Pages: 1 ... 1848 1849 1850 [1851] 1852 1853 1854 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046661 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #27750 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 11:05:18 »

Don't go down this route Paul, you'll wander into the whole "planes would fly into space if you didn't keep adjusting nose down, but they don't do that. Therefore the earth is flat"

Then your head will fall off.

Have you seen the guy that took a spirit level on a plane?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27751 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 11:14:03 »

oh dear.... no. make it stop
Flashheart

« Reply #27752 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 11:21:36 »

Yep. Just as I explained.

The poor fool insisted that if the Earth was a sphere, then the plane would need to point downwards slightly in order to compensate for the curvature of the Earth. The spirit level, however, showed that the plane was level when at cruising altitude.  Eek Eek Eek

This thing called gravity and the angle of attack of aircraft was explained to him. They were probably just Nasa shills leading the people away from the truth though, obviously.
Flashheart

« Reply #27753 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 11:22:52 »

I shall not suffer alone:

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27754 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 11:30:03 »

THE TRUTH:

So the quickest route from London to Sydney is to fly over the "North Pole", or do we now have to call it "Central Tundra"? Planes consistently head off in the wrong direction, yet still arrive. And what do "north" and "south" even mean any more? And climate? How to explain the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn? Why would there be belts of similar temperature?

How do these people even navigate getting food into their mouths? My head hurts already. I'm out.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27755 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 18:44:54 »

BT and their cunting useless internet.

It doesn’t need to be super duper fast just make sure it works consistently you bastards!

Moving to Virgin on Saturday. Can’t wait.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #27756 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 22:01:05 »

So the quickest route from London to Sydney is to fly over the "North Pole", or do we now have to call it "Central Tundra"? Planes consistently head off in the wrong direction, yet still arrive. And what do "north" and "south" even mean any more? And climate? How to explain the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn? Why would there be belts of similar temperature?

How do these people even navigate getting food into their mouths? My head hurts already. I'm out.

The best one I saw was a guy who's proof of the earth being flat was that water finds its level and therefore wouldn't be able to stick to a globe.

Which he ably demonstrated by firing a hosepipe jet of water onto a football in his back garden.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #27757 on: Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 22:45:15 »

Think they should do another show, the only way is wessex.

They do. It’s called This Country.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #27758 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 06:55:18 »

Three things at the moment, but nothing new.

- Rubbish. Why can people not put their rubbish in bin, or take it home? Looks disgusting.
- Dog Poo. Pick it up people. Don’t just leave it. Even if it by the side of the path.
- Parking. People park on pavements (literally their whole car on the pavement), on dropped kerbs, on bends, junctions. The bit outside asda is for dropping people off. It’s not the car park.

I think as a nation we are very lazy. Too far to walk, to lazy to pick stuff up.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #27759 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 08:36:45 »

Three things at the moment, but nothing new.

- Rubbish. Why can people not put their rubbish in bin, or take it home? Looks disgusting.
- Dog Poo. Pick it up people. Don’t just leave it. Even if it by the side of the path.
- Parking. People park on pavements (literally their whole car on the pavement), on dropped kerbs, on bends, junctions. The bit outside asda is for dropping people off. It’s not the car park.

I think as a nation we are very lazy. Too far to walk, to lazy to pick stuff up.

Yep, sounds about right 100% agree
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27760 on: Thursday, March 15, 2018, 08:56:24 »

Worst place for kerb parking is bottom of Vic Hill around 7. Mums dropping off their little dahlings to some dance studio.

And at top of Vic Hill around the fast food shops.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27761 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 08:55:29 »

Just driven daughter into work in town and the number of dickheads who still drive up your jacksy. Drive to the conditions. It's not a normal day.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #27762 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 09:01:39 »

I am hungover this morning, and pre-ordered a bunch of breakfast food from Tim’s Baguette bar, and now I’m scared he’s not going to show up with my food

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #27763 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 09:18:08 »

I am hungover this morning, and pre-ordered a bunch of breakfast food from Tim’s Baguette bar, and now I’m scared he’s not going to show up with my food

Stay stronger, brother.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27764 on: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 09:22:22 »

I should've been on the way to Alton Towers but the snow's put paid to that.

On the plus side, the kids are stranded at the in-laws.
Pages: 1 ... 1848 1849 1850 [1851] 1852 1853 1854 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: