Pages: 1 ... 2033 2034 2035 [2036] 2037 2038 2039 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048410 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30525 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 00:38:04 »

Am I missing something here? The Bank Holiday has been changed from the Monday to the previous Friday and they’re moaning it will ruin their wedding which is on the fucking Sunday anyway.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30526 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 10:20:47 »

Am I missing something here? The Bank Holiday has been changed from the Monday to the previous Friday and they’re moaning it will ruin their wedding which is on the fucking Sunday anyway.

I assume its because they were banking on the Monday being a BH so people did not have to go to work the day after the wedding, I know at ours as I am from darn south all my side had to travel and stay over and the vast majority including bride ad groom were in no state to drive or in fact work the day after!
Whatever one thinks about it, its very shit that its only come to light with such short bloody notice, I have read elsewhere of music festival organisers having big problems as stuff has to be booked ages in advance. Its almost like we have a government that is desperate to appeal to all nationalist tendencies to hide other failings.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #30527 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 10:40:51 »

As horlock mentioned, im guessing guests had banked (get it) on the Monday to travel back home or just generally nurse hangovers. That's said, Its 11 months away. Plenty of time for guests to make arrangements. For some it might not be possible if they have kids at school but to say 80 of the 100 guests now wont make it is just an over reaction.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30528 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 10:46:48 »

Maybe they could change it to the Friday?  Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #30529 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 10:47:44 »

Completely get why they're pissed off. Completely don't get why it's receiving any sort of national media coverage.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30530 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 11:57:08 »

What about the stupid wedding ruining our weekend full stop.    Pissed off with hearing about it already.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30531 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:26:29 »

It's 11 months away for fucks sake, just get on with a new plan.  There's a fair chance one of you will have an affair before then anyway, based on the attention seeking need this has underscored.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #30532 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:46:48 »

It's 11 months away for fucks sake, just get on with a new plan.  There's a fair chance one of you will have an affair before then anyway, based on the attention seeking need this has underscored.

11 months, have you ever arranged a wedding in the UK, we had to book 2 years in advance to get the venue and reception venue wee wanted and even then we had to change the date from the one we first chose.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #30533 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:48:48 »

Bloody decorating, we have now done the Kitchen, Living Room and 3 bedrooms (nearly) since November, only Hall and Porch to go!

What is it with bloody woodchip wall paper a complete arse to strip off, I understand it on older houses where the plaster was crap but this is pretty pristine once you get the 4 layers of paint and then paper off!

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #30534 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 13:06:10 »

Bloody decorating, we have now done the Kitchen, Living Room and 3 bedrooms (nearly) since November, only Hall and Porch to go!

What is it with bloody woodchip wall paper a complete arse to strip off, I understand it on older houses where the plaster was crap but this is pretty pristine once you get the 4 layers of paint and then paper off!

Hate painting. Luckily the wife doesn't mind it. I'll normally do the  inner bit but leave the edging and borders to her.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #30535 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 13:21:47 »

Hate painting. Luckily the wife doesn't mind it. I'll normally do the  inner bit but leave the edging and borders to her.

TBF the wife has done a lot more than me because a) she hates it slightly less than me, b) she is neater than me and c) she doesn't trust me to do it 'right'!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30536 on: Monday, June 10, 2019, 14:15:21 »

I get what they are complaining about (not sure its particularly national newsworthy), but I think they underestimate how much effort people make going to weddings. (if the people they invite even like them I guess)

We had our wedding on the 30th December, in Galway which was a gamble both because of the time of the year, the distance a lot of our guests had to travel, and as it turned out there was a fuck off storm causing travel chaos.

In the end, only 1 person that we were expecting to come, didn't, and we had a great time.

As others have said, there is enough time for people to make alternate plans, I hardly think 80 of the 100 people aren't going to bother, i'm sure they will make the effort.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30537 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 05:36:39 »

We’ve had a stray cat come into our house - well, onto the patio - and, despite my warnings, Mrs Audrey insisted we fed and watered it. Surprise, it is now a regular.

Our greyhound wants to kill it.

Women, will they ever learn?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30538 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 20:43:58 »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/may/22/arcadia-shops-set-for-closure-under-philips-greens-topshop-dorothy-perkins-rescue-plan-full-list

More big holes in the town centre then. Soon there'll be nothing left but charity shops and a branch of Costa Coffee every 5 yards
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30539 on: Thursday, June 13, 2019, 01:00:20 »

But the virtual High Street is thriving, time to let the rel one go and come up with something new, or even something old we can revert to.
Pages: 1 ... 2033 2034 2035 [2036] 2037 2038 2039 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: