Pages: 1 ... 2109 2110 2111 [2112] 2113 2114 2115 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046978 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31665 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 09:07:02 »

What happened on 16th June then?

Its my birthday. I doubt that's the answer you are looking for though!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31666 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 09:25:52 »

I’d love to invite you all but you know how it is.

Indeed its always embarrassing when no one turns up?

What happened on 16th June then?

I am struggling here, it being Enoch Powells birthday or the murder of Jo Cox seems to be the only thing of relevance  from a admittedly brief glance. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_16

« Last Edit: Monday, January 6, 2020, 09:30:47 by horlock07 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31667 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 12:22:58 »

South Africa Youth Day
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31668 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:06:17 »

**Sorry bit of a rant so skip this, as i'm sure most will anyway**

Electric Company(ies). Moved into a new property a few months ago where the current provider was already ongoing. I looked asap at their rates, found a much better one and switched. All fine and it's all done for you. Just provide your meter readings.

Of course I know there would be an outstanding, closing bill that I was waiting to receive from the old provider. I'd worked out it was around 2 weeks worth of use and then around 2 weeks of crossover whilst switching, so about a months worth. Going by my usage so far and bear in mind I was using less back in July/August and I even overestimated as I was using Winter usage figures but it was looking to be around £30-35.

During this time I had zero contact from them. Only one estimated bill which arrived in my first week in the property. Certainly not picking up or paying someone else's bill. Also, not on a smart meter here yet. So it's a surprise then, in November through my letterbox I receive not only one but three letters, all with different amounts on them. Starting with £60 because they decided to add an admin fee on (ok fair enough (not really) for clicking a button to send a mail merge and close the account), then one for £90ish and finally one for £120ish. The final one stating, "since we have had no correspondence from you since our last contact..." Fuck Off. You sent all three letters (or the system did) at the same time you cunts.

Anyway, I kindly tried to call them...shock horror no answer/on hold for longer than I have time to sit listening to Vivaldi's Four fucking Seasons on loop for 6hrs. I used to like Classical music too. So I thought ok you cunts, I'll communicate only via email. Emailed them to which they ignored the "3 letters in a row" and they replied with something like, "our phone lines are open between 9am & 5pm Monday - Friday. If you wish to discuss..." . No recognition of their error and frankly being sent round in circles.

Essentially, if they want paying and nope not the full amount then they will have to learn how to communicate by more than just a limited telephone service. I'm at the point now where if they want to chase me for it then let them because I can't actually get hold of anyone who will listen to the error they have made and it is an error. £120 for one months electricity. Nah mate, fuck you. I was even happy to pay the £60 even though that was robbery just to close the account + bill (£30 admin + £31ish usage).

What arrives today? A nice Happy New Year letter from them basically stating similar "since we have not heard from you..." and "Your outstanding balance of £120 must be paid immediately.." all in bold and also threatening to pass the account onto a debt recovery team. Cheers! I've had less hassle from loan/credit card companies.

#BunchOfCunts

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #31669 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:20:20 »

If you took meter readings when you moved in what are they charging you for?
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #31670 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 13:40:37 »

If you took meter readings when you moved in what are they charging you for?

I have no idea because I'm pretty good with this stuff and know my usage of units etc (I provide my current one with monthly readings via their online platform/app). Hence my stance. All I can think is it seems they are effectively trying to charge me for three £30 admin fees on top of the £30ish usage. I was prepared to pay one (even if it is money for nothing) to close the account. If and when it gets resolved.

I've sent an email saying I'm prepared to pay the £30ish + £30 admin, but in installments. Since they've fucked me around they can have the offered amount trickled back.

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31671 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 15:15:19 »

You'll have no opportunity to sign a contract with them, so I don;t see why they'd have any right to charge an admin fee.  It;s not like you'd signed up to a 2 year deal and then reneged.

Stand firm and continue to barrage them with e-mails.  In the event they pass it on through automatic means, get the Ombudsman involved.  Rest easy knowing that for every e-mail you send them, it's probably costing them a fiver to deal with it.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #31672 on: Monday, January 6, 2020, 15:20:55 »

Thanks Rob. Kinda my stance as I never even chose that provider, it was in situ and have never signed (or agreed online via Toc) anything. I don't even have an online account with them, which they seem to tell me to log in to and pay them in their letters. It's very poor form.

'Incessant Nonsense'

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31673 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 10:01:46 »

Wtf?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18141814.paedophile-almost-half-million-child-abuse-images-spared-jail/
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #31674 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 10:08:46 »

This bloke couldn't look more like a paedophile than if he tattooed paedo on his forehead.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #31675 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 10:12:17 »

Will have been sentenced in accordance with sentencing guidelines, governments like to make much of being tough on crime, but won't fund the prisons to practice what they preach.

His QC has a somewhat unfortunate name taking note of the theme of the case.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #31676 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 10:22:44 »

I know we live in a society where we are addicted to our smart phones. I'll be the first to admit i use mine too much but can people really not just leave their phones in the pockets while having a piss at a urinal?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #31677 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 10:24:39 »

I know we live in a society where we are addicted to our smart phones. I'll be the first to admit i use mine too much but can people really not just leave their phones in the pockets while having a piss at a urinal?

When that happens (which it does more and more), assuming they don't look like they will lamp me, I normally ask if they are taking a photo.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31678 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 10:33:46 »

Agreed. A huge bugbear of mine.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31679 on: Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 10:34:32 »

Splash em  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 2109 2110 2111 [2112] 2113 2114 2115 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: