Pages: 1 ... 1858 1859 1860 [1861] 1862 1863 1864 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047462 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #27900 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 20:23:50 »

Where were you bamboo? You seem to do a fair bit of travelling fella! Smiley

So where we go is usually down by the sea and prices tend to be a little higher than normal. Unfortunately the price of Efes (or Tuborg which is the other offering) always seems to creep up (because the place has been hit by tourists being put off the country due to the terrorist threat) and is generally around 10-16 TL (can be higher when live music is happening.)

In the west of the country the Turks are Definitely not fans of Erdogan. I believe there is a female opponent who is increasing in popularity with an election coming up.

The wife and I love the Country and it’s people but as with anywhere it’s not perfect.

I have stayed twice in recent years near a little fishing village called Güllük, you may have heard of it? It's not hugely touristy. A few trinkety stalls long the harbour front and several bars and restaurants. There's enough to keep you happy for a simple, relaxing holiday. Bodrum is about 20miles away and the airport 10miles. It's just far enough away to not be heard but close enough for convenience. Up here I can go direct from East Mids airport so ideal for an instant getaway. Thankfully I know the owners of the apartment now and they live out there. They live just over the bay at Horizon Sky (a free boat charter takes customers and residents for free over to Güllük, as it's the nearest place with a market and the odd shop, etc), that's a really lovely place.

Was going to say, I wonder if the price fluctuates with the exchange rate, a you say due to not being enough Brit and Germans slurping the beer! 15TL I guess would be about right I suppose, at a seafront bar for around £2.50.

Yes was going to reply to Reg saying that the Aegean side of Turkey pretty much has no time for Erdogan. Most of the people are pretty forward thinking, you know, like a lot of the world really. Obviously further Eastern stretches of Turkey have their border problems and differences as Afghanistan shares a border, IIRC?!

Yeah it's a great place and like you say, everywhere can have it's issues but I've experienced way more positive elements in Turkey and even made good friends with a Marine Biologist out there, now she has travelled!

I've been to a few places. Back in early October went on an epic road trip (I hate the word epic used for something really not epic. Like 'just been on an epic 1mile walk'. I'm sorry son, you really haven't.) through Spain, from North (Bilbao) - South (Malaga), with my friend who is a pro photographer (I do a bit, she thinks I'm good but she's brilliant), we did a few shoots along the way, hence some arty shots I posted on the other thread. I think we squeezed in about 17 places in 8 days and somehow managed to stay in Zaragoza for two nights during Pilar Festival on Spain's National Day. That was pretty incredible but Valencia was even better. Thought I wouldn't better it and the tiny puebla of Mojacar was so chilled out after a few days of cities and culture. It was a different kind of better. We then travelled to Granada and our route took us through the Tabernas Desert. Home to many a great Spaghetti Western film. Granada though. Ahh, stunning. The smells of Jasmine and fresh breads and Churros. Children being taught proper Flamenco in school playgrounds, the Alhambra, the gypsy houses of Sacromonte. There was a bustle of a city but a slow bumbling bustle. I would recommend Granada and would happily recommend a couple of Tabernas that we ate in too.

Barry Scott, I'm sure you'll love Turkey, as both BO and I have said it's generally friendly and the Sunset are damn good. Even better after a flash thunderstorm too Smiley Enjoy.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #27901 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 21:04:22 »

This forum has turned into ‘wish you were here’

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #27902 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 21:27:42 »

Oh how I miss Judith Chalmers and her tan leather tits.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #27903 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 21:44:20 »

It's not helping me much with my 'I can't go on holiday' envy that's for sure, I just brought it into another thread!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27904 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 21:51:11 »

I saw the biggest, fuck off out of the way cruise ship in Lisbon today - Britannia. How do those fuckers float?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27905 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 21:55:30 »

I saw the biggest, fuck off out of the way cruise ship in Lisbon today - Britannia. How do those fuckers float?

How was the game yesterday?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #27906 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 21:56:17 »

It's not helping me much with my 'I can't go on holiday' envy that's for sure, I just brought it into another thread!

Apologies but I'll counter that with; travel as much and as often as you can.

'Incessant Nonsense'

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27907 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 21:59:58 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=19817.0

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27908 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 22:02:37 »

How was the game yesterday?
Not brilliant. Sporting won on penalties. But the fans were tremendous. 120 minutes non stop noise. Puts our so called big clubs with big fans to shame.

I know it’s a bit orchestrated, but all the same, it’s bloody impressive.

Don’t know why Sporting’s signature song is My Way.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27909 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 22:06:28 »

Yeah. Fans are so much better on the continent (maybe not Holland so much from my experience).

Germany is easily the best atmosphere i have seen, 90 minutes of singing whatever the score, as you say, it’s quite choreographed but it’s pretty impressive nonetheless.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #27910 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 22:12:59 »

Apologies but I'll counter that with; travel as much and as often as you can.

Yeah.. Except I can't.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #27911 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 22:14:03 »

Yeah.. Except I can't.

Why? Do you have some kind of travel ban?   Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27912 on: Friday, April 20, 2018, 00:24:55 »

Archimedes' principle.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #27913 on: Friday, April 20, 2018, 05:50:43 »

Touché but that was 11 Year’s ago. Every other thread is now a holiday one.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27914 on: Friday, April 20, 2018, 09:06:30 »

I've been at for for an hour and I've already ate my lunch.... it going to be one of those days
Pages: 1 ... 1858 1859 1860 [1861] 1862 1863 1864 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: