Pages: 1 ... 1830 1831 1832 [1833] 1834 1835 1836 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046761 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #27480 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:18:10 »

And to make it worse it was on a fucking selfie stick. Who takes a fucking selfie stick to auschwitz?

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #27481 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 11:38:31 »

I don't know why somebody would want to go to Auschwitz in the first place.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27482 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 12:07:41 »

Someone I’m facebook friends with is on a group holiday in Kraków at the moment, and posted a selfie of themselves in a minibus on the way to auschwitz, which I thought was a little strange, but as long as they don’t take one of themselves at the camp, because i find that one of the most disturbing things a person can consider acceptable.

And then lo and behold, a few hours later another group selfie appears in front of the arbeit macht frei sogn, although this time with more somber faces. I can’t begin to understand the thought process of someone who goes to the scene of one of the greatest atrocities of all time and be so vain as to take a photo of themselves. It annoyed me a lot more than I thought it would

And before anyone blames millenial narcissism, i’d Peg the average age of this group at 55

I've been to Auschwitz twice and the things i saw are permanently engrained in my memory. no need for photos.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #27483 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 12:10:28 »

I think everybody should go, if only for it to hit home how horrific humans can be. You can read all the books you want on it, but standing on the same ground is much more visceral and changes the atrocities that happened from ‘difficult to forget’ to ‘impossible to forget’. IMO

Just show some fucking respect if you do and leave the selfie stick at home

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27484 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 12:21:33 »

I think everybody should go, if only for it to hit home how horrific humans can be. You can read all the books you want on it, but standing on the same ground is much more visceral and changes the atrocities that happened from ‘difficult to forget’ to ‘impossible to forget’. IMO

Just show some fucking respect if you do and leave the selfie stick at home

Amir

« Reply #27485 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 12:26:36 »

After visiting S21 and then the killing fields memorial, tuk tuk drivers ask if you'd like to go and shoot an AK47 or a grenade launcher. Plenty must take them up on the offer, which I find astounding.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27486 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 12:27:38 »

Good old FL...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5373531/amp/EFL-broadcast-highlights-freeview-channel-Quest.html?__twitter_impression=true
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27487 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 12:29:50 »

I went to Krakow a few years ago and it's so close to Auschwitz it would feel wrong not to go and I'm glad I did. It was an unforgettable experience and people should go if they get the opportunity.

Having said that, one thing that sticks in my memory - similar to your story Dave - was a middle-aged woman and presumably her son (late teens, early twenties) from England, 'somewhere up north' and their behaviour was bordering on surreal. The best way I can put it is - replace Krakow with Torremolinos and Auschwitz with a trip to the local winery and then they would have appeared absolutely normal. They were just so happy and  excited to be going on the trip.

And when they were there, they were taking it in turns to photograph each other - I swear this is true - in front of the gas chambers and having a right laugh (must have been before selfie sticks were invented)

I was too dumb struck to say anything...

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #27488 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 12:58:44 »

Erm am ibeing thick? The headline makes it out as if it is being moved to freeview? Last tome i looked channel 5 was free soapy tit wank
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #27489 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 13:05:37 »

I don't know why somebody would want to go to Auschwitz in the first place.
I understand that it can sit ill with a holiday.  Indeed I asked myself the question as to whether I wanted to visit during a short break in Krakow - otherwise an engaging and attractive city.  I was anxious about being part of some tick box day trip, with selfie stick idiots for company.

In the end, I needn't have bothered. We had a guide who informed with understated sensitivity and a respectful group. To tap into the horrific reality of where the dark side of human nature can lead is a profound experience.

I wouldn't think badly of anyone choosing not to go.  But if you do go, ffs don't act like it's all about you. As Chubbs says you don't need any photos.  Enjoy the rest of your holiday by all means.  In Krakow  there is a lively Jewish quarter and culture.  That regeneration is the other side of the coin.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #27490 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 13:16:24 »

Erm am ibeing thick? The headline makes it out as if it is being moved to freeview? Last tome i looked channel 5 was free soapy tit wank

Yes, you're being thick Smiley

It's being moved to Freeview channel QUEST.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27491 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 13:19:13 »

Yes, you're being thick Smiley

It's being moved to Freeview channel QUEST.
The rationale being that viewing figures on Ch 5 have been disappointing. So moving it to some obscure shopping channel or whatever the fuck QUEST is, will definitely help solve that  Doh
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #27492 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 14:02:37 »

The rationale being that viewing figures on Ch 5 have been disappointing. So moving it to some obscure shopping channel or whatever the fuck QUEST is, will definitely help solve that  Doh

Indeed, I have no idea if I can get Quest on Sky, I assume so.

It all sounds a bit Alan Partridge-esque, where he hosts that military based quiz show on UK Conquest Smiley
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27493 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 14:43:12 »

Cars,

Started driving off my drive and a massive bang comes from the car.

Reverse back onto the drive expecting to see something i have hit but nothing. So i pull off again and straight away i know whats happened. My passenger side front coil has snapped in half. Just what i need.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27494 on: Monday, February 12, 2018, 14:51:45 »

Get it lowered now you have an excuse
Pages: 1 ... 1830 1831 1832 [1833] 1834 1835 1836 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: