Pages: 1 ... 2170 2171 2172 [2173] 2174 2175 2176 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5083310 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32580 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 14:20:37 »

I used to work with someone who would grill Arbroath Smokies, and they absolutely fucking stunk the place out for hours
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32581 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 14:49:02 »

I used to work with someone who would grill Arbroath Smokies, and they absolutely fucking stunk the place out for hours
Worst I've ever known was in my old job (going back about 20 years or so) one of the blokes had been on holiday to Iceland and brought back this "delicacy" that was rotting whale meat. All he did was open the jar. Fucking hell. Nothing would shift the smell, no air freshener, nothing. No-one went into the kitchen for the next two days. In fact, next four because this was on a Thursday morning.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32582 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 15:40:58 »

Worst I've ever known was in my old job (going back about 20 years or so) one of the blokes had been on holiday to Iceland and brought back this "delicacy" that was rotting whale meat. All he did was open the jar. Fucking hell. Nothing would shift the smell, no air freshener, nothing. No-one went into the kitchen for the next two days. In fact, next four because this was on a Thursday morning.

The Swedes have Surströmming (rotting herring). We have relatives there and thank fuck they think its vile too. But they do have the cheek to slate marmite.

My nan used to bring stinkey cheese back from Germany with her, Limburger I's guess. Jesus christ that stuff smelt like a tramps foot after doing a marathon through a dumpster. And people enjoy eating it.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #32583 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 15:58:47 »

Had that in Iceland, I think.  Marinated in its own urine and washed down with some clear spirit.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32584 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 16:01:40 »

I got it pre lockdown along with tins of corned beef - bit of a mini panic buy.

No that's stock piling were you Grin

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32585 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 16:02:30 »

Obviously not an issue at the moment but someone at work constantly brings in some kind of fish for lunch. Its not tuna, its much stronger and they microwave it and it lingers for hours.

It could be mackeral as that stinks the house out

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #32586 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 16:14:20 »

Jeremy Whine on Radio 2.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #32587 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 16:37:34 »

It could be mackeral as that stinks the house out

Fresh Mackerel really shouldn't stink. If it does it's bad. Like a lot of fish. The ones that tend to linger a lot are Pilchards, Herring and Kippers. Used to work with a bloke that would microwave Kippers (and Bacon??) and that took about a weeks worth of lemon based fumigation to sort out. Well it was that or buy a new microwave.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #32588 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 16:57:04 »

Ali G trending on twitter because the character is offensive all of a sudden.

My guess is that a small group of 'offended' people mentioned it and it's blown up from there. If I had the platform, I think I'd just make up stuff to be offended about to see where it goes. Just for shits and giggles.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #32589 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 17:04:53 »

probably because he is Jewish innit?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32590 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 17:05:44 »

My guess is that a small group of 'offended' people mentioned it and it's blown up from there. If I had the platform, I think I'd just make up stuff to be offended about to see where it goes. Just for shits and giggles.
Assume this is off the back of Leigh Francis...
Flashheart

« Reply #32591 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 17:06:46 »

Assume this is off the back of Leigh Francis...

I have no idea.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #32592 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 18:26:58 »

These people have taken over the idea of what it is to be left-wing, and they won't tolerate any desent. To me they are the enemies of equality as I see it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32593 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 18:30:45 »

I have no idea.

The creator of the Bo Selecta programme apologised for the black characters he played saying it was a mistake. Even though many black people have said it wasn’t offensive. Guessing that because of this many people are saying ‘Ali G’ should apologise for pretending to be black.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #32594 on: Friday, June 5, 2020, 22:49:50 »

Little Britain is the real shocker. First, it wasn't that funny. And even at the time it was racist, transphobic, homophobic and probably more. It is way over the line in 2020.
Pages: 1 ... 2170 2171 2172 [2173] 2174 2175 2176 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: