Pages: 1 ... 1870 1871 1872 [1873] 1874 1875 1876 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047370 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #28080 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 06:35:20 »

Delph can also play left back and has been in a squad of winners.

Wilshire on the other hand, hasn’t.
Delph has been decent for Man City this season, and as said above, can play left back too.

Wilshere is to injury prone and inconsistent to be considered unfortunately, great player on his day but that doesn’t happen enough.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #28081 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 13:08:30 »

Delph has been decent for Man City this season, and as said above, can play left back too.

Wilshere is to injury prone and inconsistent to be considered unfortunately, great player on his day but that doesn’t happen enough.

Agreed. It's almost like an England manager might be picking on merit more than name this time. GS has been criticised for some "same old, same old" selections, but he has introduce younger players. He hasn't been afraid to try out someone from an "unpopular team". Leaving JH and JW out is big calls and big indication that he's choosing a squad that;

a) should be pretty fit and match fit
b) generally a regular starter for their club

He'll prob go and include Rooney now i've said that!  Pint I think he'll include Walcott though, has played pretty well and bagged a few for Everton. Seeing as O-C is out, and yes he's been around the England set up while but he seemed revitalised and fresher this second half of the season, since joining the Toffees. Could do alright.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #28082 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 13:10:47 »

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Gary Cahill, Fabian Delph, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ashley Young.

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Forwards: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Jamie Vardy, Danny Welbeck.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28083 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 10:32:24 »

This could actually go in either thread as my sentiments are rather mixed....

I broadly agree with the sentiment behind this, but I don't think anyone is considering the effects its going to have on jobs and the high street.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44148285

The bookmakers have possibly over egged the argument but it is going to lead to closures of hundreds of betting shops all over the place, especially in secondary shopping streets and centres which are already struggling like hell with voids.

We did some work a few years back for some of the big boys and the only reason for the expansion of their estates was for these units as the law states there can only be 'x' no. in any store, thus they opened more stores, the majority of these will be nonviable with this law change and thus will close with the associated loss of jobs, rents and rates revenue and more ghost streets in towns.

No idea what the solution is but this is going to be a massive hit for retail once again, I look forward to the government imposing a limit on the amount one can spend in the pub and off-licence with interest.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #28084 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 10:42:26 »

[/quote]Surely bigger stakes mean bigger winnings = more tax for the government,    but don't worry,  the way fuel prices are going they will make it back on that,   Oh, of course and the sugar tax, the new alcohol tax and anything else they can think of to tax us on.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #28085 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 11:14:20 »

This could actually go in either thread as my sentiments are rather mixed....

I broadly agree with the sentiment behind this, but I don't think anyone is considering the effects its going to have on jobs and the high street.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44148285

The bookmakers have possibly over egged the argument but it is going to lead to closures of hundreds of betting shops all over the place, especially in secondary shopping streets and centres which are already struggling like hell with voids.

We did some work a few years back for some of the big boys and the only reason for the expansion of their estates was for these units as the law states there can only be 'x' no. in any store, thus they opened more stores, the majority of these will be nonviable with this law change and thus will close with the associated loss of jobs, rents and rates revenue and more ghost streets in towns.

No idea what the solution is but this is going to be a massive hit for retail once again, I look forward to the government imposing a limit on the amount one can spend in the pub and off-licence with interest.

I get that there will be job losses, but those jobs (and billions in profit) have come at the expenses of livelihoods and families. It’s truly detestable how unethically that money is made in my opinion.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #28086 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 11:24:44 »

As someone who has struggled (and still do) with gambling problems in the past I can see why it’s haopening. Ironically, I never touched them machines as I thought they’d be addictive but still managed to waste most of, sometimes all of my monthly wage on the horses.
There have been times where I wished there wasn’t a bookies anywhere in my town so I was unable to go in at all, let alone set a limit I could bet.

On the flip side, the woman that works in my local bookies has been there, or in a bookies in the town for 30+ years. A lovely lady who I would hate to see lose her job.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28087 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 11:36:03 »

As I said I generally agree with the sentiment but the policy seems more to grab headlines rather than actually be thought about.

You can plough cash into a fruit machine whilst getting pissed at a fair old rate (thus potentially feeding two vices at once) or it will just move it all online where you can circumvent many of the rules by using various accounts simultaneously.

If the government do plan to use the law to manage problem of addiction limiting spend in pubs and banning off sales would protect a much larger target group and also have the added advantage of saving the NHS a small fortune!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28088 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 11:41:08 »

I share your concerns with much of this re economic impact except for the "Ghost Towns" bit - town centres that consist of rows of betting shops, pound shops and charity shops (broken up with the odd KFC rip-off) are pretty much ghost towns already. They just don't know they're dead yet. They might be better with voids as at least then the problem of a dead town centre void of any meaningful economic activity would be clear for all the actors to see and be forced to admit. And hence hopefully doing something about it. Rather than being able to sweep the problem under the carpet
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28089 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 11:52:58 »

As someone who has struggled (and still do) with gambling problems in the past I can see why it’s haopening. Ironically, I never touched them machines as I thought they’d be addictive but still managed to waste most of, sometimes all of my monthly wage on the horses.
There have been times where I wished there wasn’t a bookies anywhere in my town so I was unable to go in at all, let alone set a limit I could bet.

On the flip side, the woman that works in my local bookies has been there, or in a bookies in the town for 30+ years. A lovely lady who I would hate to see lose her job.

I think most people have addictions to something or other.... I know I certainly do. Being aware of it though is important, because it enables you to do something about it, especially if the effects are malign.

A regards the lady, the days when you could work in the same place for donkeys have largely gone.... however the skills she has gained in that time are probably transferable, and people who have to rejob as it were, often enjoy a change after the initial discomfort.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #28090 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 12:08:49 »

"what the fuck" indeed.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #28091 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 18:45:10 »

"what the fuck" indeed.
Fucking Lunatics.  Good job the lion's weren't hungry.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #28092 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 18:53:58 »

Fucking Lunatics.  Good job the lion's weren't hungry.

*Cheetahs. But, yes. Fucking lunatics indeed.
Barry Scott

« Reply #28093 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 20:13:35 »

Was I the only one hoping someone became a meal? (Not the kid of course)
Flashheart

« Reply #28094 on: Thursday, May 17, 2018, 20:17:30 »

One of the adults deserved a fucking great chunk taken from a leg at least.

Had those Cheetahs attacked, they would likely have been put down.
Pages: 1 ... 1870 1871 1872 [1873] 1874 1875 1876 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: