Pages: 1 ... 1857 1858 1859 [1860] 1861 1862 1863 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046684 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27885 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 09:13:24 »

Turkey, there's somewhere to look for summer hols...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27886 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 09:38:05 »

We have an apartment out there in Kusadasi, which is kind of between Izmir and Bodrum.

I love Turkey but would like to see more of it, only been to Kusadasi, Bodrum and Istanbul to date.

Watch when you go in summer, it can get very very hot! We usually go April/May and August/September.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27887 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 09:39:00 »

ah, good point, thanks for the tip.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27888 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 11:04:30 »

Warmest day of the year and they've decided to start some repair work outside my place of work. Disc cutter, now drill  Roll Eyes
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27889 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 11:37:49 »

Warmest day of the year and they've decided to start some repair work outside my place of work. Disc cutter, now drill  Roll Eyes

Apparently the warmest day of the year, yet I have had to put the heating on in the office for the first time in a few weeks!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27890 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 14:16:55 »

Apparently the warmest day of the year, yet I have had to put the heating on in the office for the first time in a few weeks!

Ne'er cast a clout til May be out..... hopefully Theresa.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #27891 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 15:24:48 »

Enjoying a nice pint in a beer garden.
The sunshine is very welcome.
The amount of bum cleavage on display is not.

Extra bike rack space is always useful though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27892 on: Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 16:45:02 »

Enjoying a nice pint in a beer garden.
The sunshine is very welcome.
The amount of bum cleavage on display is not.

Extra bike rack space is always useful though.

Rather depends on whether it's builder's or bird's.   
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #27893 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 09:57:15 »

Rather depends on whether it's builder's or bird's.  

Went on a pub crawl along Faringdon Road a few years back.
Might have been The Greyhound, there was a woman in her early 20's perched on a stool at the bar.
The chasm on display could have hidden a Klingon battle cruiser.
We were having a good chuckle, but a couple of disgruntled locals said that they had to put with it on a regular basis.
She seemed oblivious to it all.

Went back a year or two later, but alas the arse was nowhere to be seen.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 09:59:30 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27894 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 10:27:15 »

Went on a pub crawl along Faringdon Road a few years back.
Might have been The Greyhound, there was a woman in her early 20's perched on a stool at the bar.
The chasm on display could have hidden a Klingon battle cruiser.
We were having a good chuckle, but a couple of disgruntled locals said that they had to put with it on a regular basis.
She seemed oblivious to it all.

Went back a year or two later, but alas the arse was nowhere to be seen.

It can be distracting.... on the whole though I am in favour, of the female flesh displays that come with a spell of warm weather.  I'm no more in favour of body fascism than other forms.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #27895 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 13:08:25 »

I stay at a little place not far from where BO stays. Cracking part of the world and the people are always pretty friendly. The tourist trade in Turkey has been obliterated from times past as a lot of people consider it to be a terrorist hotspot. The irony being, the U.K is more likely to be given that term than Turkey.

Same as BO, I wish to explore more of Turkey too. Great value price wise too. I think you can get about 6TL to 1GBP maybe a tad lower. It was about 6 or 7L for a beer last time I was out there and up to 10L in Bodrum. Given the generous rise (I got about 4.5TL to 1GBP last time out) you could see yourself paying about £2 for 0.5 glass of Effes. In the mini markets it'll be cheaper of course.

BO, what price were you getting just recently?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27896 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 14:34:49 »

The tourist trade in Turkey has been obliterated from times past as a lot of people consider it to be a terrorist hotspot. The irony being, the U.K is more likely to be given that term than Turkey.

Erdogan is taking Turkey into some places whcih are not to the taste of western democracies. Remember it wasn't that long ago that Cameron was actively pushing for thieir EU membership.  He's joining those dictators who favour sham elections, like Vlad and Xi.

Sometimes, it needs to be accepted that the only way countries like Turkey can hold together, is with a strong dictator, as shown by Saddam and Ghadaffi elsewhere and if this precipitates civil war we're best out of it.

There are those in the UK who would favour this sort of arrangement for us....
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 14:37:41 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #27897 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 18:21:55 »

I stay at a little place not far from where BO stays. Cracking part of the world and the people are always pretty friendly. The tourist trade in Turkey has been obliterated from times past as a lot of people consider it to be a terrorist hotspot. The irony being, the U.K is more likely to be given that term than Turkey.

Same as BO, I wish to explore more of Turkey too. Great value price wise too. I think you can get about 6TL to 1GBP maybe a tad lower. It was about 6 or 7L for a beer last time I was out there and up to 10L in Bodrum. Given the generous rise (I got about 4.5TL to 1GBP last time out) you could see yourself paying about £2 for 0.5 glass of Effes. In the mini markets it'll be cheaper of course.

BO, what price were you getting just recently?

Where were you bamboo? You seem to do a fair bit of travelling fella! Smiley

So where we go is usually down by the sea and prices tend to be a little higher than normal. Unfortunately the price of Efes (or Tuborg which is the other offering) always seems to creep up (because the place has been hit by tourists being put off the country due to the terrorist threat) and is generally around 10-16 TL (can be higher when live music is happening.)

In the west of the country the Turks are Definitely not fans of Erdogan. I believe there is a female opponent who is increasing in popularity with an election coming up.

The wife and I love the Country and it’s people but as with anywhere it’s not perfect.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Barry Scott

« Reply #27898 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 19:01:49 »

Me and my girlfriend have just recently booked for 11 nights in Oludeniz funnily enough.

Never been to Turkey before and as the agent raved about it (as I'm sure they do about everywhere) we went with it. The price was great and it seemed to tick all the boxes we wanted for a relaxing, post house renovation, holiday. As our house has been a massive cunt, and we've not been away for 2 years, I can't wait.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #27899 on: Thursday, April 19, 2018, 19:13:06 »

Me and my girlfriend have just recently booked for 11 nights in Oludeniz funnily enough.

Never been to Turkey before and as the agent raved about it (as I'm sure they do about everywhere) we went with it. The price was great and it seemed to tick all the boxes we wanted for a relaxing, post house renovation, holiday. As our house has been a massive cunt, and we've not been away for 2 years, I can't wait.

My dad has been to Ölüdeniz and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it’s further south from where we go but I’ve heard great things about Fethiye region.

Enjoy it! Nothing better than a cold Efes whilst watching the sun go down over the sea! Heaven!

Pages: 1 ... 1857 1858 1859 [1860] 1861 1862 1863 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: