Pages: 1 ... 1914 1915 1916 [1917] 1918 1919 1920 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046839 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28740 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 09:26:12 »

Urine is good for bites - preferably your own. It certainly did the business when my lad got jellyfished years ago.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28741 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 09:35:08 »

And the workers consistently fall for the populist appeals of the ruling class. There was a reason Marx said that the revolution would never happen in Britain.

I find it interesting that JR-M is referred to the Honorable Member for the 18th Century, as it was in the late 18th Century, that a serious agitation happened as a consequence of the French Revolution.  The ruling classes would employ "Church and King" mobs, to harrass not only free thinkers but also English Jacobins, then the courts would be used for trials on acts of sedition. Execution, imprisonnment or transportation to the penal colonies employed.

The Mail/Sun etc are the 21st Century equivalent of the mob.... the aim then as now Free Trade, backed up by war if anything gets in the way.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #28742 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 09:59:10 »

A rag and bone man has just gone down our street shouting for any old iron.  Welcome to the 70's.

Is this the state of our nation now?  A fairly prosperous place like Chippenham has Steptoe and Son wandering the streets?  Im not sure but its not really the sign of a nation thats doing well is it?  I suspect the pawn shops are doing a roaring trade.

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28743 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 10:03:06 »

A rag and bone man has just gone down our street shouting for any old iron.  Welcome to the 70's.

Is this the state of our nation now?  A fairly prosperous place like Chippenham has Steptoe and Son wandering the streets?  Im not sure but its not really the sign of a nation thats doing well is it?  I suspect the pawn shops are doing a roaring trade.

It's just recycling.... in fact a good thing, as it might mean less flytipping.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28744 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 10:43:43 »

At least they ask, round here if they see any metal laying around they just tend to take it.

Pawn shops are rivaling charity shops in revitilising the high street, meets a very sad demand.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28745 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 10:59:21 »

I think you can add on many decades before the seventies.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #28746 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 12:42:15 »

Urine is good for bites - preferably your own. It certainly did the business when my lad got jellyfished years ago.

It works on lots of ailments! Burned my fingers on a woodburner at Christmas and the only way I could sleep was by dipping them into a glass of my own.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28747 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 12:46:16 »

It works on lots of ailments! Burned my fingers on a woodburner at Christmas and the only way I could sleep was by dipping them into a glass of my own.

And are they now piss-stained?  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28748 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 14:20:50 »

People joining motorway junctions in average speed check areas, who think it's their right to pile into the outside lane as quickly as possible and then go nowhere slowly like everyone else.

The M42 junction with the M5 southbound.
Perfectly good lanes to filter into and stay there, so why look to change lane straightaway into fast moving traffic.

People who trundle along in the inside lane of motorways at just under 60, so forcing trucks to overtake them.

Rubber neckers / "onlookers".
Keep moving ffs.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #28749 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 14:36:15 »

People who have lack of respect for the dead.

Today I saw multiple drivers over taking and beeping a hearse.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #28750 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 14:41:29 »

People who have lack of respect for the dead.

Today I saw multiple drivers over taking and beeping a hearse.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28751 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 14:52:31 »

Why are old people so fucking miserable? I walk the dog every day, pass numerous people who I always acknowledge with a ‘Good morning’ or ‘How you doing’ expecting nothing more than a similar retort and, maybe, a smile.

Which is normally the case apart from the old fuckers. They either completely fail to register that I’ve spoken to them or mutter something under their breath.

I realise they are knock knock knocking on heaven’s door but is it such an effort to say ‘Hello’. They bang on about how nobody visits them and how lonely they are. Not fucking surprised the miserable old gits.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #28752 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 14:56:54 »

They're the fuckers who don't pick up their dog shit as well.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28753 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 15:14:26 »

Conversely, I also see lots of older people when out with my dog and they are universally lovely to both me and the dog. Maybe it's just you two? Cheesy
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28754 on: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 15:36:44 »

I'm liking the current outrage on increasing levels of dog meat consumption in the UK.

Chomping away on chickens, ducks, sheep, pigs and cattle is of course fine to carry on with.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 1914 1915 1916 [1917] 1918 1919 1920 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: