Pages: 1 ... 1989 1990 1991 [1992] 1993 1994 1995 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047769 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29865 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 15:01:03 »

Huh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47211111
Flashheart

« Reply #29866 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 15:23:23 »

Ridiculous

I had somebody try to tell me the other day that America Indians were bigoted because they wore blackface (war paint)

Wait. "American Indians". I can say that, can't I?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29867 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 15:25:06 »

Wait. "American Indians". I can say that, can't I?
Apparently not! Native American is the name of choice Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #29868 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 15:27:05 »

Damn me and my rampant racism.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #29869 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 18:04:18 »

I shared the Katy Perry story at lunch in the staff room and a lady couldn't understand why white people were complaining about a gollywog in a shop display somewhere else. "They're perfectly able of complaining themselves!"

We've talked about his kind of thing before and her go-to point is that she is married to an African chap and has kids with him! They all live in Zimbabwe and she's here, always.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #29870 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 18:04:58 »

Apparently not! Native American is the name of choice Cheesy

Isn't it 'First Nations'?

Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29871 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 18:09:21 »

Own a Coachouse (freehold). Two of the garages are leased to neighbours on a leasehold basis - terms of the lease state garages can only be used for storing a car or inanimate objects. No animals, no alterations to the garage in any way. All standard, boilerplate stuff.

New neighbours have moved in and cut a cat flap into their garage door.

Now I have all rights to have them replace it and pay for it in full, but it’s aggro I could do without. I’ve not even introduced myself to them yet

Things get better but they never get good
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #29872 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 18:11:20 »

I am surprised nobody has voiced their offence at the phrase 'blackface', given how offended people seem to be by everything these days.

I come from a land down-under
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29873 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 10:03:57 »

My fellow Parents....

We went to some inter school thing last night with loads of kids from local schools singing at the local theatre, on a positive note it was a really nice evening and the kids did fantastic, so I am a very proud dad this morning, the little 'un did great.

However, as is the norm at the start the lass running it went through the normal request that people not take photo's or film due to safeguarding and the fact that not all parents want pictures of their kids taken or splashed all over the place. Lights go down and immediately a plethora of screens light up round the theatre as various parents start filming, the kids don't have a chance....

And don't get me started on the traffic chaos at pick up time with cars all over pavements and blocking lanes of the roads everywhere, if the next generation grow up with spatial awareness it will be little thanks to many of the present!

Anyway concentrate on the positives.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29874 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 10:07:54 »

My fellow Parents....

We went to some inter school thing last night with loads of kids from local schools singing at the local theatre, on a positive note it was a really nice evening and the kids did fantastic, so I am a very proud dad this morning, the little 'un did great.

However, as is the norm at the start the lass running it went through the normal request that people not take photo's or film due to safeguarding and the fact that not all parents want pictures of their kids taken or splashed all over the place. Lights go down and immediately a plethora of screens light up round the theatre as various parents start filming, the kids don't have a chance....

And don't get me started on the traffic chaos at pick up time with cars all over pavements and blocking lanes of the roads everywhere, if the next generation grow up with spatial awareness it will be little thanks to many of the present!

Anyway concentrate on the positives.
My kids school don't go as far as banning taking pictures but they do stress that they are not to be posted on social media. I know its hard to police but i think most parents at my kids school have more than 1 brain cell.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29875 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 10:10:37 »

On a similar note i have a friend who's child is now 2 and half, maybe 3 and to this day she has not posted one photo of him on social media.
Originally she kept getting pestered about it, but hes reply was, "If you are my friend and you want to see my baby, then come and see us." Which is fair enough.
There are obviously more secure ways to send photos to those that are further away so fair play for not wanting photos of her kid splashed around facebook.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29876 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 10:12:59 »

My kids school don't go as far as banning taking pictures but they do stress that they are not to be posted on social media. I know its hard to police but i think most parents at my kids school have more than 1 brain cell.

I think every school does it differently in our case we are asked each year if we mind the kids being pictured by the school for social media and promotional stuff and if you say you rather they were not they are taken out of the pictures, plus as you say the normal common sense stuff about social media, its a bleeding minefield. It was more to do with the fact that the lass made the request and literally less than 30 seconds later loads of parents just ignored her!
Flashheart

« Reply #29877 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 10:26:27 »

Similarly, my (pub) landlord had to have a word with a patron taking videos of people in the pub the other night. No kids involved but, still, nobody was asked permission before being filmed. The culprit had a bit of a strop afterwards as well but strop away. People just go for a drink, not to find themselves plastered all over social media.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29878 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 11:32:21 »

Are you an emotional person?

I’ve found as I’ve got older the more emotional I’ve got. Don’t understand it. Is it an age thing?

Sometimes I feel like I could burst into tears at the drop of a hat.

Boo, fucking, hoo!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29879 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 11:46:54 »

Are you an emotional person?

I’ve found as I’ve got older the more emotional I’ve got. Don’t understand it. Is it an age thing?

Sometimes I feel like I could burst into tears at the drop of a hat.

Boo, fucking, hoo!

If you are a chap of a certain age, then it's likely you were brought up to have a stiff upper lip. 

It's all change now though, and not necessarily for the better..... I blame Italia 90 and Gazza.... somehow his blubbing as he realised his own stupidity in getting carded, so would miss a theoretical next match. a wholly selfish act, was more in keeping with the times than Lineker's measured response, in thinking of the team.

Subsequently we see Lineker who has a something of a stiff upper lip, being excoriated by Brexiteers and those on the right....whilst someone like Johnson who is more Gazza style emotional gets lauded.

I suppose the whole Diana thing might have had something to do with it..... but this is a football forum for spouting bollocks.
Pages: 1 ... 1989 1990 1991 [1992] 1993 1994 1995 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: