Pages: 1 ... 1721 1722 1723 [1724] 1725 1726 1727 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047182 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #25845 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:40:12 »

If we are going for sickening wanky things then I went to my wife's cousin's wedding a few years back. Being vegans they had a civil ceremony before going back to a field behind her dad's house.

They then made us all sit on hay bales whilst they did sickening vows and then they invited the bridesmaids and groomsmen to give a speech on why they should be a couple and why their marriage would be successful.

I was so desperate for somebody to say that the bride was a filthy whore in the bedroom but no one did.

Food was shit. DJ was utter crap. And it rained so the bouncy castle (oh yes) got flooded.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25846 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 13:48:58 »

I know there are people on here with pets so i don't mean to cause offence but i don't understand why people refer themselves as mum or dad to their cats or dogs.

The same thing as referring to dog as boy/girl. No it's a dog.

Obviously there are people who when their kids move on, get a dog as a kind of substitute...or people who can't have kids, or possibly don't want kids who do likewise, I suppose it's harmless enough but to me it's insulting to the animal.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25847 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 14:14:37 »

This is everything that is wrong with todays society.
It really isn't.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #25848 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 14:33:13 »

I know there are people on here with pets so i don't mean to cause offence but i don't understand why people refer themselves as mum or dad to their cats or dogs.

Next you will be telling me it is wrong I refer to my cat as my fur baby.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25849 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 14:59:00 »

Our cat is loving the USA, she's found that Skink Lizard's make great indoor play friends, they'll even break of their tails for her to play with.  Would of course help if she put them back out in the garden when play time is over.
Flashheart

« Reply #25850 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 15:03:24 »

Our cat is loving the USA, she's found that Skink Lizard's make great indoor play friends, they'll even break of their tails for her to play with.  Would of course help if she put them back out in the garden when play time is over.

Skink Lizards? Or just Skinks. Do they call them that over there, in the typical manner of Americans needing to use 2 words when one will do? Like 'Tuna Fish'.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #25851 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 15:09:16 »

Out of interest, did your cat have to spend any time in quarantine?

On a slightly different topic, we found out yesterday one of our cats is diabetic, so we will need to give her insulin twice a day.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25852 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 15:51:30 »

No - Pet Passport meant she was free to travel with us straight from the airport, after being in cargo.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #25853 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 16:04:03 »

No - Pet Passport meant she was free to travel with us straight from the airport, after being in cargo.

Did you need a pet visa too?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25854 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 16:05:47 »

You should report them to the RSPCA for bestiality
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25855 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 20:51:00 »

Did you need a pet visa too?

No, seems pet immigrants are welcome, not sure about Mexican ones though, or Muslim ones.  Mine was obviously white (it is) and Christian (never asked it about it's beliefs, but I'm not sure if lizard killing is against scripture or not).
« Last Edit: Friday, May 19, 2017, 21:01:42 by RobertT » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25856 on: Friday, May 19, 2017, 20:55:30 »

Enterprise Rent A Car - just spent a day having to deal with them.  Rented a car in Orlando, drove it back to where I live in Newnan Georgia and handed it over, no problems.  4 weeks later, I get a letter (old skool over here) suggesting I damaged the car and needed to let my insurance company know (no details or costs included).  I called them and they suggest comprehensive hail damage, which was very odd as id=t didn't hail at any time when I had the car.

My receipt shows I only had the car for 200 miles - but the trip itself was 470 miles before any other driving is factored in, so clearly shit records being maintained.

Contact car insurance and advise I do not wish to claim because I didn't have any damage while under my control.  They then call Enterprise who advise I handed the car back over night, which I explain is complete bollocks as I spent 20 minutes in the office when returning it and if she mentions to them I'm the English guy who has rented from them about 4 times in the past few months, they'll remember me (not many of us in this town).  5 mins later they drop the claim.

Cheeky little fuckers.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #25857 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 07:29:52 »

So not so much; Enterprise...we'll pick you up but more...we'll stitch you up. 😮
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #25858 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 08:47:03 »

Enterprise Rent A Car - just spent a day having to deal with them.  Rented a car in Orlando, drove it back to where I live in Newnan Georgia and handed it over, no problems.  4 weeks later, I get a letter (old skool over here) suggesting I damaged the car and needed to let my insurance company know (no details or costs included).  I called them and they suggest comprehensive hail damage, which was very odd as id=t didn't hail at any time when I had the car.

My receipt shows I only had the car for 200 miles - but the trip itself was 470 miles before any other driving is factored in, so clearly shit records being maintained.

Contact car insurance and advise I do not wish to claim because I didn't have any damage while under my control.  They then call Enterprise who advise I handed the car back over night, which I explain is complete bollocks as I spent 20 minutes in the office when returning it and if she mentions to them I'm the English guy who has rented from them about 4 times in the past few months, they'll remember me (not many of us in this town).  5 mins later they drop the claim.

Cheeky little fuckers.

I'll be going round our station wagon @ Orlando airport with my iPad on pick up & drop off.
woolster

« Reply #25859 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:46:17 »

Milwall scoring v Bradford with 5 mins remaining Crash
Pages: 1 ... 1721 1722 1723 [1724] 1725 1726 1727 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: