Pages: 1 ... 1735 1736 1737 [1738] 1739 1740 1741 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048849 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26055 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 14:47:29 »

I caught up with some of the sets last night on iPlayer, Loyle Carner fucking killed it.

Kate Tempest's set sounds amazing, I've only heard bits of it though
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #26056 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 17:00:09 »

My friend was singing Loyle Carner's praises on Saturday night, will have to give him a go.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26057 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 21:57:52 »

Did make me laugh seeing all the music snobs cry that he had a backing track and mimed etc. Idiots.
He did actually sing  live though, right?

Bands that can't play/sing live annoy the shit out of me,  though I do quite like Depeche Mode so I am a massive hypocrite.
Panda Paws

« Reply #26058 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 08:21:35 »

He did actually sing  live though, right?

Yep everything was live.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26059 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 11:00:46 »

He did actually sing  live though, right?

Bands that can't play/sing live annoy the shit out of me,  though I do quite like Depeche Mode so I am a massive hypocrite.

He just basically records what he does then plays it over and over. He can turn it on and off at will. I've had a go on a loop pedal (just 1!) and it's a really difficult thing to do as you have to get the timings bang on.

Most touring bands now have a backing track of some kind.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #26060 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 11:13:42 »

First times I saw this done to any large extent were 10 or 11 years ago and one of the first people was a chap called David Ford.  Here is a one take one camera video of him doing a song that last 4 minutes on record but 8 minutes on this film.

Around that time Feist was also doing the same.  It very effective.  I still dont really get the Sheeran adoration, but then Im in my mid 40's.  Its not really made for me.

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #26061 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 11:29:12 »

He just basically records what he does then plays it over and over. He can turn it on and off at will. I've had a go on a loop pedal (just 1!) and it's a really difficult thing to do as you have to get the timings bang on.

Most touring bands now have a backing track of some kind.
Loads of bands play to click tracks and backing, the worst one I have seen is the 3 times the Wurzels supported my band a few years back....they didnt play to a backing track....they played the whole gig miming, they weren't even close to the words, lost a lot of respect for them on those occassions.

Luckily the crowd on each occassion were so pissed up they didn't notice.

As for using a loop pedal, the best I have seen is a friend and musical comedian called Rob Deering(celebrity mastermind and celebrity pointless winner) who does every instrument on his guitar and layers of backing vocals on loop pedal before singing a song....when done well it is superb.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26062 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 11:44:47 »

Adver having a cutting edge, in depth, 15 questions with Paul Mullin....but not his favourite cheese  Angry
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #26063 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 13:00:51 »

First times I saw this done to any large extent were 10 or 11 years ago and one of the first people was a chap called David Ford.  Here is a one take one camera video of him doing a song that last 4 minutes on record but 8 minutes on this film.

Around that time Feist was also doing the same.  It very effective.  I still dont really get the Sheeran adoration, but then Im in my mid 40's.  Its not really made for me.

I saw Gruff Rhys  from the Super Furries supporting Dexys in Oxford a while back and he used the loop pedal to great effect too!
As does Ed Sheeran,it's just his songs are very dull.
To me anyway,but I'm in my late 40's so again, not his target audience.

I don't really care if a band is "live" or whatever.
What matters to me is the atmosphere/energy they create with their performance.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #26064 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 14:42:20 »

I would never say the man was talentless, at least he's not another X factor clone etc. His songs just bore the arse off me. You can be technically proficient and still make me feel nothing (I am talking about music.)

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #26065 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 15:07:14 »

Clearly appeals to a lot of people.  He's just announced the sort of stadium tour (7 dates with a lot of gaps for extra nights to be put in) that usually is the preserve of the likes of Coldplay.

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26066 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 16:43:02 »

He seems like a thoroughly normal bloke which is nice
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #26067 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 21:15:01 »

Someone who overcame a stutter and bullying in school, so I have respect for him on that front as he is probably the closest thing to a decent celebrity role model out there. But yeah, incredibly dull music.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #26068 on: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 22:18:48 »

Clearly appeals to a lot of people.  He's just announced the sort of stadium tour (7 dates with a lot of gaps for extra nights to be put in) that usually is the preserve of the likes of Coldplay.

Don't get me started on Coldplay..

I'd rather listen to my dog fart than Chris Martin.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #26069 on: Friday, June 30, 2017, 17:08:43 »

Two things.

- went to Botley Oxford today. What a shit hole.
- Sam Moreshead really is a negative fucker. Yes Tim Sherwood was bad, but he did bring in some good players. Yes Tim is a little shit, but let's move on. Mr Moreshead always has a dig at the club, in my opinion, ever since he was banned. This is my opinion and I'm a cunt.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 1735 1736 1737 [1738] 1739 1740 1741 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: