Pages: 1 ... 2040 2041 2042 [2043] 2044 2045 2046 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046945 times)
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #30630 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 20:44:03 »

Paul McCartney. God - what a tosser!!!!!!

No one kills a thread like me....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30631 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 20:47:18 »

what's he done now?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #30632 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 21:14:51 »

Apart from a degree (only 3 years though), none of those apply to me.

Still waiting on an inheritance that is currently unbeknownst to me though!

You'll be swimming in that podcast money soon enough!

Pete

Ignore
« Reply #30633 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 01:07:38 »

Another one, this time a neighbour problem. I have a large garden and it can be quite a job keeping on top of it. I've done my best and together with friends and a guy I hired, its tidy enough. However a small corner patch needs to be cleared. This is the next job on my garden list. However the neighbour who borders it has taken great exception to weeds growing under her fence. She has walked into my garden, uninvited, to accost me about it. She has now taken to accosting my friends, relations, visitors in fact anyone who turns up. She refuses to let me see the extent of weed incursion into her garden. I've  written a note asking her to stop trespassing on my drive and garden. How can I sort someone like that out? I'm happy to clear the weeds and i should add that I've been unwell, to the point of being disabled. I actually feel threatened by this crazy old bat.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #30634 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 07:01:29 »

If she is entering your land without permission then it is a police matter. Extreme yes. Will they do anything - probably not. That's the only option - I think.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #30635 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 07:14:07 »

Another one, this time a neighbour problem. I have a large garden and it can be quite a job keeping on top of it. I've done my best and together with friends and a guy I hired, its tidy enough. However a small corner patch needs to be cleared. This is the next job on my garden list. However the neighbour who borders it has taken great exception to weeds growing under her fence. She has walked into my garden, uninvited, to accost me about it. She has now taken to accosting my friends, relations, visitors in fact anyone who turns up. She refuses to let me see the extent of weed incursion into her garden. I've  written a note asking her to stop trespassing on my drive and garden. How can I sort someone like that out? I'm happy to clear the weeds and i should add that I've been unwell, to the point of being disabled. I actually feel threatened by this crazy old bat.

Firstly, no more correspondence. In an extreme turn of events it could be used against you. It is easy to say ignore her but I suggest you do. You don’t say how old this woman is or if she has a husband you could talk to or maybe her friends and or relatives? She could be suffering from mental illness so best tread carefully. Have you got a ladder you can put up against the fence to look over to see how bad this weed infestation is? Once yourside is clear of weeds and detritus, she should in theory have nothing to complain about. I cannot think of many weeds that would creep under your fence or travel through the soil into her garden other than coochgrass and bindweed. If you have neither of these then her side is likely to have airborne seeded weeds like dandelion etc.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #30636 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 07:16:58 »

If she is entering your land without permission then it is a police matter. Extreme yes. Will they do anything - probably not. That's the only option - I think.

Trespass is a civil matter. Police can't do anything.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30637 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 07:19:53 »

Trespass is a civil matter. Police can't do anything.
Not about the trespass per se, but if she is behaving in a threatening/hostile manner then that would come under public order law, most likely action likely to cause a breach of the peace, and they could ask her to leave/desist. Theoretically.
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #30638 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 09:23:38 »

Firstly, no more correspondence. In an extreme turn of events it could be used against you. It is easy to say ignore her but I suggest you do. You don’t say how old this woman is or if she has a husband you could talk to or maybe her friends and or relatives? She could be suffering from mental illness so best tread carefully. Have you got a ladder you can put up against the fence to look over to see how bad this weed infestation is? Once yourside is clear of weeds and detritus, she should in theory have nothing to complain about. I cannot think of many weeds that would creep under your fence or travel through the soil into her garden other than coochgrass and bindweed. If you have neither of these then her side is likely to have airborne seeded weeds like dandelion etc.

Thanks for all your answers. I've contacted a gardener friend who will come and do it next week. I've got Rosate weedkiller and a sprayer, my injury is on the mend and I should be able to keep on top of it.

She is an elderly widow and behaves like a scold. She has told me not to park cars on a certain part of my drive because she needs room to open her car door. She also drags her bins on my drive scattering stones everywhere. I already do my best to ignore her.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30639 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 10:13:40 »

Ah, one of those.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #30640 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 10:34:17 »

Put some bear traps down.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #30641 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 10:36:56 »

Great neighbours where I live, except one. Yep the cunt next door.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #30642 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 10:39:19 »

I expect they feel the same
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #30643 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 10:39:50 »

Same here  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30644 on: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 10:46:42 »

The only problem with neighbours we have is one built a gazebo at the end of their garden, right next to our fence.

No problem with that, as it doesn't block light.

What annoys me is when they put the TV in it or have (shit) music on in it, its fairly close to our living room and so you get it bleeding in when you have windows patio open in the summer. Also I don't want to listen to that while in the garden.

Just a lack of consideration for neighbours. Probably the same in most neighbourhoods.

And yeah,we are guilty of not politely complaining enough.
Pages: 1 ... 2040 2041 2042 [2043] 2044 2045 2046 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: