear Bournemouth have got one too or did have in the Swindon area.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #32806 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 18:04:58 »

Chelsea were very active scouting wise here. I presume they still are?
Southampton and Reading were always scouting locally. The former had a training centre at Bath and took lads from Swindon there.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32807 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 18:11:34 »

I noticed there's a guy training young kids in the afternoons in Tadpole don't know anything about him tho but he seems good at what he does

So, give no fucks
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32808 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 18:12:20 »

I know it’s been going on for a while with Oxford running schools with SN postcodes, but this is too close to home for me. It’s literally 2 mins walk. Would love the kids to go, now I know it’s on, but think I’ll pass.

To make things worse it’s on a public field so aren’t paying a penny!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #32809 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 18:13:04 »

I noticed there's a guy training young kids in the afternoons in Tadpole don't know anything about him tho but he seems good at what he does
Mark Draycott?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32810 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 18:24:11 »

Mark Draycott?

Yes that's him and excellent with the kids and always encouraging them and giving praise

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32811 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 18:37:32 »

I know it’s been going on for a while with Oxford running schools with SN postcodes, but this is too close to home for me. It’s literally 2 mins walk. Would love the kids to go, now I know it’s on, but think I’ll pass.
I wouldn't get too wound up about it. Most of these things are Generic FC "branded" as opposed to actually being run by the clubs themselves. If you're looking for well-run football sessions for your kids, try FitC they do a great job and do after-school sessions etc or sign them up with your local grassroots club if they're old enough

https://www.stfcfoundation.com/

Ignore
« Reply #32812 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 19:18:43 »

Yes that's him and excellent with the kids and always encouraging them and giving praise

My cousin's kids go to him and I've heard he's good.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32813 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 20:24:59 »

I wouldn't get too wound up about it. Most of these things are Generic FC "branded" as opposed to actually being run by the clubs themselves. If you're looking for well-run football sessions for your kids, try FitC they do a great job and do after-school sessions etc or sign them up with your local grassroots club if they're old enough

https://www.stfcfoundation.com/

My lad did used to go to a FITC session with James. Top bloke and superb with the kids.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32814 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 20:32:59 »

Speaking of FITC, does Gary Stanley work for them now?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #32815 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 20:57:17 »

Yes, Facility Manager. He's been emailing me about our football pitch bookings.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #32816 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 22:41:04 »

We've had fuck all from my kids' school since lockdown, apart from a download link to some work and one copy and paste email to both boys, with just the kids name, school year and teacher changed to suit. Couple of weeks back we get told that they're asking year 5 kids to come back for two weeks, this being the first, the second in a fortnight's time, happy enough for him to go in, no dramas. Get an email today with a Microsoft Teams link, his class have got a meet up next Monday. I've been using my phone camera as a webcam for family zoom chats at the weekend, but now scrabbling to get a proper webcam before Monday. Every prick has bought all the webcams, leaving only the shitty knockoff ones kicking around, or jacking up the price of £50 webcams to £200+. Schools fucking suck.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #32817 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 01:11:04 »

Leggett hire one from online for about a week. Usually reasonable prices or if you can't get one in time, just go on amazon and by a cheap tripod with phone clamp and use your phone. A lot of phone cameras are just as good or better than webcams anyway now. If your phone is shit, worry not, your son will be the envy of his mates as they see him on 120p quality and he can just smuggly say "This is Minecraft/Roblox Vision fuckers". Possibly without the "fuckers" but that would be comedy.

My point is, I don't think the webcam is imperative if this is a one of "meet up". The phone and tripod method can work just a well. Amazon have some cheap ones for about £15 and you'll have in within a couple of days.

Also if you need any tips on positioning/lighting etc to get the best from your phone will happily do a Zoom call and go through it with you (probably overkill for what you need). Whatever helps. The little things can get to us a bit more than normal, so it's easy to let it take over. DM if you wish. Don't stress mate.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #32818 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 07:30:11 »

I needed to get a webcam for lockdown as my 15 year old one was shit.  After 2 months of zero availability anywhere, I got this from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088WKCLK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Excellent bit of kit, £37, with delivery tomorrow on Prime

No one kills a thread like me....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32819 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 09:55:56 »

My lad did used to go to a FITC session with James. Top bloke and superb with the kids.
James Sims? He's brilliant, really nice lad, great coach as well. Seriously, if you are looking for football sessions for your kids, FitC are really good or if you're looking for a team for them to play for, I can probably help you find a grassroots side if you're at a loss as to where to start. PM me if you like, happy to help if I can.
Pages: 1 ... 2185 2186 2187 [2188] 2189 2190 2191 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: