Pages: 1 ... 2069 2070 2071 [2072] 2073 2074 2075 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5068546 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #31065 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 08:12:39 »

People who always have mobile phone conversations on speakerphone.

You aren't on the fucking apprentice. Nobody else needs to hear it. hold the phone to your head or fuck off

I do this when I'm on the phone at home - because I don't like holding a phone up to my ear. Not sure why - I just don't feel comfortable doing it and I find I can hear better through the speaker. I don't do it in public mind, but then if I'm in public I normally keep phone conversations as short as possible or I have my headphones in anyway and use them.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #31066 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 08:20:04 »

This whole Sam Smith, gender neutral, refer to me as They” thing.

You have a cock, you’re a bloke, simple.

Not a considered a politically correct view these days but fuck it.

I work with a couple of trans women and I have a mate who has gone through the change as well. It is extremely difficult for them I think and it's a pretty big decision so I completely respect when a man wants to become a woman or vice versa...

But the whole pronoun thing has me a bit lost, I don't really understand it tbh. Not to say I won't respect it, I have another person in my office who has told me they prefer the pronouns 'they / them' and it's not an issue for me. 
Panda Paws

« Reply #31067 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 08:24:04 »

Adults can do whatever they like so long as a) try to understand not everyone will get it and b) don't transpose your thoughts on to kids.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31068 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 08:38:58 »

Awesome story to tell the Grandkids but I'm intrigued as to why it annoys or you don't understand it?  Smiley
Well neither really but we didn't have an "Euuuuggghhhh" thread and it didn't seem that important to create a new one Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31069 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 08:40:29 »

The whole gender things a load of bollocks.
Cheesy
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #31070 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 09:18:00 »

Well neither really but we didn't have an "Euuuuggghhhh" thread and it didn't seem that important to create a new one Smiley

We could start a "broken bones and injuries" thread  Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #31071 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 10:00:29 »

Bloody fat fingers. I've just sent a female colleague an email including the haunting phrase: "I appreciate how busty you are."  Eek
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 10:05:23 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #31072 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 10:21:56 »

Bloody fat fingers. I've just sent a female colleague an email including the haunting phrase: "I appreciate how busty you are."  Eek

That made me laugh out loud, in a very quiet office.
Good work 👍🏻
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31073 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 10:28:44 »

Bloody fat fingers. I've just sent a female colleague an email including the haunting phrase: "I appreciate how busty you are."  Eek

Its easily done, I have committed a 'Breast Wishes' faux pas in the past. 
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #31074 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 10:32:09 »

Adults can do whatever they like so long as a) try to understand not everyone will get it and b) don't transpose your thoughts on to kids.
Exactly this!
I was reading an article about this "off the grid" family who don't believe in school and personal hygiene etc. They let their kids eat what, when and where they want. They dont work etc etc.
They're grown adults and can make their own decisions, but for the love of god, don't jeopardized your children's upbringing.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31075 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 13:12:09 »

I work with a couple of trans women and I have a mate who has gone through the change as well. It is extremely difficult for them I think and it's a pretty big decision so I completely respect when a man wants to become a woman or vice versa...

But the whole pronoun thing has me a bit lost, I don't really understand it tbh. Not to say I won't respect it, I have another person in my office who has told me they prefer the pronouns 'they / them' and it's not an issue for me. 

The concept of sex is one thing, the concept of Gender is pretty new.  Some cultures have more than two.  It's very Victorian type of construct that we further developed in the 1900's
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31076 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 14:13:19 »

I don't know if it's been posted already but the treatment of the RNLI by the Daily Mail.
This has lead to many idiots, influenced by said media outlet, to withdraw donations.

You can historically support Nazi's but don't you dare think about using funds to save peoples lives in an international capacity. Hardly surprising, bunch of tossers.

The RNLI's response was class though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #31077 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 14:16:12 »

It's likely the case that the vast majority kicking off and saying they will stop sending payments have never made a single payment anyway.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #31078 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 14:19:12 »

Usually the case.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31079 on: Thursday, September 19, 2019, 14:24:03 »

It's likely the case that the vast majority kicking off and saying they will stop sending payments have never made a single payment anyway.

Pleasingly the RNLI have reported a definite spike upwards in donations since the (non) story was run!
Pages: 1 ... 2069 2070 2071 [2072] 2073 2074 2075 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: