Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 1878 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046847 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28110 on: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 17:08:23 »

Just for a bit of interest I’ve had a bet on the Cup Final.

Both teams to score, both teams to get 4+ corners and Pogba to get carded

Not going too bad so far.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #28111 on: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 17:14:33 »

Or as exciting as a German comedy night  Smiley

Something that the royal family would know all about ;-)

I come from a land down-under
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #28112 on: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 17:27:09 »

Just for a bit of interest I’ve had a bet on the Cup Final.

Both teams to score, both teams to get 4+ corners and Pogba to get carded

Not going too bad so far.

Npt a bad shout. I need a Sanchez goal. I think Chelsea may struggle t get the 4 corners. Effectively if Arsenal can't unpick them all they have to do is soak up the play. Pogba likely but Herera slightly more so to get a Yellow.

Game getting more open now. An Arsenal goal would help your bet on all points.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28113 on: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 17:37:30 »

Unlikely Arsenal will score!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #28114 on: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 17:39:11 »

Unlikely Arsenal will score!

Pint Plenty of ex-Gunners on the pitch   Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28115 on: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 18:02:41 »

Just need Pogba to score a last minute goal, take his shirt off, get booked and my bet is up!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #28116 on: Saturday, May 19, 2018, 18:18:45 »

Just need Pogba to score a last minute goal, take his shirt off, get booked and my bet is up!

That probably should've been 0-0. Phil Jones with an awfully desperate tackle in the 1st half. Yes he was against the quick feet of Hazard but his tackle was all wrong. Chelsea held their line defensively, the ball never really quite fell for Man Utd. One main error and the cup is Chelsea's. Probably only just deservedly so.

Pick of the English players. Cahill probably sent a message to Southgate about a potential start. Smalling must wonder why Jones got picked over him. He was better than him. Lingard impresses and has flair but it was like playing in a team of strangers. Rashford is still a little too rash. Not quite ready on that performance. Young looked good, defensively and going forward. He apparently can't cross with his left foot though?

On that Cahill was the best of the bunch going to the World Cup for England. Would happily trade Jones out for Smalling though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28117 on: Sunday, May 20, 2018, 11:30:06 »

Mawkish family members, one threatening to engage a solicitor over my brothers estate and one desperately trying to work out whether it’s better to do probate themselves to try and save money but there is none, infact the estate will be insolvent and that’s with what we’ve uncovered so far. Oh and then quibbling about the cost of a wake because they are skint but it will legitimately come out of the estate if you employ a solicitor. 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #28118 on: Sunday, May 20, 2018, 11:57:02 »

On top of that my wife & I popped into a pub that was recommended to us for the wake. We liked it and had a conversation with a member of staff who identified themselves as being related to the landlady who was not there at the time about costs and menus. When I rang a few days later I had to leave my details with a staff member. When no phone back was clearly forth coming I rang them and spoke to the landlady. Mentioned i’d Left my details already. She then proceeded to get my name wrong twice. Then rebuked me when I told her what we were looking for based on the information given first hand a few days before. She claimed that the info about tea and coffee was wrong and also the menu option, I had it written down but hey ho. “We don’t do that” she said. I replied that according to her family memeber they did. “I should know” she said. “Ok, well that’s the info I was given”. “We have not done that for years”. “Really? So you do do it then?” “I don’t like your attitude” She said. “Pardon me? I’m ringing you to give you some business for a wake based on information I was given. I’m sorry your staff can’t get their I fomation right” I can’t remember what she then said but she clearly was on a roll and i’d Run out of patience “Tell you what. Your staff can not convey a simple request to phone me. You get my name wrong twice. You challenge me on the information I was given then accuse me of having an attitude? I’m not in the mood for this and it appears you do not want my business or are not bothered. So we’ll end this now and I will find somewhere else, thank you”. FFS.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28119 on: Sunday, May 20, 2018, 12:05:37 »

Was she French? That would explain it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28120 on: Sunday, May 20, 2018, 12:38:05 »

Poor old manatees, they deserve better.

Johnson is in Peru, trying to drum up a trade deal to replace the Brexit loss.  Peru's main crop seems to be coca leaves, so should be popular.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #28121 on: Sunday, May 20, 2018, 12:42:07 »

Was she French? That would explain it.
No, a product of this countries education system.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28122 on: Sunday, May 20, 2018, 17:30:08 »

On top of that my wife & I popped into a pub that was recommended to us for the wake. We liked it and had a conversation with a member of staff who identified themselves as being related to the landlady who was not there at the time about costs and menus. When I rang a few days later I had to leave my details with a staff member. When no phone back was clearly forth coming I rang them and spoke to the landlady. Mentioned i’d Left my details already. She then proceeded to get my name wrong twice. Then rebuked me when I told her what we were looking for based on the information given first hand a few days before. She claimed that the info about tea and coffee was wrong and also the menu option, I had it written down but hey ho. “We don’t do that” she said. I replied that according to her family memeber they did. “I should know” she said. “Ok, well that’s the info I was given”. “We have not done that for years”. “Really? So you do do it then?” “I don’t like your attitude” She said. “Pardon me? I’m ringing you to give you some business for a wake based on information I was given. I’m sorry your staff can’t get their I fomation right” I can’t remember what she then said but she clearly was on a roll and i’d Run out of patience “Tell you what. Your staff can not convey a simple request to phone me. You get my name wrong twice. You challenge me on the information I was given then accuse me of having an attitude? I’m not in the mood for this and it appears you do not want my business or are not bothered. So we’ll end this now and I will find somewhere else, thank you”. FFS.
That's shit and the last thing you need on top of everything else. You'd have thought the word "wake" might have acted as a bit of a clue that maybe some tact was required but apparently not. Some people are just fucking ignorant. Look at it this way - you've probably dodged a bullet in not booking there, they'd have done a shit job and then blamed you for it
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #28123 on: Sunday, May 20, 2018, 18:06:47 »

It is an Arkells pub, that’s all i’m prepared to say. Interestingly I phoned another Arkells pub less than a five minute drive away. We attended a birthday bash there in January, could not have been more helpful and understanding. £105.00 “I’m Sorry it’s not likely to be your biggest party ever” “Don’t worry love, it all helps pay the bills, see you on the day”. Fucking easy isn’t it?
woolster

« Reply #28124 on: Sunday, May 20, 2018, 20:57:41 »

It is an Arkells pub, that’s all i’m prepared to say. Interestingly I phoned another Arkells pub less than a five minute drive away. We attended a birthday bash there in January, could not have been more helpful and understanding. £105.00 “I’m Sorry it’s not likely to be your biggest party ever” “Don’t worry love, it all helps pay the bills, see you on the day”. Fucking easy isn’t it?
name the pub LL, wankers
Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 1878 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: