Pages: 1 ... 2128 2129 2130 [2131] 2132 2133 2134 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5081751 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #31950 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 16:12:05 »

I just think that if you are cycling through a busy city with a lot of traffic and other dangers that it is irresponsible not to wear a helmet. I do get that it is a personal choice however.

And don't get me wrong, this isn't a cheap pop at cyclists in general, my ire is towards the very small minority that do appear to be ignorant. I do fear that one day I am going to walk home and see an accident that could so very easily be avoided.

A lot of cyclists seem to use pavements now, maybe to avoid busy roads.
Saw someone getting off a bus get wiped out by a cyclist not that long ago.
I remember doing 'cycling proficiency' at junior school. Not sure if they still do courses at schools these days.

And as for having to get out of the way of mobility scooters.... Angry

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31951 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 16:14:20 »

A lot of cyclists seem to use pavements now, maybe to avoid busy roads.
Saw someone getting off a bus get wiped out by a cyclist not that long ago.
I remember doing 'cycling proficiency' at junior school. Not sure if they still do courses at schools these days.

And as for having to get out of the way of mobility scooters.... Angry

That actually happened to me a few months ago. I stepped off the bus and was very nearly cleaned out by a cyclist on a bike.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31952 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 17:24:26 »

I stepped off the bus and was very nearly cleaned out by a cyclist on a bike.

What else would he have been on? 🤣
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #31953 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 17:33:00 »

What else would he have been on? 🤣

A unicycle?

I meant pavement, clearly!!  Doh

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #31954 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 10:34:37 »

Any idea how you can change the spellcheck from American English to British English?

Its irritating how when I use words that have an S in where the Americans use a Z I have to add them to the dictionary. I guess there must be a way of switching?

Flashheart

« Reply #31955 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 10:37:14 »

Any idea how you can change the spellcheck from American English to British English?

Its irritating how when I use words that have an S in where the Americans use a Z I have to add them to the dictionary. I guess there must be a way of switching?

The option should show at the bottom right of your taskbar (I assume you're using windows). Click on it and you can change.

You might need to have the option selected first - that's in the language settings somewhere.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #31956 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 11:41:49 »

I think mine must be set to Australian English. It keeps throwing in abbreviations and casual racism.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #31957 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 11:44:04 »

I think mine must be set to Australian English. It keeps throwing in abbreviations and casual racism.

Soapy Tit Wank

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31958 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 12:58:21 »

Annoyingly, so right thread, whilst trying to show the locals they spoke funny and used another language and not English, I discovered that the use of Z is traditional English and still considered perfectly acceptable by the Oxford English Dictionary publishers.  We switched to using S a couple of centuries ago, but both are considered standard use in English.  Turns out we switched to using the French version rather than Greek origins that were more common before.

Try sending communications to a mixed audience, I use both regularly in the same sentence these days.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #31959 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 15:02:23 »

Turns out we switched to using the French version rather than Greek origins that were more common before.
Interestingly, or not, the French (where I work at least) always use the American spelling of words, much to my annoyance, and if I am asked to correct their English I will always change the z to an s (and "or", as in colour to "our").

It still annoys me that we have taken to using the American "billion", ie a thousand million, as now being a billion. A billion to me will always be a million million. I think everyone should adopt the French word "milliard" for a thousand million and go back to using billion properly.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31960 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 15:19:33 »

They're being very carte blanche EB  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31961 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 17:33:42 »

I am very meh on the whole subject of the Royal Family, but taking note of what he has been accused of, really??

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/anger-councils-told-fly-flags-21441826
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31962 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 18:43:37 »

yes Bob! someone had to say it about billion.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31963 on: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 21:55:01 »

People who cunt point you for doing stuff for charity. Says a lot about you if you do it purely because it's me. I'll continue my efforts regardless. Must make you feel such a big man. Be proud.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
woolster

« Reply #31964 on: Friday, February 7, 2020, 09:12:09 »

The diversion route (Drakes Way) for the Gypsy lane road works has now got 2 lanes closed for road works Thanks for the lack of information Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 2128 2129 2130 [2131] 2132 2133 2134 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: