Pages: 1 ... 1888 1889 1890 [1891] 1892 1893 1894 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046704 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28350 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 16:48:58 »

that's fine in the bank hasn't it Audrey
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #28351 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 19:01:53 »

Fucking neighbours playing loud music. It’s sunday night, and trying to get the kids to bed is hard enough as it is especially with the heat. Why is it that when England play and the sun has been shining, the cunts come out.

Have some respect.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
REDBUCK

« Reply #28352 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 19:36:10 »

Commentators who assume we are going to get to the last 8. They need to be watching Columbia.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28353 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 19:38:58 »

Nothing special
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28354 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 09:19:45 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44599218

She also apparently doesn't understand that Monkey's and apes are different things....
Panda Paws

« Reply #28355 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 10:17:56 »

I'm usually anti all religion but I've been to church twice in 2 years including today and I'm starting to question myself as I got something from it both times. Maybe I'm looking for comfort or an answer, fuck knows. What I do know is that Stfc chaplain Simon Stevenette is a genuinely nice and decent bloke regardless. Head's gone to be honest.
It's annoying as I didn't ever see myself saying this.

I had to attend church regularly before getting married having been anti the whole idea my whole life, and I found the same. I think for me it was merely a sense of community, lots of nice people and an enjoyable hour out of the world. The actual sermons etc still went in one and out the other though.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #28356 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 10:46:10 »

I had to attend church regularly before getting married having been anti the whole idea my whole life, and I found the same. I think for me it was merely a sense of community, lots of nice people and an enjoyable hour out of the world. The actual sermons etc still went in one and out the other though.

I was brought up Catholic and went to Mass every week, I stopped going regularly when the kids came along but in recent years have started taking them.

Without getting into the whole atheist/theist debate I echo what Arriba and Panda say - sometimes the time spent gives a chance of quite reflection away from the strains and pace of modern life. 

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28357 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 10:48:41 »

We live in funny old times way beyond what most of us really understand in our day to day living...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-25/brexit-big-short-how-pollsters-helped-hedge-funds-beat-the-crash
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #28358 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 21:01:23 »

Had to call out Greenflag today. Stuck in a rural village in Oxfordshire. Car wouldn’t start or anything. Bloke came out, and he turned the key upside down and it started! Well cheesed off cos I tried all that.

Suspected key fob battery. So changed them, and see what happens! He said he had been to 5 battery issues today which was very unusual in this weather...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28359 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 09:03:18 »

Had to call out Greenflag today. Stuck in a rural village in Oxfordshire. Car wouldn’t start or anything. Bloke came out, and he turned the key upside down and it started! Well cheesed off cos I tried all that.

Suspected key fob battery. So changed them, and see what happens! He said he had been to 5 battery issues today which was very unusual in this weather...

I remember from my days in the caravan trade that warm weather can fuck batteries up as badly as cold weather! On a similar basis , our Polo hates starting in very hot weather which I believe is down to a common VAG fault with the temperature sensors getting confused when the engine gets hot yet thinks its cold starting and confuses the fuck out of the EMS!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28360 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 09:05:54 »

An acquaintance of mine has a new business idea that involves buying stuff which is under priced cheaply from charity shops and then flogging on for a profit via eBay.

It might just be me but it seems a bit morally dubious as its basically profiting from old ladies working in charity shops not knowing what stuff is really worth which if they did means the real value could go to the charity as the donor intended??

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28361 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 09:30:25 »

An acquaintance of mine has a new business idea that involves buying stuff which is under priced cheaply from charity shops and then flogging on for a profit via eBay.

It might just be me but it seems a bit morally dubious as its basically profiting from old ladies working in charity shops not knowing what stuff is really worth which if they did means the real value could go to the charity as the donor intended??

I shouldn’t worry to much for these reasons.
1) That individual is a number of years behind to loop on that one.
2) Some charity shops have staff who cream off those ‘valuable’ items before they hit the shop floor.
3) Charity shops are becoming wise to the value of stuff they take in and prices are dearer now than they used to be, thus less margin for ‘bargain hunters’ genuine or unscrupulous.
4) HMRC are getting and have been for a few years now looking at ‘traders’ using eBay for tax purposes. Unless your acquaintance has an actual business they might want to be a bit mindful of their exposure to scrutiny.
5) They’re unlikely to fall into being a bourgeois, capitalist Tory millionaire so you won’t need to dispise them 😂😂

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #28362 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 09:33:05 »

Car boots would probably be better?

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28363 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 09:41:10 »

Beggars belief that some people are so stupid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-44612282
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28364 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 10:02:42 »

Beggars belief that some people are so stupid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-44612282

There are some right numb nuts out there, although no idea why the BBC were saying that they had been there for 2 hours when the police tweets suggested half an hour.....
Pages: 1 ... 1888 1889 1890 [1891] 1892 1893 1894 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: