Pages: 1 ... 2047 2048 2049 [2050] 2051 2052 2053 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048448 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30735 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 09:55:13 »

Seem like reasonable names to me.... https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-trolled-naming-kids-tiamarie-17996343
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30736 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:13:12 »

She should consider herself lucky she was kicked out of a 'spoons, horrible places!

I really hope she is taking the piss, the fact that the manager of the pub seemed to know nowt about it suggests that she has gone bleating to the paper seeking attention!
It's bad enough not knowing who she was, after appearing on one episode of Come Dine With Me, the go-to show for gastronomes everywhere, who would then naturally flock to Wetherspoons to eat. But to add insult to injury staff also didn't recognise her dog even though "Boris is another familiar face to viewers. He appeared on TV in last year’s Petplan adverts." It's an outrage!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30737 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:15:32 »

She should consider herself lucky she was kicked out of a 'spoons, horrible places!

How dare you. Wash your mouth out.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #30738 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:18:09 »

How dare you. Wash your mouth out.  Smiley

It might just be up here but unless you want a warm pint at 9am with the added tension of it possibly kicking off any minute and have no taste buds I cannot see anything to recommend them.

Unless obviously its a 5am airport pint! 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30739 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:23:50 »

The spoons in Bournemouth is fantastic
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #30740 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:30:58 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17765876.come-dine-stars-booted-wetherspoons-pub-savoy/

Is this woman for real? 'Jane who has also appeared on OAPs Behaving Badly, said: “As I am a reality TV star it was disgusting the way we were treated."

She's been on Come Dine with Me and she thinks she is a reality TV star? 

The no dogs is sign is clearly visible in that outside shot photo too Cheesy
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30741 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:34:56 »

It might just be up here but unless you want a warm pint at 9am with the added tension of it possibly kicking off any minute and have no taste buds I cannot see anything to recommend them.

Unless obviously its a 5am airport pint! 

Yes there are some where the beer is poorly kept, the staff and punters are surly and the tables don't get cleared away regularly.

All good fun.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30742 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:35:57 »

I can remember when the first 'spoons opened in Swindon.  It was like the dawning of a new age.  First pub (I think) to open in the centre of Swindon for years, swiftly followed by about 20 others opening in the following 12 months down the other end of the pedestrian precinct.  It all seemed so shiny and new, and weird...because until a few yrs earlier it had been the only cinema in town.

You wouldn't catch me in there now, though.  I've gone right off warm, flat beer and I'm probably not enough of a true English patriot.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #30743 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 10:44:12 »

I can remember when the first 'spoons opened in Swindon.  It was like the dawning of a new age.  First pub (I think) to open in the centre of Swindon for years, swiftly followed by about 20 others opening in the following 12 months down the other end of the pedestrian precinct.  It all seemed so shiny and new, and weird...because until a few yrs earlier it had been the only cinema in town.

You wouldn't catch me in there now, though.  I've gone right off warm, flat beer and I'm probably not enough of a true English patriot.

That's the thing, the two I used to frequent regularly in Workington and Lancaster opened to a bit of  a fanfare, were nicely converted and the beer was cheap and Ok whilst the food was likewise and the two meals of a fiver meant we used to go there a lot after work on a Friday night before going out!. However in both cases after a while the beer got shitter, the food portions got smaller until they were little more than a kids portion and the clientele got rougher. I am not sure whether they spend money to entice people in and then it just goes to shit as a company policy.

The only one near us now is Kendal, and everytime I have been in there (always lunchtime) there has been some scroat (not the same one obviously) kicking off with the bar staff or trying to nick something!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30744 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 11:10:14 »

Wetherspoons is the Ryanair of the pub world.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #30745 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 11:34:59 »

Wetherspoons is the Ryanair of the pub world.

Exactly. Won't go there or fly them on principle. Nor buy anything Dyson.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30746 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 11:46:18 »

DEVIZES

For a small town it's a bit of a crossroad for some major routes, west to Bath/Bristol, South to Salisbury/Andover, North to Swindon and East to Marlborough A4 etc. Why oh why do they not build a ring road? It's ALWAYS congested, I'd dread to live there. It's a shame as it has some lovely features.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #30747 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 11:51:52 »

Used to kick off every night out at the Savoy back in the day. Get half cut on a 10-er 10/15 years ago. Carling was less than £1 a pint.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #30748 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 11:52:59 »

DEVIZES

For a small town it's a bit of a crossroad for some major routes, west to Bath/Bristol, South to Salisbury/Andover, North to Swindon and East to Marlborough A4 etc. Why oh why do they not build a ring road? It's ALWAYS congested, I'd dread to live there. It's a shame as it has some lovely features.

Not to mention an outstanding limerick.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30749 on: Friday, July 12, 2019, 12:07:30 »

"Sent to Devizes" was a phrase used to strike fear into people in my younger days.
Home of the Wiltshire County Lunatic Asylum as it was first called.
A lot of former work colleagues live in Devizes.

A Wadworths beer on draught anywhere is always a welcome sight.

Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 2047 2048 2049 [2050] 2051 2052 2053 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: