Pages: 1 ... 1755 1756 1757 [1758] 1759 1760 1761 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047151 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #26355 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 13:13:48 »

In the wacky world that is the USA, in Publix (a sort of cross between Tesco and Waitrose) they have someone packing your stuff for you and willing to take it to the car and load it up if you'd like.  They use about 1 bag per item as well.  The cashier will also engage in pleasantries ensuring that a process that could be done in a couple of minutes can extend into a good morning natter and debate if you'd like.  They've also refused to install self service tills and most cards still need a signature.  ON the one hand it's nice, on the other it's amazing how the things that annoy you in the UK (lack of CS) suddenly cause you frustration when you realise the 10 minute shop just took you half an hour.

Haha we used a Publix in Florida. Me and my mate yet an oap female employee insisted on not only pushing the trolley to the van but loading it in too.

Still beats shopping at Walmart
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26356 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 13:20:35 »

Women ahead of me in shopping queues.  You've been waiting for a couple of minutes love, why don't you do something productive? Like find your fucking purse? No? You prefer to wait for the cashier to ask you for the money and then take an inordinate amount of time rooting through your cavernous fucking handbag?  Take your time. And mine, you stupid bitch.

These are 2 of the reasons why we generally use online shopping to be delivered.

Been to Subway twice recently and on both occasions the folk in front of me were having conversations on their phone whilst going through the whole rigmarole of picking your bread and toppings etc and they were too busy on their phones to properly pay attention. I wanted to rip the bloody mobiles out of their hands and volley it out of shop.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26357 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 17:44:14 »

Women ahead of me in shopping queues.  You've been waiting for a couple of minutes love, why don't you do something productive? Like find your fucking purse? No? You prefer to wait for the cashier to ask you for the money and then take an inordinate amount of time rooting through your cavernous fucking handbag?  Take your time. And mine, you stupid bitch.

Did you know that you can avoid the queues by going at less busy times? Tesco is open 24 hours
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #26358 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 17:50:34 »

Did you know that you can avoid the queues by going at less busy times? Tesco is open 24 hours

Yeah. I find I'm somewhat restricted by having a job and the need to sleep. My annoyance isn't with queues anyway. I'm British, I love a good queue. The gripe is about idiots who can't seem to plan a few minutes in advance.

It's All Good..............
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26359 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 17:54:01 »

Yeah. I find I'm somewhat restricted by having a job and the need to sleep. My annoyance isn't with queues anyway. I'm British, I love a good queue. The gripe is about idiots who can't seem to plan a few minutes in advance.

Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26360 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 18:21:22 »

Going for a long run with my waterproof run bag, get caught in a torrential downpour, find out waterproof run bag isn't ... mostly by the fact my mobile phone is somewhat fucked.

sigh. Can't buy it too easily any more either (not for £199), the battery was fantastic (Lonovo P2).

Hey ho, Wileyfox Swift 2x is looking likely if the P2 doesn't resurrect itself...

Feckin run bag, its rubber inner coating trapped the water that got in...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26361 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 18:30:44 »

Going for a long run with my waterproof run bag, get caught in a torrential downpour, find out waterproof run bag isn't ... mostly by the fact my mobile phone is somewhat fucked.

sigh. Can't buy it too easily any more either (not for £199), the battery was fantastic (Lonovo P2).

Hey ho, Wileyfox Swift 2x is looking likely if the P2 doesn't resurrect itself...

Feckin run bag, its rubber inner coating trapped the water that got in...
FWIW, I've got a Swift 2+, fantastic phone for the money. But I hope you're going to use this experience to road test all the "Save your phone with rice vs silica" stuff we've had on here recently Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26362 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 19:36:53 »

it's in a bag of rice on the sky box
no silica
no airing cupboard!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26363 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 20:20:46 »

it's in a bag of rice on the sky box
no silica
no airing cupboard!
Very much nailed your colours to the mast there, jayo will have a fit
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26364 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 20:38:25 »

in related news the wet short with inbuilt pants have chafed my nutsack. the soak in the bath wasn't as relaxing as I hoped
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #26365 on: Friday, August 18, 2017, 22:56:16 »

In the wacky world that is the USA, in Publix (a sort of cross between Tesco and Waitrose) they have someone packing your stuff for you and willing to take it to the car and load it up if you'd like.  They use about 1 bag per item as well.  The cashier will also engage in pleasantries ensuring that a process that could be done in a couple of minutes can extend into a good morning natter and debate if you'd like.  They've also refused to install self service tills and most cards still need a signature.  ON the one hand it's nice, on the other it's amazing how the things that annoy you in the UK (lack of CS) suddenly cause you frustration when you realise the 10 minute shop just took you half an hour.

This. Currently enjoying watch "People of Walmart" in real time, we do prefer Publix though. Mind you Walmart are just as guilty with the shopping bags. We could make a fortune bringing them back and undercutting the 5p charged in the UK.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26366 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 09:35:05 »

FWIW, I've got a Swift 2+, fantastic phone for the money.

Change of plan, I've gone for a cheaper chinese phone (Doogee BL5000). So no doubt they'll steal my thoughts/bank account, but at least the battery will be good. No NFC/android pay though Sad Upgrade in 6 month/year when someone does something that is better.

The P2 isn't looking happy. It was on when the water got in, and other than disassembling it there isn't much more that I can do. Its red menacing LED eye is lit up looking at me, screaming for silica gel and an airing cupboard.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 09:36:38 by Batch » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26367 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 10:18:58 »

in related news the wet short with inbuilt pants have chafed my nutsack. the soak in the bath wasn't as relaxing as I hoped
You should smear your balls in silica gel then dangle them in a bag of rice for the afternoon. It's the only way
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #26368 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 13:12:21 »

You should smear your balls in silica gel then dangle them in a bag of rice for the afternoon. It's the only way

Don't do it, Batch. Paul doesn't keep his end of the bargain.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #26369 on: Saturday, August 19, 2017, 16:28:32 »

Massively deceptive photos on letting agency websites. Been to see a place today, garden looked a decent size, we get there and it's tiny. Could pretty much touch the back fence and the patio door at a stretch. Pah!

Pages: 1 ... 1755 1756 1757 [1758] 1759 1760 1761 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: