Pages: 1 ... 1854 1855 1856 [1857] 1858 1859 1860 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046971 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #27840 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 20:17:01 »

I would have, but it was fucking Jazz.
No excuse.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #27841 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 20:21:05 »

Have you seen the shit fucking rear of them?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #27842 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 21:47:04 »

Have you seen the shit fucking rear of them?
Improvisation 😂
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27843 on: Saturday, April 7, 2018, 22:45:15 »

So the kid won?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27844 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 09:26:35 »

Improvisation 😂

The worst kind of Jazz.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27845 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 09:46:50 »

The worst kind of Jazz.

Interesting article here about the current jazz scene in the UK....

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/apr/08/british-jazz-invasion-moses-boyd-matthew-halsall-nubya-garcia
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #27846 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 09:58:02 »

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27847 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 09:59:57 »

Smiley

Just how I imagine Froggy... only with a Gauloises.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 9, 2018, 10:01:33 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27848 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 15:39:05 »

It may just be me, but this law sounds barmy to me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43673331

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #27849 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 15:54:01 »

So technically the lad who died is guilty of his own murder.

Barmy indeed.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27850 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 16:03:54 »

We have a similar law here, Joint Enterprise, actually not a law per se, more a legal convention but one which has increasingly been used to convict people who were involved in, but not in the usual sense directly responsible for, a death. There's been some highly controversial murder convictions using joint enterprise in recent years.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #27851 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 19:31:16 »

We have a similar law here, Joint Enterprise, actually not a law per se, more a legal convention but one which has increasingly been used to convict people who were involved in, but not in the usual sense directly responsible for, a death. There's been some highly controversial murder convictions using joint enterprise in recent years.

Yes this is a massive concern in many cases. Some kids getting sent down/to YOIs for just being present. Often the detail isn't explored in the cases, so it's not always clear if the ones present were involved in any way (ie holding someone down, preventing someone from stopping the act, etc.). People are getting convicted when they really shouldn't. Could put them on a path of resentment and disregard for the law in the future. Then again, the prosecution love re-offender cases, as it's easy money to convict again. There was a pretty good documentary centred around the pitfalls (and potential benefits) of JE some time back. Can't remember the name of it. It brought up a scenario whereby one young lad was told if he said he did the offence then the rest would get let off. However, the lad in question was the only one who hadn't actually committed any 'offence'. They weren't interested in that though as they wanted to make an example of 'groups of youths'. The innocent lad refused to admit an offence he played no part in. Verdict: All deemed guilty.

It's a largely shocking convention, purely designed to get youths off the streets. It needs a review and the detail should be explored. Far too many oversights which essentially creates future repeat offenders.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27852 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 20:05:55 »

Yes this is a massive concern in many cases. Some kids getting sent down/to YOIs for just being present. Often the detail isn't explored in the cases, so it's not always clear if the ones present were involved in any way (ie holding someone down, preventing someone from stopping the act, etc.). People are getting convicted when they really shouldn't. Could put them on a path of resentment and disregard for the law in the future. Then again, the prosecution love re-offender cases, as it's easy money to convict again. There was a pretty good documentary centred around the pitfalls (and potential benefits) of JE some time back. Can't remember the name of it. It brought up a scenario whereby one young lad was told if he said he did the offence then the rest would get let off. However, the lad in question was the only one who hadn't actually committed any 'offence'. They weren't interested in that though as they wanted to make an example of 'groups of youths'. The innocent lad refused to admit an offence he played no part in. Verdict: All deemed guilty.

It's a largely shocking convention, purely designed to get youths off the streets. It needs a review and the detail should be explored. Far too many oversights which essentially creates future repeat offenders.

I think that was on a documentary a few years back. The lad thought they were going for a pizza and wasn’t aware they had planned to murder someone IIRC.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #27853 on: Monday, April 9, 2018, 21:44:56 »

Article on the BBC of the secret footballer saying he's terrified of being outed.

I thought everyone knew who it was?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #27854 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 05:48:27 »

Nope, who is it?

Edit: A brief Google lends me to believe it's Dave Kitson.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 05:52:32 by Ginginho » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1854 1855 1856 [1857] 1858 1859 1860 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: