Pages: 1 ... 1931 1932 1933 [1934] 1935 1936 1937 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046779 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28995 on: Saturday, September 22, 2018, 08:00:56 »

I assume artisan crisps.....

rather than Smiths with a blue bag of salt...hand twisted not machine sealed.

You never know... I'm not sure Yeovil have ever gone into a Wilts/Glos/Somerset mini league game with such favouritism.... I'm more concerned by the lack of debate about routes from Swindon to Huish Park.... look at this lovely thread from less than a year ago...

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=57181.0

I suppose the zeitgeist precludes debate.

Pipers. Not sure if they think Artisan of their product.
Anyway, Wild Thyme and Rosemary from the Atlas Mountains apparently.

M4/M5 today. Every other route is way too complicated for me.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28996 on: Monday, September 24, 2018, 09:51:26 »

I don't know what floor polish they use at my local supermarket, but my trainers sounded like I had a dozen mice attached to them  Embarrassed
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #28997 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 11:13:06 »

One of my friends on Facebook, who I gave too much credit for having a brain wrote this as her status earlier....

How in date does your passport need to be to travel in Europe?

Not exactly rocket surgery is it.....the duration of your trip, duh.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28998 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 11:14:55 »

Some countries require minimum of 6 months from date of travel.
Flashheart

« Reply #28999 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 11:17:32 »

It's 6 months usually. Many places won't let you enter on a passport that has left than 6 months left, or something like that.

I don't know about France specifically but it would be best to check first. I suspect it would be more lax considering we're in the EU (for now). It's not as daft a question as it might first appear. What is daft is that she could have just googled it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29000 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 11:33:37 »

Some countries require minimum of 6 months from date of travel.
Only outside of europe. I am aware of the possible problem outside of the EU but her posts specified in europe.

Passports for British citizens are valid for travel to any EU country up to and including the passport expiry date. Some countries outside of the EU require a British passport to have a certain period of validity left on it, such as 6 months, or blank pages. Please visit the Gov.uk website for advice by country.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 11:36:37 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #29001 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 11:34:40 »

What is daft is that she could have just googled it.
Don't you know that a lot of people only use Google to find pictures fo funny cats?

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29002 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 11:50:59 »

ive always been pissed off at all the ‘good food, bad food’ stories the papers seem to love.

But the latest ‘don’t eat fish’ because of the chance of ingesting excess mercury is downright twattish.

Most people read the headline and that’s enough to get them worried, but read through and it actually says don’t eat swordfish, shark or marlin more than once a week.

Who the fuck would eat that once a year!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29003 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 11:56:18 »

Most people read the headline and that’s enough to get them worried, but read through and it actually says don’t eat swordfish, shark or marlin more than once a week.

Who the fuck would eat that once a year!
I agree, who the fuck would "eat the aquarium"?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29004 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 14:30:07 »

Only outside of europe. I am aware of the possible problem outside of the EU but her posts specified in europe.

One of the things recently flagged up about the likely no deal Brexit, is that EU countries will fall into the 6 month expiry for British passports, perhaps, given that it's just about 6 months til we get to find out if the country will grind to a halt, it caused some confusion.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29005 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 14:37:40 »

One of the things recently flagged up about the likely no deal Brexit, is that EU countries will fall into the 6 month expiry for British passports, perhaps, given that it's just about 6 months til we get to find out if the country will grind to a halt, it caused some confusion.
No shes just stupid Smiley we planned on driving to France again next year but with the Brexit turmoil we have decided to put it back another year until the water settles.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29006 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 14:43:24 »

Don't you know that a lot of people only use Google to find pictures fo funny cats?

Google is 20 years old about now.  I remember being down the pub, talking about surfing the net etc and a mate said "have you tried this new search engine?" "No", says I, "but I'll give it a go when I get home"

It's a funny old thing, as I used to spend hours down the old ref, rooting about in books like Victoria County History... a variety of local history books and maps locked away in the local studies room, to which you could get access if a good boy.

Further, obscure STFC stuff could be found on the Adver microfilm archive... the internet and using Google to access it certainly made it a whole lot easier and quicker to get to facts.... however you still can't beat the tactile experience of a good old book, map, collection of pics etc
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29007 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 14:51:47 »

Back in the 70s I used to spend half my summer school holidays in the reference library, sad I know!

I love Google but back when I first got my modem (US Robotics 33.600k I will have to know, top of the range stuff!) back in 1996 I always used to use Hotbot for searching and I had no idea it was still around, going through the AOL servers, how things have changed, almost all for the better when it comes to computers.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29008 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 15:01:15 »

No shes just stupid Smiley we planned on driving to France again next year but with the Brexit turmoil we have decided to put it back another year until the water settles.
My son and his family have just bought a holiday home in Kefalonia - I tried to dissuade him until after Brexit but he was having none of it.

I have a nagging feeling they may well make it permanent - they’ve already asked if we’d fancy moving out there (which I don’t, really). I’d be gutted if I only got to see my grandson on a ‘holiday’ basis as we look after him 2 days a week at the moment.

We wouldn’t really have a leg to stand on if they did move after we left for Ireland for 10 years.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29009 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 15:31:23 »

My son and his family have just bought a holiday home in Kefalonia - I tried to dissuade him until after Brexit but he was having none of it.

I have a nagging feeling they may well make it permanent - they’ve already asked if we’d fancy moving out there (which I don’t, really). I’d be gutted if I only got to see my grandson on a ‘holiday’ basis as we look after him 2 days a week at the moment.

We wouldn’t really have a leg to stand on if they did move after we left for Ireland for 10 years.
Long distance grandparenting is difficult at times, I live 100 miles from my granddaughter and probably on get to see her 4 or 5 times a year max but Facebook video is excellent for bridging the gap.

Saying that it would be less if they lived abroad for financial reasons if nothing else.

I hope for your sake they don't move there full time and I agree with your concerns in buying property there short term, its not great at the moment with the whole not knowing what will happen yet.

Pages: 1 ... 1931 1932 1933 [1934] 1935 1936 1937 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: