Pages: 1 ... 2049 2050 2051 [2052] 2053 2054 2055 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048707 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30765 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 14:06:52 »

Huh?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17766416.charged-man-accused-urinating-wiltshire-garages-night-pay-cash-drawer/

Ignore
« Reply #30766 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 14:48:45 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17762154.special-report-swindon-team-manager-became-latest-coach-caught-english-football-39-s-sex-abuse-scandal/

Anyone else recognise the bloke in the picture as a town fan? I remember him well from during the Ardiles - Hoddle years. He is on the town C4 promotion documentary having a go at Ray Hardman with football Phil in the background. I also remember him tearing into Roger Malone on the evening we were demoted by 2 divisions outside the Arkells stand. Seemed a weird bloke at the time as he was always hanging around the club but didn't have him down as a nonce.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 12, 2019, 15:01:53 by Arriba » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30767 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 15:06:51 »

I know who you mean
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #30768 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 16:06:18 »

Yeah he is always hanging around the players entrance on matchday and goes to almost all the away games too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30769 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 18:54:53 »

Jesus

‘Webb later moved to Bath and six years ago was jailed for three months for observing a person engaged in a private act in a Keynsham toilet.

That offence saw him banned for life from every single public toilet in the UK. Last year, he complained to the Bath Chronicle that the loo ban was making his life hell. Webb said: “I’ve been going in bushes [since the ban]. I’m not beating about the bush, I’m being treated like an animal.”
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30770 on: Saturday, July 13, 2019, 09:36:02 »

Yes, quite big thing. I first went many moons ago.

Oldest carnival in Wiltshire.
Rio comes to halt when it's on apparently, as the locals down tools to watch the live satellite feed.

Worked in Pewsey for many years.
A curious mix of proper yokels and retired civil servants.

Hope The Golden Swan pub is still open.
Enjoyed a few extended lunch breaks in there over the years.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30771 on: Saturday, July 13, 2019, 14:20:44 »

You wouldn't catch me in there now, though.  I've gone right off warm, flat beer and I'm probably not enough of a true English patriot.

Pub going as a quasi political experience.
I like it.

The prospect of Brexit has really knocked the stuffing out of you.
A shame.

A bucket list item is to move abroad one day.
Somewhere like Cabo Verde.
Open a bar where I'm both the owner and the only customer.

A more realistic proposition would be anywhere in Scandinavia.
They always seem to top all of the lists as far as personal freedom and quality of life is concerned.
Why can't the gB aspire to the same post Brexit.
Oh yeah, I know.....

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #30772 on: Saturday, July 13, 2019, 19:45:36 »

Fuck off.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30773 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 12:35:22 »

The outrage over the article ‘next 007 to be a black woman’ at least read the article first.

If you’re a fan of the James Bond franchise you should know:

1. James Bond walked off at the end of the last film
2. It’s been stated at the start of the new film he’s retired to Jamaica
3. There have been multiple 003s, 006s & 009s in the franchise so the double 0 numbers get reused.

So the black women has taken over a white mans job after retirement. So, yes technically the next 007 is a black woman but they haven’t changed James Bond into a black woman.

If I retired and a black women took my job that doesn’t mean I’ve turned into a black woman.

How this goes long term I don’t know. Will James Bond retire & the franchise star the next 007. Will they be co workers and thus both star. Will they go down the Marvel route & create a Universe & alternate a Bond film & a ‘her’ film.

I imagine the former and rather than recast James Bond & ignore time as such and  they’ll keep recasting 007

« Last Edit: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 12:36:59 by DV Canio » Logged
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #30774 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 12:43:34 »

The outrage over the article ‘next 007 to be a black woman’ at least read the article first.

If you’re a fan of the James Bond franchise you should know:

1. James Bond walked off at the end of the last film
2. It’s been stated at the start of the new film he’s retired to Jamaica
3. There have been multiple 003s, 006s & 009s in the franchise so the double 0 numbers get reused.

So the black women has taken over a white mans job after retirement. So, yes technically the next 007 is a black woman but they haven’t changed James Bond into a black woman.

If I retired and a black women took my job that doesn’t mean I’ve turned into a black woman.

How this goes long term I don’t know. Will James Bond retire & the franchise star the next 007. Will they be co workers and thus both star. Will they go down the Marvel route & create a Universe & alternate a Bond film & a ‘her’ film.

I imagine the former and rather than recast James Bond & ignore time as such and  they’ll keep recasting 007

Why not go full PC, and piss off the outraged even further, by making her gay as well......?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30775 on: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 13:09:26 »

Save gay for the 007...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30776 on: Monday, July 15, 2019, 19:55:57 »

A couple of trivial things that have irked me this morning.

I am seeing more and more adults riding little scooters about.
This mildly annoys me. Buy a bike.

People that wish their partners a "happy anniversary" on Facebook.
She's probably sat next to you on the couch, just tell her in person.

Attention seeking cunts.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-london-48973968

This happened literally metres up the road from me. It was only a matter of time before this happened. So dangerous!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
REDBUCK

« Reply #30777 on: Monday, July 15, 2019, 22:34:14 »

So much for the lifestyle advice
Panda Paws

« Reply #30778 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 08:09:50 »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-london-48973968

This happened literally metres up the road from me. It was only a matter of time before this happened. So dangerous!

Such a tragedy. I know Emily and her partner. Used to see her zipping around on her scooter.

Scooters and the like will be an important part of the public transport mix, and should be too as we're all encouraged to drive less, but the technology is so far ahead of legislation that it's so dangerous right now.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30779 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 08:26:18 »

Scooters and the like will be an important part of the public transport mix, and should be too as we're all encouraged to drive less, but the technology is so far ahead of legislation that it's so dangerous right now.

Indeed, its the same with E Bikes, there is somewhere (it might be RoI but that depends on my memory) where E Bikes should not even be on the road as there is nowhere in legislation to legislate them, things need to catch up first as the motor cars days in big cities are numbered.
Pages: 1 ... 2049 2050 2051 [2052] 2053 2054 2055 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: