Pages: 1 ... 1831 1832 1833 [1834] 1835 1836 1837 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5062774 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27495 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 14:55:04 »

Get it lowered now you have an excuse

If it was worth lowering i would but i don't think i'd gain much street cred with a lowered Citroen c4
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27496 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 15:52:54 »

I went to Krakow a few years ago and it's so close to Auschwitz it would feel wrong not to go and I'm glad I did. It was an unforgettable experience and people should go if they get the opportunity.

Having said that, one thing that sticks in my memory - similar to your story Dave - was a middle-aged woman and presumably her son (late teens, early twenties) from England, 'somewhere up north' and their behaviour was bordering on surreal. The best way I can put it is - replace Krakow with Torremolinos and Auschwitz with a trip to the local winery and then they would have appeared absolutely normal. They were just so happy and  excited to be going on the trip.

And when they were there, they were taking it in turns to photograph each other - I swear this is true - in front of the gas chambers and having a right laugh (must have been before selfie sticks were invented)

I was too dumb struck to say anything...

+1 for someone who has been. I went on a stag weekend to Krakow and I didn't want to waste the opportunity to visit Auschwitz for exactly the reasons others have stated.

I also echo the sentiments that to take pictures and selfies etc is just extremely disrespectful. I'll never forget how eerie and silent being there was. It was a very sobering experience.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27497 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 16:20:16 »

if it's any consolation chubbs, mine decided it didn't need any coolant on Monday. Thankfully I was within a gnats dick of Fish Bros Skoda.

Naturally I then needed to take the train into work in Chippenham. I duly fucked my knee Thursday making the walk back to the station somewhat painful. Bravado/stupidity lead me to not accepting a lift, cause 'it's not that bad'. I spent the rest of the weekend hobbling around with a crutch. the walk from the CG to the transfer bridges was a particular 'highlight'.

on the plus side, Fish Bros have been excellent considering I turned up unannounced. Yes dealer prices, in this case though worth with it.

New water pump/seals/aux belt in case you wondered.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27498 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 16:29:07 »

Indeed, I have no idea if I can get Quest on Sky, I assume so.

It all sounds a bit Alan Partridge-esque, where he hosts that military based quiz show on UK Conquest Smiley
Ch144. It's not HD but the picture's not too bad unlike some non-HD channels which are abysmal. They're currently showing a programme about some tanks being transported through the middle of Trowbridge.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27499 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 16:37:00 »

think it's just freeview lite you can't get it on.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27500 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 17:10:15 »

And some claim the the TEF has lost its relevance and its edge...

In one page we manage to discuss the suspension of a Citroen C4, Auschwitz, water pumps and finally the further bolloxation of FL highlights....

Its like the One Show on here sometimes....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #27501 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 18:50:15 »

+1 for someone who has been. I went on a stag weekend to Krakow and I didn't want to waste the opportunity to visit Auschwitz for exactly the reasons others have stated.

I also echo the sentiments that to take pictures and selfies etc is just extremely disrespectful. I'll never forget how eerie and silent being there was. It was a very sobering experience.

My parents went several years ago (they're in their late 50s/early 60s) because my Dad has a massive interest in war related history and like many, WWII is one that is prevalent in the mind. Like others who have been they said that it was such a surreal experience and many, many folds more emotional and shocking than they could've read about in a book.

With regards the photos thing, I agree selfies and posing for portrait style pics is totally no go. However, if you're a photographer and have a good eye, there is nothing wrong with capture the true nature of the environment. I would love to go and for this reason, I would love to take pictures of such an absorbing and important location in our recent history. I have a friend who is a pro photographer and she has been. She said she was crying while taking the images. Not because she was capturing iconic landmarks of history but because she felt as she took the images, she became part of that environment, it came to life as such and she honestly felt marginally, like a war photographer at the time may have felt. I'll reiterate though, posing for selfies in a place like that just speaks volumes of the kind of person they are. It also annoys me when people do it in places of worship too. Not that i'm particularly religious but yeah.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
woolster

« Reply #27502 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 01:19:31 »

I somehow stumbled across WWE late night raw, is this for fucking real, words fail me :gay:
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27503 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 02:36:09 »

Our boiler packed up on Sunday so it’s a fucking fridge in the house. Went to bed last night wearing a T shirt and leaving my boxers on.

Just got up for a night time piss, put on dressing gown, sat on khasi and relieved myself.

Forgot about wearing boxers. Ffs.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27504 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 07:21:41 »

At least it warmed you up  Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27505 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 08:08:16 »

hahaha. I'm not sure why you are admitting that but it made me laugh!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27506 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 09:29:23 »

I somehow stumbled across WWE late night raw, is this for fucking real, words fail me :gay:
I used to love WWE or WWF as it was then back from the late 80s through the 90's , and even eary 2000's was OK. But i occasionally catch it now at then and my word it really has gone to pot.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #27507 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 10:24:02 »

People who say the Winter Olympics is crap, then pretend to be a big fan once it starts

I come from a land down-under
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27508 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 10:40:55 »

My wipers stopped working this morning whilst doing 70mph on the A34. Luckily I was only half a mile from Tot Hill where I was coming off but it was definitely a shit my pants moment
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27509 on: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 10:42:22 »

I watched some of the women's ski jumping yesterday.  Head Hurts
Pages: 1 ... 1831 1832 1833 [1834] 1835 1836 1837 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: