Pages: 1 ... 1882 1883 1884 [1885] 1886 1887 1888 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048521 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #28260 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 21:47:53 »

Well pissed off. Got A stone chip in my windscreen on way home from A lorry driving the opposite direction.

£25 to repair, £75 to replace. Coming out Sunday.

Can't you use the auto windscreens insurance 'injection gel' thingy? They'll usually do it for nowt on your insurance or £15 if you want it done without claims.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28261 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 22:56:47 »

Reminds me I need to sort one on mine. Got one 2 days into owning my car 🙄
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #28262 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 07:13:44 »

Can't you use the auto windscreens insurance 'injection gel' thingy? They'll usually do it for nowt on your insurance or £15 if you want it done without claims.

Not that I know. Depends on the insurance company I guess. I'm with admiral.

Doesn't affect claims bonus apparently.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #28263 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 13:35:20 »

It's been a shitty week so far for me.

I live in a condo building, and some cunt has decided to renovate their room. This means starting with fucking hammers and drills at 9AM. For a person that works from home and works later shifts, this is a problem. I think I've already lost a potentially lucrative and long term new client as a direct result.

Now I get that these things happen. The work has to be done at some point and it's not their fault I work from home etc. If anything, I'm the one being unsociable, except...

In order to save money, these people have employed only one person on the job. This will make it take longer than it needs to (at the inconvenience of myself and others). Also, they are only having the person work 3 1/2 hours a day. Again, making it take longer, and, again, at the inconvenience at myself and others.

They have a window from 9am to 4pm to work. So, I ask them, why not compromise and start at midday instead of 9am? They still get as much time to work, and others (mainly myself) get a few more hours kip in the morning. No, they say. The reason: The owner of the condo being worked on also lives in another condo in the same building and is home in the afternoons. They don't want the workers starting in the afternoon, because the owner doesn't want to be disturbed by the workers, that they are paying, to work on THEIR condo.

What a cunt.

And there's nothing I can do about it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28264 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 14:33:08 »

Danny Rose?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28265 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 14:47:18 »

Danny Rose?

The Mansfield Danny? 
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28266 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 14:57:09 »

The Mansfield Danny? 

Nah the Spurs one and specifically...

"It's no secret that I've been through a testing time at Tottenham this season," said Rose.

"It led to me seeing a psychologist and I was diagnosed with depression, which nobody knows about."

He added: "I haven't told my mum or my dad, and they are probably going to be really angry reading this, but I've kept it to myself until now."
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #28267 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 15:05:28 »

So a high profile figure, openly talking about mental health and how he has suffered depression due to injuries and his uncle taking his own life annoys you?

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28268 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 15:06:33 »

So a high profile figure, openly talking about mental health and how he has suffered depression due to injuries and his uncle taking his own life annoys you?

Yeah that will be it.....  Roll Eyes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28269 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 15:07:40 »

Nah the Spurs one and specifically...

"It's no secret that I've been through a testing time at Tottenham this season," said Rose.

"It led to me seeing a psychologist and I was diagnosed with depression, which nobody knows about."

He added: "I haven't told my mum or my dad, and they are probably going to be really angry reading this, but I've kept it to myself until now."

It's good that Danny is opening up, I'm not sure the younger generation do the stiff upper lip.  As regards his thing about asking his p's not to go the Russia because of racism, I'd imagine there would be a lot of support for the Engand side walking off.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #28270 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 15:07:46 »

Yeah that will be it.....  Roll Eyes

I genuinely don’t see what part of that quote annoys you? Not having a dig just interested.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #28271 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 15:20:09 »

I genuinely don’t see what part of that quote annoys you? Not having a dig just interested.

Its just the way he is presenting it like an excuse or some sort of secret to form the USP of a media interview, it pleases me hugely when players do open up about it but I just don't understand why you would not tell your parents and then reveal it in the media and make a point that they don't know (I understand the first part but not those following).... Seems odd to me but then again unlike a large proportion of social media users I don't consider myself to be an expert in depression (despite it affecting a close family member repeatedly).

Generally humans are just irritating me today, found out last night via Facebook that an old friend from the 'Shire (well not old she was the same age as me (40's)) has died, to be fair we have not spoken face to face for years but used to keep up to date online and the fucking griefathon on Facebook from people is pissing me off majorly - no excuse but I am fucking irritable (which she would have really appreciated!)!  

Oh and before any smart cunt says, this is not an 'alright hun' sort of post!  Wink
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 15:22:33 by horlock07 » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #28272 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 15:24:03 »

When I said I haven't been a fan of Danny Rose this season. I was basing it on his performances and lack of game time due to injury. I don't think he should have been included in the WC Squad.

Now we are more privy to him having a whole load of stuff going on in the background and pretty much that the England set up would be more aware of this than we were; I have to wonder why on earth Southgate picked the lad. He's going to be there as a physical body but mentally and emotionally he'll likely be adding to a likely already anxious state.

It could be a good environment, if the team are doing well but this is England at a WC and if he were to make a big mistake. It could be consequential and we all know our media won't hold back.

I didn't think he should go beforehand. I don't think he should go now.

'Incessant Nonsense'

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28273 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 15:26:05 »

2 Jocks on the telly who thought the Battle of Britain happened before Culloden.

Why do dumb fucks want to go on a quiz when they must know they are as thick as pig shit
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #28274 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 15:26:59 »

Oh and before any smart cunt says, this is not an 'alright hun' sort of post!  Wink

Sorry dude, you asked for it "U alrite hun?"

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 1882 1883 1884 [1885] 1886 1887 1888 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: