Pages: 1 ... 1935 1936 1937 [1938] 1939 1940 1941 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046974 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29055 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 19:00:42 »

Did he play for Spurs?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29056 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 19:16:40 »

For some reason I’m watching a 1986 rerun of Top of the Pops.

I know I liked a drink in the 80s but I really have absolutely no recollection of so many songs/singers.

Nu Shooz, Falco, Pete Wylie. Who were these people?

Earlier in the year, I got into watching old TotP on i-player... seemed to be a run of early 80's and mid 80's simultaneously, the great thing with i-player was the chance just to fast forward through the shite and pick out the good bits. There would be usually a couple of decent tunes, and perhaps some curiosities, which might be useful in music rounds in quizzes.  Also might stumble on something which completely missed first time round, like The Associates.

There's probably a whole treasure trove of Savile fronted progs which the Beeb chose not to show.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29057 on: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 19:18:19 »

One for aude

Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #29058 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 00:20:49 »

Wow chunky.

You are so wrong it’s unbelievable.

Academies are a good thing. One they are classed as charities, run like businesses yes, but for a good reason. There are many teachers older than 35. It’s the work loads and pressures that teachers do not like. It’s the lack of respect from students that upsets a lot of them.
No worries Sippo - just giving my opinion.  It ain't right, it ain't wrong - its an opinion.

Here's a thing - there is a certain school in North Swindon (actually there are more than one but I like to point at this one cos I am a cunt  Cheesy) that has in the last 4 months "exited" 75% of the qualified teaching staff and replaced them with "Instructors" (i.e. non qualified teachers, TA's to whom they have said "here you go - a grand extra a year, do a teachers job for half the  salary…..")

And by the way - the ex-TA's who are now "teachers" (sorry - Instructors) are now realising they are completely out their depth - unqualified, inexperienced, incompetent (for the record - not their fault) - NOT THEIR FAULT!  Clever Acadamies saving money  - and forget the Charitable satus -someone somewhere is taking out a shed load of cash!  Take a look at how much the CEO of United Learning (an "Academy")-  earns a year - then tell me someone aint taking a shed load out...

No one kills a thread like me....
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #29059 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 00:46:32 »

And to save looking it up....

2 employees of United Learning pulled out north of £150k last year (Its on t'internet).  Our glorious PM - who is running this country so fucking well - pulled £151,451. Riddle me that - especially as Academies are funded by public money.

Yes - the PM is shite -but she earns less than the cunts who are raping our education system and fucking our kids futures…..!

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #29060 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 06:55:52 »

That must be a one off. I have never heard of that. Our CEO is on a third of that - which is still a lot!

The issue schools have is employment. It is so difficult to employ teaching staff.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29061 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 07:52:57 »

That must be a one off. I have never heard of that. Our CEO is on a third of that - which is still a lot!

50K for running an academy sounds ridiculously low to me. Especially if more than one school is involved.

edit: OK its 61K for Academy principles (on average). More like it.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 5, 2018, 07:58:44 by Batch » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #29062 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 08:31:13 »

Think you are confused. You have the CEO which is different to an executive head. The executive is the highest and is on around £80k. The CEO, of the 'admin' side, is £50k ish.

Each MAT school still has their own headteacher on a decent salary.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29063 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 08:40:47 »

You're right, I am.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29064 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 08:50:19 »

The issue schools have is employment. It is so difficult to employ teaching staff.

Because teachers are grossly underpaid, because it’s not in the shareholders interests to pay them more.

Things get better but they never get good
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #29065 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 08:54:01 »

Because teachers are grossly underpaid, because it’s not in the shareholders interests to pay them more.

It's not just teachers. It also includes TA's and Support staff.

Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #29066 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 17:42:33 »

Apologies for the confusion - I am talking about the parasites who run the Academy Businesses Charities, not the teachers/Heads etc in the schools

If I was any good I would take a cut and paste from the Companies House website but I am IT illiterate - in 2017 United Learning (they run, amongst others, Swindon Academy and Nova Hreod Academy) posted accounts at Companies House showing 20 staff on over £100k, and 2 on £150-£160k

I will stop ranting now - just glad not to have killed a thread for a change

* Capture 1.PNG (67.13 KB, 690x419 - viewed 78 times.)

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #29067 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 18:50:30 »

I have never heard of that trust. That is too big and run like a business.

Our MAT is 8 schools, looking to increase to about 15. All local.

That united one isn’t the norm.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #29068 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 18:54:54 »

Our head has just announced he's off to St. John's (Marlborough). Shame as he's done a good job, and I fear that the interim period of finding a new head will be...tricky. And then of course, you never know what you'll end up with instead.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #29069 on: Friday, October 5, 2018, 19:16:17 »

Our head has just announced he's off to St. John's (Marlborough). Shame as he's done a good job, and I fear that the interim period of finding a new head will be...tricky. And then of course, you never know what you'll end up with instead.

To leave mid academic year seems a bit strange unless he is leaving end of the year?

Pages: 1 ... 1935 1936 1937 [1938] 1939 1940 1941 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: