Pages: 1 ... 1915 1916 1917 [1918] 1919 1920 1921 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047302 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28755 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 15:56:21 »

I'm liking the current outrage on increasing levels of dog meat consumption in the UK.

Chomping away on chickens, ducks, sheep, pigs and cattle is of course fine to carry on with.

Don't forget the bunnies, deer and geese and a range of game birds.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28756 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 16:21:54 »

Don't forget the bunnies, deer and geese and a range of game birds.

Yes. For omnivores, we eat an awful lot of meat.

The Americans have made a bit of an effort to protect man's best friend from the dinner table.

Stopping their citizens from killing each other with legally registered firearms has proven to be a bit more problematic.

Maybe once they have all killed each other off, then Europe could send all of those nasty horrible migrants there to repopulate the continent.

Then Britain could exert her colonial rights once more and be Great again. Job done.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
REDBUCK

« Reply #28757 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 16:43:27 »

Why are old people so fucking miserable? I walk the dog every day, pass numerous people who I always acknowledge with a ‘Good morning’ or ‘How you doing’ expecting nothing more than a similar retort and, maybe, a smile.

Which is normally the case apart from the old fuckers. They either completely fail to register that I’ve spoken to them or mutter something under their breath.

I realise they are knock knock knocking on heaven’s door but is it such an effort to say ‘Hello’. They bang on about how nobody visits them and how lonely they are. Not fucking surprised the miserable old gits.

Self centered dog walkers who think the world revolves around them and need other people to notice them on an hourly basis.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28758 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 17:38:35 »

I'm liking the current outrage on increasing levels of dog meat consumption in the UK.

Chomping away on chickens, ducks, sheep, pigs and cattle is of course fine to carry on with.
I actually agree.

I'd not eat a dog by choice, but I've eaten horse. What's the difference (morally)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28759 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 18:05:05 »

I actually agree.

I'd not eat a dog by choice, but I've eaten horse. What's the difference (morally)

None, but I can see why people might demur as far as dogs are concerned.

Choice. If the processing and supply chain are all according to regs, then why not.

There might come a time when polishing off fido or tiddles is the only option left.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28760 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 18:53:58 »

None, but I can see why people might demur as far as dogs are concerned.

Choice. If the processing and supply chain are all according to regs, then why not.

There might come a time when polishing off fido or tiddles is the only option left.

It's increasingly a dog eat dog world...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28761 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 22:08:41 »

It's increasingly a dog eat dog world...

It's widely predicated that ants might become a staple part of our diet one day.

Possibly too late by then for Stuart Goddard to make yet another come back.

Crap!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #28762 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 22:19:24 »

I enjoyed Valencia. Mix of old and new and a massive beach if you enjoy that kind of thing.

Can vouch for that. As you know BO

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28763 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 22:23:35 »

It's widely predicated that ants might become a staple part of our diet one day.

Possibly too late by then for Stuart Goddard to make yet another come back.

The idea of insects becoming a food staple, has gone out of the window, like an encouraged bluebottle, when was the last time you saw one.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jun/17/where-have-insects-gone-climate-change-population-decline

I like the fact that as a struggling band Marco Pirroni who was an Ant had a word with Malcolm McClaren, about the key to success.... McClaren gave him a tape of Burundi drummers, and the rest is history

These are the sort of boys who after Brexit won't be getting into the UK for Womad... as happened for several acts this year.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #28764 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 22:40:22 »

I’m popping into Granada - no, not the old TV rental place - to go see the Alhambra palace in September.

Don't want to sound like a Sally six shits but Granada is also quite lovely. I don't know if you've been before but the smells of baked saffron and jasmine is enough for the senses but if you get chance, visit the side opposite the Alhambra (basically Sacrómonte), up in the tops of the hillside. There are the gypsy caves and you also get an awesome view of the incredibly imposing Alhambra. The Palace itself is amazing but, a great photo opp of it if you go the other side.

I was also lucky, as I was coming back down, I saw a bunch of schoolchildren being taught Flamenco by the most gorgeous yet don't-fuck-with-me attitude of a woman. Bloody awesome. Enjoy mate!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #28765 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 22:56:51 »

Insect bites. I'm a walking buffet for the little shites, currently got a nice swollen bite on the back of my leg starting to blister up. Got bitten on the knee by a horsefly at Castle Combe a few weeks back, still hurts now. Pricks.

It burst, 2 others showed up, they burst, then another two have appeared. The burst ones are still fucking weeping, despite my best efforts to stop the bastard things. Think my left leg has the bad aids.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28766 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 12:02:16 »

What a tit:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/08/08/man-quits-job-spell-stop-brexit-across-europe-gps-tracker/

(Nothing to do with whatever anyone's views on Brexit, just completely pointless expensive gesture)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28767 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 12:10:36 »

To be fair it looks like he wanted to go round Europe anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28768 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 12:20:37 »

Being told that my running days are almost certainly over due to patellofemoral osteoarthritis.

Gutted beyond belief.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28769 on: Thursday, August 9, 2018, 12:24:11 »

Being told that my running days are almost certainly over due to patellofemoral osteoarthritis.

Gutted beyond belief.

Ooh that's tough Batch. I'd say try to find another exercise focus as quickly as you can.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 1915 1916 1917 [1918] 1919 1920 1921 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: